Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 02:37 PM CDT
I have been hunting scavenger gobs for a bit and they just seem to get me moving. Im looking for something that i can skin or has boxs, both would be great.

Shield Usage: 49 48% clear
Light Plate: 32 94% clear Heavy Plate: 43 42% clear
Parry Ability: 34 05% clear Multi Opponent: 37 04% clear
Light Edged: 30 35% clear Medium Edged: 30 32% clear
Heavy Edged: 30 92% clear Twohanded Edged: 32 10% clear

Strength : 20 Reflex : 12
Agility : 12 Charisma : 15
Discipline : 11 Wisdom : 12
Intelligence : 14 Stamina : 16

Here are my stats not sure what other info i need to post. I tried out grendals and it was going great until a wood troll showed up and slapped me around.

thanks
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 04:07 PM CDT
Grass eels should be good for you, and are skinnable. And if you want boxes, there are box-dropping critters nearby. You might even be able to get away with cougars and wood trolls thanks to your shield- but use caution.

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 06:36 PM CDT
im assuming eels are still in the same place they have been? And what near by drops boxes? i have about 27 ranks in both disarm and lock. And thanks for the info
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 06:42 PM CDT
Eels are in the riverbed down where brawling goblins used to be(wasps are there now, tougher than eels, less spawn too). The field(forager?) goblins are all north of this, at the mid-point between Tiger Clan and Crossing where the options are west, east, and north, head north. The path to the Clans seems to be only populated by hogs now, which is nice.
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 06:53 PM CDT
What SpecialSauces said. The goblins do drop boxes- Though the drop might seem slow. And yes, the eels are in the same place they always have been.

Alternately you could just go down to louts and use the harder disarm options- Though they won't teach your normal weapons.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 06:57 PM CDT
Sounds good, ill give the eels a shot, what would be a good place after i get some more weapons and armor ranks down? grendals and trolls?
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 06:57 PM CDT
With 40's or so in evasion, multi and shield, I'm pretty sure eels were hitting me pretty much constantly, at least with 6+ on me, but wearing HP, every hit was harmless. It was some pretty awesome training. Dunno how that will have changed with engagement cap at 4 now.
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 08:02 PM CDT
>>Sounds good, ill give the eels a shot, what would be a good place after i get some more weapons and armor ranks down? grendals and trolls?

Depending on your box skills, you could probably handle reavers. That's where I went after finishing up in eels for defenses/weapons.
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 10:28 PM CDT
If I were you I might give s'lai scouts a shot. They worked well for me until I was ready for sand sprites. There're too many variables to absolutely guarantee your success there, but it's at least worth a look. I am almost 100% sure they are skinnable (I don't skin, probably should remedy that someday).

Box rate isn't the best but it's still decent. With 27 in locks and disarm you may have some trouble though, no idea what the minimum is.

Another [possible] obstacle is you have to have halfway decent perception to find the path.

You never need an argument against the use of violence, you need an argument for it.
-Noam Chomsky
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/12/2009 10:36 PM CDT
I've always gone by this site on what to hunt. Won't guarantee it's the most accurate, but it's never steered me too wrong.

http://www.drsecrets.com/secrets/wiki/What_to_hunt

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/13/2009 07:48 AM CDT
how would Blood Dryads/Nyads be for my skills? never tried em and things have changed so much from the AOL days
Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/13/2009 08:12 AM CDT
The dryads and nyads are a shade harder than the goblins. They are also mixed with cougars, and the gen is unreliable- Or was the last time I was there.

Re: Wondering what to hunt 05/13/2009 11:28 PM CDT
>With 40's or so in evasion, multi and shield, I'm pretty sure eels were hitting me pretty much constantly, at least with 6+ on me, but wearing HP, every hit was harmless. It was some pretty awesome training. Dunno how that will have changed with engagement cap at 4 now.

I found it much easier to start in eels. With a cap of 4, you can quickly kill one and keep the total at around 3. 40s should be fine.