Prev_page Previous 1
Help with my Quests 09/23/2010 02:50 PM CDT
I am literally pulling my hair out over this quest. If anyone around Aesry would mind popping into the Necropolis Mausoleum to lend a hand, I'd appreciate it.

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

<<Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice.>>
Re: Help with my Quests 09/23/2010 08:06 PM CDT
http://www.drsecrets.com/secrets/wiki/Paladin_Quests#tab=Sacred_Insight

Excellent walk-through, failing that, there might be a paladin or two on Qi that can assist if you ask around.

Samsaren Remlane
I will defend to your death, your right, to my opinion.
Re: Help with my Quests 09/23/2010 08:39 PM CDT
Its a good walk through but there are several glaring errors with it, that caused my quest to take alot longer than it should.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/23/2010 08:40 PM CDT
Just one question I have all my glyphs and quests, yet I still seem unable to go for my Holy Weapon. What's the deal... I'm 50th circle, so I don't understand the problem.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/23/2010 09:27 PM CDT
Did you go to Hib to ask Darius for it? That's who you have to get it from.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Help with my Quests 09/23/2010 10:42 PM CDT
>>PTAH: Its a good walk through but there are several glaring errors with it, that caused my quest to take alot longer than it should.

What are the "glaring errors" in the Sacred Insight quest walkthrough?

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 05:09 AM CDT
>What are the "glaring errors" in the Sacred Insight quest walkthrough?

Yes, please. If there are problems, fix it. The wiki is only as good as the effort people put into it.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 09:13 AM CDT
<<Did you go to Hib to ask Darius for it? That's who you have to get it from.>>

I wouldn't mind taking the trip, but don't other guild leaders at least tell you that "Sir Darius might have something more to tell you about that." So far all I've gotten from Cleworth and Snow is, "You are not currently questing..." etc.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 09:43 AM CDT
I'm so angry! My Nintendo Power wasn't detailed enough! I'm going to write them a letter.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 09:48 AM CDT
Isn't the point of DRSecrets.com that the forum boards (and the Elanthipedia wiki?) generally discourage giving detailed walkthroughs like this?

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 01:02 PM CDT
<<Alright you smart aleck, it matters when it gives the wrong information and your lost for hours as a result.>>

If you think this was bad, wait until you start the holy weapon quest. Compared to that, this was a breeze.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 01:04 PM CDT
Hrm, you might want a few stiff drinks before you try Holy Weapon, its a far far far far more obtuse quest then Sacred Insight. In fact, Sacred Insight was rather well written and only made me pull about a third of my beard out prior to tripping on a few other paladins who helped me muddle through. The joys of trying quests the first day its out during lunch at work eh?

Samsaren Remlane
I will defend to your death, your right, to my opinion.
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 01:20 PM CDT
By the way anyone know if the other guild leaders should be telling you that Darius has a task for you, before you start the HW quest? I have all the pre-requisites and I'm the right level, but Cleworth and Snow keep telling me I'm not currently on a quest and to be patient. Should I just go take a trip and see what Darius says? I would hate to take that long journey only to have to come back empty handed.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 01:21 PM CDT
ask about holy weapon, maybe? I think you need to get the quest from Verika.

and btw,
http://i.imgur.com/qXShv.jpg

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 01:22 PM CDT
>>Well the name of the web page, DR SECRETS, should be a hint.

My point was more that you probably shouldn't go into a detailed explanation of what parts of the walkthrough are wrong on this board if the other website exists because they don't want walkthroughs posted on this board.

It's possible that play.net board mindset changed, though.

>>it matters when it gives the wrong information and your lost for hours as a result.

:/

As someone who is grossly anti-syntax puzzle, it seems that the "wrong information" here had more to do with not wanting to even attempt to explore where you had to go or even attempt to try what had to be done for the quest.

Beyond that, it's a wiki. If the information isn't accurate, edit it. That's the point.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Help with my Quests ::Posts Removed:: 09/24/2010 02:44 PM CDT

Hey gang,

Some posts were removed, and a few more will likely go shortly.

We do not allow walk through discussion of in-game puzzles and quests on the DR forums.

Find your friends IG, in AIM or discuss DR-Secrets issues on the DR-Secrets boards, not on the Simutronics forums.

The same would go for any of the player run and managed websites. They all have either boards or email addresses where you can write to make corrections.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Help with my Quests 09/24/2010 07:39 PM CDT
<<As someone who is grossly anti-syntax puzzle, it seems that the "wrong information" here had more to do with not wanting to even attempt to explore where you had to go or even attempt to try what had to be done for the quest.>>

Let's not get testy and defensive here. The wrong information was what was posted on the webpage. I can prove it and I stand by it 100%. My failure to "even attempt to explore where (I) had to go or even attempt to try what had to be done" (Which btw is crap, because I did do that, the inaccurate info threw me off and caused me to think the quest was bugged) has nothing to do with the fact that the info was off.

All in all it's not a big deal, DR Secrets is still a good site.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/25/2010 11:57 AM CDT
There is a Charisma requirement to get Holy weapon. i recall it being 25... but im not certain how accurate my recollection of that is.

>ask rangu about hair
Rangu scratches his bald head and says, "I don't have any idea what you are asking me about."
>
Re: Help with my Quests 09/25/2010 01:33 PM CDT
Hmm, thanks, that might make some sense.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 02:43 PM CDT
Okay got my Charisma up to 25, still no dice. Any ideas on what I might be missing to trigger the HW quest?

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 03:13 PM CDT
Have you asked Darius yet?

Mistrust is our only defense against betrayal.
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 04:08 PM CDT
I'm not sure it's even worth trying until I can get a guild leader to mention making the trip to see him. On all the other quests, the other guild leaders would advise me to seek out the correct guild leader. Don't see why this would be any different.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 05:12 PM CDT
It might be worth your while, find another reason to visit the area as a backup plan, and make a small event of it... or just go down, and shake rattle and roll?
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 05:17 PM CDT
>>PTAH: I'm not sure it's even worth trying until I can get a guild leader to mention making the trip to see him.

I can't think of any reason that Darius wouldn't give you the quest. (I don't think I asked any other guildleaders first.)

In the six days since you first asked on Play.net, you could have been to Shard and back several times. :-)

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 05:22 PM CDT
Darius is curently in the Hib guild. If you havent been there its worth the trip anyways cause the guild and the area in general are just awesome. I recall you need to be over 50th circle and have over 25 charisma to be offered the quest. I also remember that not all the guildleaders are aware of Holy weapons, as not all Paladins are found worthy of them... at least in lore.

>ask rangu about hair
Rangu scratches his bald head and says, "I don't have any idea what you are asking me about."
>
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 05:46 PM CDT
Thanks for your help guys. But even after talking to Darius being at 51st and having 25 in charisma I'm still not being allowed to take it. I'm thinking of an assist at this point.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:00 PM CDT
>>PTAH: Thanks for your help guys. But even after talking to Darius being at 51st and having 25 in charisma I'm still not being allowed to take it. I'm thinking of an assist at this point.

Is your soul state pristine? Have you gotten all of the other glyphs (Warding, Bonding, Light, Mana, and Ease)? If so, I'm out of ideas.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:14 PM CDT
Is your soul state pristine? Have you gotten all of the other glyphs (Warding, Bonding, Light, Mana, and Ease)? If so, I'm out of ideas.

Name: Avenger Aspasia DarkBrook, Holy Warrior of Elanthia Race: Elf Guild: Paladin

Strength : xx Reflex : xx
Agility : xx Charisma : 25
Discipline : xx Wisdom : 29
Intelligence : 27 Stamina : xx

>glyph

You have attained...
the Glyph of Warding
the Glyph of Bonding
the Glyph of Light
the Glyph of Mana
the Glyph of Ease

>rub my souls

You rub the soulstone...

It gleams brightly with a pristine luminescence!

I'm at a lost at this point.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:29 PM CDT
What did you ask Darius and what was his response?

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:33 PM CDT
You asked about "holy weapon"?

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:45 PM CDT
I would just like to reiterate how much I hate syntax issues...

>ask darius about holy weapon quest

Sir Darius stares at you a moment and then says, "You are not currently questing. When the time comes for you to quest, it will be handed to you. Until then you should be patient."

