Paladin TM 3.0 02/03/2013 08:54 PM CST
Thought I'd post some 3.0 TM spell crits. Please feel free to share your own.

Can't wait until we get that new TM spell Raesh promised. I assume it's a multi-hit single target spell.

You gesture.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
As you bow your head and chant, a brilliant disc of light coalesces before you. Spinning slowly at first, it gains momentum until blue-white sparks shoot off in a blinding display. You spread your arms wide in a final decisive gesture, and the coruscating light explodes, sending a barrage of razor-edged rays flying out in all directions!

A razor-edged ray lands a very heavy (9/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's neck!
A razor-edged ray lands an awesome (13/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's chest!

A razor-edged ray lands a heavy (8/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's abdomen!
A razor-edged ray lands a heavy (8/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's chest!
A razor-edged ray lands a heavy (8/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's neck!
A razor-edged ray lands a heavy (8/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's left leg!
A razor-edged ray lands a strong (7/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's back!
A zombie head-splitter falls belly-up and grunts its last grunt.

A razor-edged ray lands a heavy (8/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's back!
A razor-edged ray lands a very heavy (9/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's right eye!
A razor-edged ray lands a heavy (8/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's left eye!

A razor-edged ray lands a light (2/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's left eye!
A razor-edged ray lands a light (2/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's chest!
A razor-edged ray lands a glancing (1/23) strike against a zombie head-splitter's abdomen!
A razor-edged ray lands a light (2/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's head!
A razor-edged ray lands a light (2/23) hit against a zombie head-splitter's left leg!

Roundtime: 2 sec.

You gesture at a zombie head-splitter with your marauder blade, letting out a war cry to Chadatru!
A shower of white sparks flash along the edge of the blade, blinking out of sight near-instantly.
A multitude of swiftly inflicted lacerations reduce the zombie head-splitter's head into a diced wreck, as if assailed by the full force of several phantom claymores!

Roundtime: 1 sec.

You gesture at a zombie head-splitter with your throwing mallet.
A shower of white sparks flash on the surface of the mallet, blinking out of sight near-instantly.
A multitude of swiftly inflicted concussions reduce the zombie head-splitter's left eye into a pulped wreck, as if assailed by the full force of several phantom mattocks!

You gesture at a zombie head-splitter with your spear.
A shower of white sparks flash about the tip of the spear, blinking out of sight near-instantly.
A multitude of swiftly inflicted perforations reduce the zombie head-splitter's back into a riddled wreck, as if assailed by the full force of several phantom ballistae!

Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 01:59 AM CST
I adore SMH!

Wish I could cast it in Celpeze without being arrested (Ratha). I really hope we get a multi striker. Single strikers just seem inferior for training and for some strategic situations (low armor opponents, working through magic shields, etc). Last I knew our multi striker had something to do with our shields...
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 06:46 AM CST
Do you always get an extra carriage return when casting FST or SHM before the RT? I went looking for it to fix it, but I haven't been able to replicate it.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 08:25 AM CST
"Do you always get an extra carriage return when casting FST or SHM before the RT? I went looking for it to fix it, but I haven't been able to replicate it."

I've seen it sometime in the next combat move I make.

The bucket burbles suddenly as its contents begin to dissolve....

Suddenly it spits out some niniam field plate onto the floor.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 10:06 AM CST
I get it sometimes as well. It doesnt seem to be very consistent.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 10:22 AM CST
If you guys could take note of when it happens maybe we can find some commonalities.

Might be the wrong class to ask (What with only two TM spells and all) - but let me know if it shows up on other spells too, or maybe it's a core combat thing.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 11:06 AM CST
I will keep a combat log today. I train TM pretty intensely (as far as I can with my two spells) so should be lots of data. I will look over my past logs as well.

I feel the solution of course is to have three spells...cause..that will help my testing. nods
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 02:35 PM CST

That's what STRA is for ;)

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/04/2013 11:58 PM CST
>If you guys could take note of when it happens maybe we can find some commonalities.

It happens with every TM spell I cast. Just tried on my necromancer and ranger to confirm.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 09:33 AM CST
This may be a stupid question, but are you guys using genie, and/or using any spell subs or triggers?

Note: this is not a plug for Genie or Elanthipedia or Mars Bars.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 09:41 AM CST
There you go advertising again.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 09:44 AM CST
Its awesome, don't hate - embrace it.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 10:11 AM CST
>This may be a stupid question, but are you guys using genie, and/or using any spell subs or triggers?

Yes, all of the above.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 10:20 AM CST
>>There you go advertising again.

The counter-question he asked is directly relevant to possible solutions that might be given.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 10:26 AM CST
I was kidding, last week someone accused him of always advertising for Genie when he asked if someone had it because using the AutoMapper would have been helpful in their situation, or something.

It's what his sig is referencing.
Re: Paladin TM 3.0 02/05/2013 09:46 PM CST
Not trying to volunteer Isharon, but pretty sure she's a Paladin, and I know she uses Genie, because well I ask her a bit of questions when I'm not sure about specifics.

(I have Genie, sadly I've hardly run my Paladin since 3.0 release more trying to absorb understanding my Cleric and Empath).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.