where next? 08/10/2009 03:48 PM CDT
currently hanging out with pecs and trolls in lang, but i'm thinking of a new place to go to, but haven't quite figured out where.

1. I want to bring my horse with me, so I'm going to need a stable near by, and actually be able to go with my horse into the area.

2. I've hunted the black leucros near crossing, but i can't get my horse into the maze area.

3. while i still learn from pecs and trolls, the trolls kill me every now and then and it's quite annoying.

shield = 216
HP = 207
parry = 187
MO = 179
2he = 178
eva = 169
Re: where next? 08/10/2009 05:06 PM CDT
I would say tough it out with the peccs/trolls and avoid the ones with shields (out in fends)

Have been here since I left hatchlings and am similar to your skills; have yet to be killed and now pretty much take no damage no matter how many are on me. So you have to be close to being pretty safe here. (less your reflex is way different than mine)

If you really don't want to do that, I would maybe consider 3rd tier snow goblins on Aesry or perhaps hatchlings in ratha? Think 3rd tier caps higher than hatchlings, but I know for sure hatchlings can take you to the swamps in Lang which can take you to fledling/baby gryphons.

If your perception is good I have had good success in Orc scouts/warcats. Scouts use sling so pfff, right? Starting at around 150 perception the cats quit bothering me much.

Whats your reflex/strength/discipline at? (I am at 30)

So you know, I can play in gryphons pretty safetly in the first area and peccs are no danger.

shield:260
hp 230
lp 208
parry 190
mo 200
evasion 175
2he 206
ht 153

~Maryhana
Re: where next? 08/10/2009 08:22 PM CDT
Strength : 30 Reflex : 30
Agility : 25 Charisma : 25
Discipline : 25 Wisdom : 20
Intelligence : 25 Stamina : 30

Concentration : 142 Max : 142

Showing all skills at or above rank 100.
Shield Usage 216 63
Heavy Plate 207 70
Parry Ability 188 23
Multi Opponent 180 15
Twohanded Edged 178 13
Evasion 169 33
Vocals 159 49
Scholarship 152 65
Power Perceive 149 42
Heavy Edged 146 85
Harness Ability 141 14
Primary Magic 140 41
Targeted Magic 133 97
Appraisal 132 54
Skinning 129 96
Teaching 123 76
Medium Edged 109 26
First Aid 107 86
Medium Blunt 103 85
Perception 100 31
Re: where next? 08/10/2009 09:22 PM CDT
Have you given the undead outside Leth a try? That's where I'm at currently, I'm not logged in so can't give skills, but I know I'm higher than you, but I started out there around your level. If they're just a bit too hard then oafs outside north arch Crossing.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: where next? 08/10/2009 09:51 PM CDT
I can take the shamblers out alright, it's the warriors that give me trouble.

One on one i can take them, takes a little while, but I get them down. but they tend to swarm a lot
Re: where next? 08/10/2009 09:58 PM CDT
Those are the ones with tower shields, right? Snap a few min prep shatters at them, and they get a whole lot easier.
Re: where next? 08/11/2009 08:06 AM CDT
The undead outside of Leth are very like those north of Shard. And yes, you should be able to handle them. The bone warriors are slice resistant, but you can kill them. The horrors go down much more easily before the blade.

Ask a cleric to bless you and cast PFE on you: That will help with some of the special attacks.

Have fun!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: where next? 08/11/2009 09:45 AM CDT
Halt the trolls, either kill them or target thier arms to remove thier weapons/armors. Shatter works too, I'd rather get the exp in my weapons skill. I went from small peccs/troll/fends to orc bandits/warcats. You could hunt the orc scouts in Rossmans probaly. Halt is your friend:)

Vindicator Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: where next? 08/11/2009 10:44 AM CDT
it's weird, but when I'm fighting, i don't ever buff myself up or anything, I let my raw skills do the killing. Just got HOW, but still deciding how to incorporate it into my battles. I use righteous wrath when i brawl, which is sitting at 83 ranks atm. Before i had shatter, i used bolt almost exclusively, which gave me my 130 ranks. haha.

In the chapter entitled "Inspiration," you have notes on the Courage, Righteous Wrath [rw], Sentinel's Resolve [sr], Banner of Truce [bot], and Rutilor's Edge [rue] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Justice," you have notes on the Halt, Smite Foe [sf], Shatter, Divine Armor [da], Holy Warrior [how], and Smite Horde [smh] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Analogous Patterns," you have notes on the Energy Bolt [bolt] and Ease Burden [ease] spells.
Re: where next? 08/11/2009 10:53 AM CDT
<<it's weird, but when I'm fighting, i don't ever buff myself up or anything, I let my raw skills do the killing.

