Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/19/2011 07:16 PM CST
yes pointing out it was a bug that GMs in the past said not to do or else face massive soul hits means i have to poop.

true fact!

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/19/2011 09:55 PM CST
You're better off assuming any glitch in the game is bug/mech abuse or you may run into some problems. It doesn't take a genius to come up with this logic.

Individuals, families, countries, continents are destroyed at the heavy hand of Vinjince.

-GM Abasha
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 01:12 AM CST
>You're better off assuming any glitch in the game is bug/mech abuse or you may run into some problems. It doesn't take a genius to come up with this logic.

This. This is why I try to bother to post when there's something I know about but isn't planned to be fixed at the moment or punished for.

Generally speaking if you have to do something funny to get around the soul hit for advancing / (insert other penalty here) it should probably set off the 'this is using mechanics in an unintended way' center of your brain.

The proper thing to do is post or look for the most recent post by a GM stating what the procedure is for that. If you post somewhere pretty prominent like this and nobody red-named tells you to stop doing it, it's going to be okay to do until somebody red-named tells you to stop doing it.

If it's really serious we're going to be on it pretty fast.

-Z
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 07:55 AM CST
>>it should probably set off the 'this is using mechanics in an unintended way' center of your brain.

This made me laugh, thanks.
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 10:00 AM CST
>>it should probably set off the 'this is using mechanics in an unintended way' center of your brain.

I know for a fact that my brain has no such center. I'm doomed.
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 11:24 AM CST
Hmmm...maybe I am not on the same page of music here. What I do is hide, stalk, unhide, attack. I don't think that is the glitch (whatever) we are discussing right? The advance, then hide is the issue?

Of course, I am not sure paladins are in jeopardy of breaking any stealth systems regardless of the method of training. Heh.

Madigan
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 12:35 PM CST
I believe the issue is "hiding in combat" in general. Soul hits are unevenly applied based on doing certain things in a certain order. That is a glitch.

Does it make Madigan a bad paladin? Absolutely.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 01:43 PM CST
<<Does it make Madigan a bad paladin? Absolutely.

Heh. I just wish I had started doing it 10 years ago.

Madigan
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 04:18 PM CST
<<Soul hits are unevenly applied based on doing certain things in a certain order.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's fixed in DR 3.0. The current dev team doesn't miss much.

Mistrust is our only defense against betrayal.
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 04:53 PM CST
We are like Sauron only prettier.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/20/2011 05:00 PM CST
So if we break the ring, will the evil be removed?

Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/29/2011 02:52 AM CST
Think like an empath as far as stealth goes

For hiding: get a room full of creatures hide and circle hide and circle that will lock hiding with no soul hits and reset the hiding timer.

For stalking: Just use the hunt verb with a few stalks on creatures every now and then.
Re: Paladins and Stealth 01/29/2011 09:18 AM CST
<<For hiding: get a room full of creatures hide and circle hide and circle that will lock hiding with no soul hits and reset the hiding timer.

Hiding -at all- is probably the nerf thats coming, enforced via soul hits.

I suppose there is a chance that the Oane event may adjust the IC Paladin Code a bit, but my opinion is that its unlikely to favor stealth/stealing.

Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page