>ask darius about quests

Sir Darius stares at you a moment and then says, "You are not currently questing. When the time comes for you to quest, it will be handed to you. Until then you should be patient."

>ask darius about holy weapon

Darius exclaims, "Congratulations Aspasia, on your level of success! I do know of what you seek, but there are things in life one must understand before this ability is granted. Lyle will teach you a valuable lesson, and should you learn it appropriately you may continue on.

>curse
You mumble something unprintable.

>roll eye
You roll your eyes.

>fall
You fall over. Oof!

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:46 PM CDT
::cheers!:: You're on your way now!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 06:50 PM CDT
Good luck on your Quest!

when you succeed, do choose very wisely what weapon you imbue... It's a long hard road to change it.

I suggest choosing a weapon that can SWAP. You will get more use out of it that way.

Holy weapon works with SWAPpable wepaons.
Holy weapons and straps don't play nice together.
You will need to have the weapon altered before you make it holy. They cannot(will not) alter it afterwards.

>ask rangu about hair
>
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 07:07 PM CDT
I told you that last week. Holy weapon, not holy weapon quest. Come on now, payeth attention.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 08:04 PM CDT
>>KARKWUSS2: when you succeed, do choose very wisely what weapon you imbue...

Along those lines, you might not want to use your primary hunting weapon. Currently, if you allow the weapon to run out of charges, it has to be recharged twice before you can use it again. It takes five minutes to recharge the weapon, and there is a one-hour timer between rechargings. If you make the mistake of using the weapon between those two rechargings, you have to start over.

I wouldn't recommend using a thrown weapon due to the risk that you might lose your weapon (unless you plan to cast Bond Weapon every time). I don't think there is a way to replace a lost holy weapon.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/29/2010 08:17 PM CDT
Don't use a ranged weapon either.

-Landros
Re: Help with my Quests 09/30/2010 02:06 AM CDT
<<Along those lines, you might not want to use your primary hunting weapon. Currently, if you allow the weapon to run out of charges, it has to be recharged twice before you can use it again. It takes five minutes to recharge the weapon, and there is a one-hour timer between rechargings. If you make the mistake of using the weapon between those two rechargings, you have to start over.>>

Hmm, I'm assuming from the posts that HW's require recharging. Which, to be honest, I hadn't really thought about.

Let me see if I'm getting this straight. If I make my primary sword my HW, then I run the risk of using up all the charges by whacking away at critters with abandon; thus making it a normal blade until I recharge it? A process that will require two rechargings, since I ran the sucker dry? And each re-charging takes 5 minutes?

Which doesn't sound too bad, unless I'm constantly fighting a sea of undead.

or

Are you saying my HW becomes completely un-wield-able, when the charges run out, until it's recharged?

Which sounds REALLY bad. I mean this would really stink if you can't use your favorite weapon, even as a normal blade, because it ran out of charges.

Re: Help with my Quests 09/30/2010 02:16 AM CDT
It works perfectly fine as a regular weapon once it's out of charges. If you drain it dry, you just have to not use it for 1 hour so you can get the two charges in. Or, just try to hunt around the (dear GM's please release more) three recharge areas and don't let it drain all the way in the first place. This option is the best but, it can be awkward / impossible / not practical to limit yourself to just these areas.

That said, I made my primary weapon my holy weapon, and don't have a problem. I try to charge it every time I pass through Crossing or Shard if I have five minutes and it's getting even a little low. It does spend a lot of time drained if I'm hunting around Theren, but it's not a big deal, still a perfectly functioning bastard sword even when drained.

I HAVE thought about buying a second bastard sword though, that way it's always ready when I encounter undead or something, but it's not been enough of an issue yet to do that.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Help with my Quests 09/30/2010 04:17 AM CDT
The correct syntax was on elanthipedia. :P

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi, Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares
Re: Help with my Quests 09/30/2010 12:23 PM CDT
>>Lyle will teach you a valuable lesson, and should you learn it appropriately you may continue on.

Just be glad Lyle is easy to find now. when I did my quest he wasn't in the place he was supposed to be.
Prev_page Previous 1