Holy Weapon Limitations 07/02/2009 01:44 PM CDT
My holy weapon was bugged and i learned a few things while waiting to get it fixed.

1) 6 weeks wasnt enough time for Maece to fix my holy weapon.

2) Per Nehros the holyfication of a weapon is a script added to the weapon. If the weapon has a script already then it would lose the original in exchange for the holy. Weapons with special verbs, that make wooshing noises and etc is because of a script. They lose that but if your OK with it then go nuts.

3) The actual reason my weapon didnt work but I'll leave that to Maece to explain.

4) While waiting I went to the holy weapon folder, found the oldest posts and started reading. It was mind numbing, time consuming, but educational. Definitely the better option than waiting on #3. Plus some of the oldest posts outline limitations on the types of weapons usable.

5) Maece knew deaders on the holy quest were getting dumped to shard. We actually talked about that bug but it was months later that another GM fixed. They seemed kinda surprised about it which i found very interesting.

Mine wasnt ranged but I've read several post about how its the bow and not the arrows that gets holy.

Thrown has been discussed but I dont remember anyone having tried that.

AKA Rumael