Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/28/2009 04:30 PM CDT
Hello!

So I am about 25% a rank from hitting 50th, and iirc, eligible for the holy weapon quest. I have my weapon all ready, altered to my liking and all; however, I've got some questions.

Basically, I've read that some recommend waiting on doing the holy quest. Is this out of difficulty, or some other reason? I understand (i think) there are some undead involved with the quest...do i need a blessed weapon first, or are they corporeal? Can others assist you on the quest (though I doubt for the whole quest)...
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/28/2009 05:00 PM CDT
>>Is this out of difficulty

Yes. If your combats at at-level for your circle, then they can be tricky when you get to the final part.

>>are they corporeal

Yes

>>Can others assist you on the quest

For the fighting part of the quest, I don't believe so.

-Landros
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/28/2009 05:00 PM CDT
Thanks Landros! Can you fail it? If so, how long do you need to wait to rerun?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/28/2009 05:30 PM CDT
That's a good question actually. I don't believe you can fail it, throughout the quest its just a series of 'do this's and there isn't any time limit, so if you die or get bored with it or whatever else, you can just pick it back up where you left off.

-Landros
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 04:22 AM CDT
Ok...So, doing bits and pieces of it currently, but I'm profoundly stuck very early on, which can never be good. I'll be vague in case this is too spoilery.

* Went to GL who told me to find NPC 1.
* Found NPC 1, with item x in hand, he took me to NPC 2.
* This is where I'm stuck, I can't figure out what to say to NPC 2, and have tried just about every relative keyword imaginable, including just about everything said by the GL and NPC 1.

Could someone help either on the boards, or via aim (menaratotemaka)

Thanks!
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 06:18 AM CDT
Not sure who NP2 is a referance to however poor old woman in Shard I remember her well glad the harvest bread helped her out.

A s'sugi malchata attempts to evade, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The shield lands an awesome strike that explodes the chest in a shower of blood and splintered ribs.
A s'sugi malchata crumbles to the ground.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 02:30 PM CDT
Quest complete! It was fun, but, I will say that the syntax on some things are a bit of a pain in the butt.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 04:21 PM CDT
>>but, I will say that the syntax on some things are a bit of a pain in the butt.

Was this the first paladin quest you did? :D

-Landros
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 05:43 PM CDT
Heh, no, but it's been a while since the others :)
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 07:51 PM CDT
So I stepped away from this quest for a little bit. Okay maybe for a long while. Is there any way to restart it or to gain a clue as to where I left off at?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 04/30/2009 07:52 PM CDT
I had to email Maece. Good Luck with that though.

~Silus
Smite first, ask questions later.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest(ion) 05/01/2009 11:57 AM CDT
>>Is there any way to restart it or to gain a clue as to where I left off at?

I did the same thing as you and according to the several assists I got, there is no way to restart the quest. The last GM I spoke to however was able to tell me where to continue the quest at.

-Landros