An easy one. 07/31/2010 01:26 PM CDT
I used to know this, and I can't find the answer in Elanthidepdia...

What is the ideal ratio of discipline, wisdom, and intellegience?

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

<<Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice.>>
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 01:39 PM CDT
>>What is the ideal ratio of discipline, wisdom, and intellegience?

None. More of everything is the best.

Crusader Taghz

DFA = DISC + AGIL + TM > Evasion + Reflex

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 01:39 PM CDT
Disc doesn't count anymore.

Int and Wis still do, but plenty of people love to argue if they should be equal, five points above/below each other/etc etc etc. There isn't a magic bullet, though. Just train what you train.

http://elanthipedia.com/wiki/Experience#Stats_and_Learning
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 02:00 PM CDT
I keep int wis and disc even... even though disc doesn't factor in, it factors into enough other stuff to make it worthwhile.

Mistrust is our only defense against betrayal.
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 02:26 PM CDT
I really thought when the changes rolled in a GM posted that it was "best" to keep them relatively equal, accounting for racial bonuses/penalties if you're looking at a value for your TDP thing.. Maybe I'm misremembering and mentally combining different posts about unrelated things though.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 02:55 PM CDT
>>I really thought when the changes rolled in a GM posted that it was "best" to keep them relatively equal, accounting for racial bonuses/penalties if you're looking at a value for your TDP thing.. Maybe I'm misremembering and mentally combining different posts about unrelated things though.

I believe it was this plus the notion that, all else the same, if your Intelligence and Wisdom are equal, raising Intelligence one point will do more than raising Wisdom one point.
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 03:35 PM CDT
Most times, I play to my race's strengths and the guild requirements. For instance, my gnome trader has high mentals, agility, and reflex, and relatively low strength and stamina. Meanwhile, most of my other characters have stats that are roughly equal so they can handle the guild challenges more easily- and on an OOC level, so any changes that come down the pike won't knock them for a loop. However, the paladins tend to be a little heavy on the strength and stamina so they can carry their armor more easily.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 04:35 PM CDT
Intel and Wisdom are the only ones that count now.

Intel is the size of the pool, Disc is how fast it drains.

IMO, if you're the type that logs on for small spurts, make your intel a little higher so that you can fill your temp exp pools more and take more of an advantage of offline exp.

If you're on constantly, keep your wisdom a bit higher so that you'll absorb the exp faster, since you'll basically have your pools filled all the time anyway.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 05:58 PM CDT
>>Intel is the size of the pool, Disc is how fast it drains.

For clarification to readers, he meant to say Wisdom instead of Discipline (which he corrected later in the post).
Re: An easy one. 07/31/2010 09:21 PM CDT
Yeah, sorry about that, not paying attention.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: An easy one. 08/01/2010 09:33 PM CDT
Uh one more silly question.

A long time ago I used to be able to change how Aspasia smelled (Feint scent of metal polish) can't figure out how to do it anymore, and I can't find any info in Elanthipedia about it.

Anyone mind sharing the secret?

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

<<Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice.>>
Re: An easy one. 08/01/2010 09:37 PM CDT
Smell help should get ya started :)

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: An easy one. 08/01/2010 10:38 PM CDT
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Smell_command

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!