Is there a particular reason you do not buff up? Is it an RP thing? I tend to buff up whether I need it or not for magic training and a safety net just in case.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: where next? 08/11/2009 11:37 AM CDT
Buff up as often as possible for whats needed. RW for weapons SR if you have trouble dancing with four, etc. DA, Courage, HeS and RuE are what I always use.

Vindicator Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: where next? 08/11/2009 12:34 PM CDT
I don't do a lot of buffing because by the time I get to the last buff, the first one is about to run out. I'm working on incorporating some action triggers in my combat script to rebuff whenever they fall (which will probably result in my combat script spending 75% of my in-combat time casting spells, but, you know, whatever).
Re: where next? 08/13/2009 11:11 AM CDT
yeah, the duration of my buffs is the main thing why i don't use buff for combat.

my magics are actually fairly high because all I ever used while in combat was bolt, but since I got shatter, that's pretty much exclusively what I use now as far as magics. I was thinking of switching back but haven't yet.

I used to use rw when i brawled, but since that has caught up to where I can now hit without, I've stopped.

I guess i'll stick it out in pecs/trolls/barghests for now depending on who I'm hunting with.

thanks guys.
Re: where next? 08/13/2009 01:07 PM CDT
How much primary magic would you guys say I need to be able to put most buffs up for max duration? Anyone feel like putting estimates of those numbers elanthipedia?
Re: where next? 08/13/2009 01:09 PM CDT
Spells start capping out beginning (in my experience) at around 200-250 ranks of PM, the first one for me being courage.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: where next? 08/13/2009 02:12 PM CDT
Woohoo. That means that if my current exp pulse doesn't drop, it will take me only ~1000 game hours to cap out courage. Ugh, Some things about looking forward in DR make me a sad panda.
Re: where next? 08/13/2009 02:45 PM CDT
<<~1000 game hours
Or 125 8-Hour Days
Or 250 4-Hour Days
To me it sounds better to think of it in this fashion. :)

-Stayn
Re: where next? 08/13/2009 02:47 PM CDT
Heh, that doesnt sound any better imo.
Re: where next? 08/14/2009 01:25 AM CDT
at mid 300s with balanced style stat training you will have the stats and skill to cap most spells mana-wise.

Some spells heavily rely upon your stats in calculating the benefit they grant you, so some spells will continue to grow in effective strength even if you have already reached the point where you can cast them with max mana.
Re: where next? 08/14/2009 02:41 AM CDT
I seem to recall being able to max cast a courage when I was around 40th or so circle.. maybe 120-150ish in PM. Others take more time.. like da.. I think I had near 250ish for that. Just keep trying and use what you can when you can use it. My magics suck in comparison to most Paladins I think, so don't worry overmuch.
Re: where next? 08/14/2009 02:46 AM CDT
Yeah courage capped for me at about 150. Got 210 now and can not cap anything else. Not even sure if I'm close. Anyone know of a list of max preps and max duration/benefits?

~Maryhana
Re: where next? 08/14/2009 03:07 AM CDT
Halt: Min Prep: 8 Max Prep: 70
Bond Weapon (bw): Min Prep: 6 Max Prep: 70
Divine Armor (da): Min Prep: 10 Max Prep: 60 (24 minutes max)
Clarity: Min Prep: 10 Max Prep: 80
Shatter: Min Prep: 6 Max Prep: 60
Holy Warrior (how): Min Prep: 12 Max Prep: 62 (21 minutes max)
Smite Foe (sf): Min Prep: 10 Max Prep: 55
Tipping the Scales (tip): Min Prep: 7 Max Prep: ??
Smite Horde (sh): Min Prep: 15 Max Prep: ??
Alamhif's Gift: Min Prep: 6 Max Prep: ??
Courage: Min Prep: 5 Max Prep: 60 (22 minutes max)
Anti Stun (as): Min Prep: 6 Max Prep: 60 (27 minutes max)
Righteous Wrath (rw): Min Prep: 10 Max Prep: 60 (15 minutes max)
Divine Guidance (dig): Min Prep: 6 Max Prep: ??
Heroic Strength (hes): Min Prep: 6 Max Prep:??
Sentinel's Resolve (sr): Min Prep: 6 Max Prep: 60 (19 minutes max)
Trothfang's Rally (tr) Min Prep: 8 Max Prep: 60
Banner of Truce (bot): Min Prep: 10 Max Prep: 100 (can cast repeatedly to a little over an hour duration (iirc))
Marshal Order (mo): Min Prep: 14 Max Prep: 60
Soldier's Prayer (sp): Min Prep: 9 Max Prep: ??
Rutilor's Edge (rue): Min Prep : 6 Max Prep: ??

The only durations I know for max casts (and checked them for this post) are next to them
Re: where next? 08/14/2009 03:19 AM CDT
Thanks! Very good to know; long way to go yeesh

~Maryhana