Hunting? 07/08/2010 08:39 PM CDT
What's to hunt around Theren, and at what levels are they safe to hunt? I think I was hunting Leuc's before... it's been awhile.

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi
Re: Hunting? 07/08/2010 09:17 PM CDT
There are three kinds of leucroes. You're probably refering to the black ones. If so, you should be able to take the Lang peccs- But watch the swamp trolls, and don't stick around if a fendryad shows up.

Good luck!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hunting? 07/08/2010 10:26 PM CDT
The "old progression" was small peccs to bristles. I think I would try the clay soldiers and/or deer in the new rakash area (just west of lang).

Madigan
Re: Hunting? 07/08/2010 10:31 PM CDT
The deer are great for learning defenses, but they have low defenses themselves and slow on weapon teaching long before they slow on defense teaching. There are 3 tiers of deer. The young, regular, and elder. Elders cap out around 300, but get fairly slow sooner than that.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Hunting? 07/08/2010 10:36 PM CDT
I would have loved those deer in the 200-300 rank range (at least on the defensive side). I think the clay soldiers fill the offensive gap?

Madigan
Re: Hunting? 07/09/2010 12:29 AM CDT
Clay mages I started hunting with 150 shield and roughly 140 brawling. Once I got enough brawling to get through soldiers' parry I stuck there til around 230 brawling. They still taught me, but I was learning brawling only since I was dodging everything and brawling was moving slow. They have a special attack where they thrown a clay 'grenade' and you get hit by shrapnel. Their limbs also shatter like the grenades when they're severed. If you can handle 4 of the middle tier then you can handle 4 soldiers. The mages cast stone strike and thunder clap, but don't use weapons. They'll advance you once they run out of mana.
The clay archers no one really hunts because their special attack knocks you on your back and its pretty annoying when they are 4 of them doing it.

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Hunting? 07/09/2010 08:00 AM CDT
Bristles suck, go to Gryphons. They're amazing. My WM is still learning TM there with 511 ranks.
Re: Hunting? 07/09/2010 08:33 AM CDT
<<Clay mages I started hunting with 150 shield and roughly 140 brawling.>>

Crap forgot about brawling, now I have to figure that out too! What's the combo for HE brawling? Dodge, slice, chop, bash... ? I have a feeling I'll have to swap out my HP to train this up.

Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

Peace is not the absence of war, it is the presence of justice.
Re: Hunting? 07/09/2010 08:51 AM CDT
Elanthipedia.com has a wealth of information. My suggestion is to check out all your questions there, most if not all will be answered.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Hunting? 07/09/2010 11:38 AM CDT
For HE brawling, I use circle instead of parry. If it's a critter that I'm able to take on with brawling, after I finish my HE combo I will use elbow/kick/punch/slam/circle/bob/weave. Granted, this is with a slicing weapon.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Hunting? 07/09/2010 11:46 AM CDT
I don't change my combo at all with a weapon in hand.

parry, jab, kick, elbow, punch (left)

Kick and elbow are your moneymakers anyway, and they can be used regardless of what kind of weapon you're wielding. I've been able to sweep and kick for close to twenty minutes at a stretch in brocket deer because those things stun easily.