Should I be worried? 04/04/2009 03:12 PM CDT
Dear Sage and Wise Elders,

Should I be concerned that my evasion is ~75, with shield ~140, and HP/LP/MO/Parry 110-120? Basically, vines have worked all my defenses quite well, except for evasion. I probably should have had evasion a little higher before I started in vines and would have dodged more and gotten more experience that way. Would this kind of set up worry you what with the different calculations for evasion and other defenses? I've been backtraining evasion a bit as I bring some other weapons up, but would you spend much time at 30th circle bringing evasion up towards 100, or would you push towards 50th and a holy weapon without worrying too much just yet?

Cheers,
Player of Haark
Re: Should I be worried? 04/04/2009 03:44 PM CDT
I'm not a paladin-prime, and I haven't tried hunting the blood vines. But I have found the morahs to be poor evasion trainers due to their swarming tendencies- Though they're great for shield, armor, and parry (to a lesser extent). You may want to spend time with blood wolves or perhaps even silver leucroes to fix the evasion and parry.

Good luck!

Ryeka and the mind behind.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Should I be worried? 04/04/2009 04:02 PM CDT
Your evasion lagging behind your other defenses is not something to worry about. Keep training. As a paladin, your evasion will usually lag behind your other defenses. It's normal.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Should I be worried? 04/04/2009 10:31 PM CDT
Also, what's your armor hindrance at now? My evasion didn't move hardly at all, but as soon as my hindrance was worked off, it started mind locking like crazy. It's still WAY behind my shield, but is on par with most of my other combats (m.o., weapons, etc.)
Re: Should I be worried? 04/05/2009 04:37 PM CDT
I just got to unhindered (might have been swapping to the lighter half plate), but I'm just concerned that as I walk up the creature ladder, my evasion will be so far behind that it won't lock in the future. Sounds like even if evasion is far behind parry/shield/MO, it'll still get work?

Cheers,
Haark
Re: Should I be worried? 04/06/2009 11:46 AM CDT
As long as your evasion is always stanced to 100% while you are training, it should always stay locked, and you'll be fine.

-Landros
Re: Should I be worried? 04/06/2009 01:10 PM CDT
140 shield and 75 evasion is kind of a big gap just starting off. I'd probably try to get my evasion up a little bit more before continuing on regularly.

Landros' advice is good, though.

Vinjince
Re: Should I be worried? 04/06/2009 05:11 PM CDT
Your evasion will lag until you hit creatures that have a broader range of teaching. In short, my shield jumps in front of my main weapon/evasion until I am on the down-side of a creature (training-wise).

My goal is to always keep evasion up with my main weapon, and I milk hunting areas until that happens.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: Should I be worried? 04/08/2009 02:05 AM CDT
Holy Warrior solves most combat learning issues in my experiance.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.