Holy Weapon Quest 05/02/2009 05:20 PM CDT
I finally decided to do the holy weapon quest and when I asked darius about quest I was told "You are not currently questing. When the time comes for you to quest, it will be handed to you. Until then you should be patient."

I was wondering if I need to circle some more to be eligible for the quest, since I thought anyone 50 and over could do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Divy
Re: Holy Weapon Quest 05/03/2009 04:22 PM CDT
I believe I asked about weapon to get it started.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest 05/03/2009 06:23 PM CDT
Thank you. It worked.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/05/2009 05:41 AM CDT
So, all is great in the world of the holy weapon. I have noticed that due to my stats, my sword does not maintain it's shine for all that long. Not a big deal there, i'll just keep increasing the pool.

My question is, I tend to be pretty good about catching it when it's down to faintly glowing, and IIRC, the last part of the quest said something about not letting it extinguish. So, is it just a fancy piece of metal when it runs out of juice? does it lose its holiness? What should I be concerned about.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/05/2009 10:32 AM CDT
<< My question is, I tend to be pretty good about catching it when it's down to faintly glowing, and IIRC, the last part of the quest said something about not letting it extinguish. So, is it just a fancy piece of metal when it runs out of juice? does it lose its holiness? What should I be concerned about. >>

When they first came out, if you let it run out of power it would be dead forever, I thought I recalled a change though where this is no longer the case. Hopefully someone with a firmer memory can confirm this though?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/06/2009 01:12 PM CDT
if you completely drain your holy weapon, it essentially becomes a "normal" weapon in regards to hitting things with it.

You can now recharge a holy weapon regardless of its current charge level... even if empty, however if the weapon is completely drained, the first renew glyph applies only 1 swing worth of holiness, requiring you to wait out the timer on praying to Chadatru so that you may trace a second renew upon your meekly charged weapon to refill all the charges.

If you make sure to charge your weapon before it reaches 0... it only takes 1 renew to charge it up.

So keep it charged and pray and trace anytime you get the opportunity to.

I don't know how Icons work in regards to completely drained weapons.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/19/2009 08:41 AM CDT
OK, one other question -

My HW works great, and was slicing away with silvery goodness. Then I raised my charisma a bit more, and now it roars to chadatru constantly. I assume this is a good thing, right? But what does it mean?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/19/2009 01:22 PM CDT
Mine roars too...

They say the powers of a Holy weapon are potentially vast... and grow with you as you gain in your guild.

I've seen beyond Roaring but havent achieved it yet.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/21/2009 12:15 PM CDT
Ok so I posted before about how I haven't played my paladin in years and just started to again. I forgot where on my holy weapon quest I was, and I've tried to go back through the steps to find where it was with no luck. I was told here that someone had a similar problem and had to email the paladin GM to figure it out but that the paladin GM is MIA right now. I tried assisting in game and was first in the queue, I kept my eye on it as it filled up and then was depleted as the other assists were handled and mine was ignored until the on duty staff wasn't on duty anymore. So now I'm at a loss as to where to go next. Any advice?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 05/21/2009 12:59 PM CDT
Same thing happened to me. Keep assisting. I probably went through 3-4 assists before I finally got back on track

-Landros
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/02/2009 08:56 AM CDT
Ive a noob question. What weapontype is the holy weapon? Is it HE, 2he, swappable? Or is it some sort of metaphor where the paladin becomes 'the holy weapon'? Just curious as to whether your forced into a weapon type for the weapon, or if your a blunt or pike or whatever user your covered.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/02/2009 09:08 AM CDT
You can use basically any type of weapon after the quest and make it your holy weapon. The feature doesn't work with ranged, although a ranged can be your holy weapon. In short, you get to pick some form of melee weapon. If some things were fixed, it would really be an awesome thing.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/02/2009 12:05 PM CDT
When you say doesn't work with ranged, is that all ranged? I know missile weapons don't work, since it's the ammo that hits and not the weapon, but what about thrown?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/02/2009 12:31 PM CDT
>>When you say doesn't work with ranged, is that all ranged? I know missile weapons don't work, since it's the ammo that hits and not the weapon, but what about thrown?

Technically Thrown ARE missle weapons. I think you mean ranged which require ammo vs ranged which do not (Bows etc vs LT/HT). As to if thrown work, I do not know.

-TG, TG, & GL, et al.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/02/2009 12:57 PM CDT
Thrown weapons can be made into holy weapons and work nicely. I recently traded in my original holy weapon and had a HE/HT axe from the God fest turned into my new one. Cast BW on it at the beginning of an invasion and you have a missle ranged undead destroyer that returns to your hand even if its lodged deep in the head of a zombie. And don't worry about losing your holy weapon in the invasion, because as long as you keep BW up on it, it will come back to you where ever you are. I was killed during the Lyras invasion of p5, and when I departed the weapon traveled from where my corpse was and appeared in my hand in the middle of the Hib morgue.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/02/2009 02:01 PM CDT
Yup, meant crossbow/bow for the ranged stuff.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/21/2009 09:47 PM CDT
Just finished the holy quest (I think) was able to trace the glyph on the sword in the proper location in shard. Was wondering if I should go through the process again asap to add charges to it. How long is the timer between prayers to chadatru for charges
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion)...hopefully my last 07/22/2009 08:59 AM CDT
I don't believe you can add charges, such as you can with standard weapon blessing, instead, you can look at the weapon to gauge its power (though i may be wrong, and will surely be corrected). As for timers, Grejuva just posted it was reduced from 3 hours to 1.