LT + HX 10/09/2010 09:34 PM CDT
Anyone use this combination of weapons? It seems like throwing LT with offhand while aiming with HX and wearing arm worn shield is solid combination. I have gone HX, Halberd, 2HB but now I am wondering if I should backtrain LT and use it as well.
Re: LT + HX 10/10/2010 10:14 AM CDT
Very solid approach. Any training while you are aiming with a XB works out, but the unbalancing effect of throwing blades seems to be the best combination.

Understand, the new system going into place may change that approach.

Madigan
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 12:14 PM CDT
This is just my guess work- being able to use your left hand while aiming a HX is not really intended- HX is strictly two handed. It would not shock me at some point if being able to continue to aim, while throwing with your left hand might get "fixed".

If LT/Cross is what you want, LX might be a more prudent choice.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 12:33 PM CDT
>>HX is strictly two handed

How do you figure

-Landros
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 12:34 PM CDT
As long as your left hand is empty when the "you are fully aimed" thing appears, it should work fine.

Otherwise the aim will be cancelled.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 01:53 PM CDT
I'm just trying to make sure because I've been back training HX for a couple years so if all of the sudden you can't use it with an arm worn shield i'm going to have a brain aneurysm

-Landros
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 02:57 PM CDT
>>I'm just trying to make sure because I've been back training HX for a couple years so if all of the sudden you can't use it with an arm worn shield i'm going to have a brain aneurysm

If/when skill combining becomes a reality, I can't imagine them not combining HX and LX. So even if they made it impossible somehow, with heavy-type crossbows in new combat, you could still switch to using lighter crossbows as though you'd been training those the entire time anyway.

Just my take.

Ogdaro
"Take chances and see what you can get away with, it only costs you a favor or two if you mess up." -Issus
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 05:49 PM CDT
I will just say that even though my ranks aren't super high this combo of HX + offhand LT has been absolutely awesome. HX is hell to train because I always feel like I am just sitting there doing nothing but aiming and waiting for load RT. Now when I am aim I can get 3-4 offhand throws in and I am training 3 weapons at once! I can see this combo being real sweet for PVP as well and plan on sticking to it. If things change later then oh well, I can have fun right now though and not worry about later.
Re: LT + HX 10/13/2010 11:08 PM CDT
Back when we were informed that two-handed weapons will be taking an offensive hit from arm worn shields, I recall HX being one of the weapons mentioned.

I'm not sure with new combat if the idea for offensive hindering to two-handed weapon classes while wearing a arm worn shield is still on the table or not.

>ask rangu about hair
Rangu scratches his bald head and says, "I don't have any idea what you are asking me about."
>
Re: LT + HX 10/14/2010 11:11 AM CDT
>This is just my guess work- being able to use your left hand while aiming a HX is not really intended- HX is strictly two handed. It would not shock me at some point if being able to continue to aim, while throwing with your left hand might get "fixed".

Along the same lines, I wouldn't be shocked if they fixed it so that you can't actually attack while you're aiming, since that's pretty ridiculous.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: LT + HX 10/18/2010 03:00 PM CDT
My claim that HX is strictly two handed was abit overreaching- but look at Arbalests and Heavy Crosses. You can load and fire an Arbalets with a hand held shield, you can't with HX.

But- as someone else pointed out- LX and HX will likely be merged, so ignore what I said- regardless you should be able to use LX even if someone changes the HX thing.

Clerics are just so cuddly you can't get mad at them, until they try to rip your soul out and chew on it like a candy bar.
Re: LT + HX 10/22/2010 03:42 AM CDT
With an 18 second load RT, I don't really consider arbalests to be viable weapons.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.