Brawling and soul state 08/07/2009 04:07 PM CDT
Hi. Got a question. I've been told while our soul was pristine, when we brawl, our attacks work like blessed. I'm pristine, I would think at the higher end, and am fighting undead. I've gotten no messaging to suggest my attacks are working like bless, is that right? Is there any way to tell if it's pristine enough?

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/07/2009 04:42 PM CDT
If your hitting noncorporeal undead with your brawling moves, that means its blessed, otherwise you wouldnt be able to hit them at all. Corporeal undead(zombies, ghouls, skeleton, etc) can be brawled at any time by anyone due to having substance. Other than that, pristine is all the indication you get for high end soulstate.
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/07/2009 07:52 PM CDT
If you are at the top of the top of pristine, your brawling strikes will flash with a bright light or somesuch. If you are any less (though still pristine) there will be no flash. There is no way to tell where in the range of pristine you are though.
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/07/2009 11:47 PM CDT
>If you are any less (though still pristine) there will be no flash.

Which is insanely frustrating. I had planned to be Brawling primary, but when I was completely unable to get this to work, I gave up and picked up 2HE. Now with the shield hinderance changes, I'll likely switch to something else, again. Luck I'm still young.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/08/2009 12:02 AM CDT
>Which is insanely frustrating. I had planned to be Brawling primary, but when I was completely unable to get this to work, I gave up and picked up 2HE. Now with the shield hinderance changes, I'll likely switch to something else, again. Luck I'm still young.

It's really not hard to stay in the blessed brawling range of pristine. I never really do anything to try to boost soul, unless I've just tanked my soul from some form of conflict, and I always have blessed fists, unless, again, I've just tanked my soul. It could be that there is a minimum size soul pool, in addition to just being top pristine, to get the effect, which would explain having trouble getting it while lower circle. Try raising circle and training charisma a bit, and see if that does it?

Tangent: Also, everyone is acting like the shield/two handed penalty will be the end of the world for 2he users... The penalty can be trained down, paladins can train it the lowest... I personally think that it will not be nearly as big a deal as everyone is acting like.
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/08/2009 03:06 AM CDT
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you claw your fingers at a mutilated transmogrified oaf. A mutilated transmogrified oaf barely fails to block with a morning star. >>The fingers flashes with a brilliant white light<< and lands an extremely heavy hit (17/30) that savages the oaf's belly with a brutal slash.
A mutilated transmogrified oaf collapses to the ground, letting out a final groan before ceasing all movement.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I was just not at a high enough pristine, prayed on the badge a couple times, tithe, tended, and I was good ta go :)

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/08/2009 03:47 AM CDT
At 30th, I'm still Brawling primary...

---
"Close your eyes -
For your eyes will only tell the truth..
And the truth isn't what you want to see.
In the dark, it is easy to pretend
That the truth is what it ought to be." - Erik Claudin
Re: Brawling and soul state 08/08/2009 10:35 AM CDT
>Try raising circle and training charisma a bit, and see if that does it?

I'll do that, though it may be a while before I have any results. I'm focusing on another of my characters for a little while. I'm only 30ish ranks in a primary skill away from my goal (I hope).

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia