Target Magic and you! 02/05/2011 01:56 PM CST
You gesture at a Dragon Priest assassin.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a Dragon Priest assassin!
Spiraling outward with a crackle, the cloud forms an erratic beam that slams into its left eye, puncturing and vaporizing it instantly while the head snaps back from the vicious force. Yellow arcs of energy and wafting haze continue to writhe around for several seconds, revealing an empty and melted socket when they finally subside.
The Dragon Priest assassin is knocked completely senseless!

"My goal in M3.0 is to give Paladins a contested spell that forces a target into melee and allows neither of you to retreat nor hide.

-Z"
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/05/2011 02:06 PM CST
Don't know who you are but congrats :)

I'm actually looking forward to my very own guild TM spell with Magic 3.0. I figure you will relish in that same enjoyment should the Paladin guild get their own TM spells with Magic 3.0.

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/05/2011 02:51 PM CST
Sick. wow.

Madigan
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/21/2011 02:46 PM CST
Back to more intensive TM training these days, had not noticed this STRA crit before:

Zagging like a drunken Gor'Tog in a Togball match, the cloud shifts with a crackle to a pointed oval shape, slamming into the side of its neck and removing half the throat, ribbons of flesh and bone exploding outwards as electrical discharge burns and cauterizes parts of the wound.
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/21/2011 02:49 PM CST
LOL...love that one. I've seen a few recently that I haven't noticed before. I'll have to pay attention. I know one of them involved jaws biting in to the critters leg.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/24/2011 08:48 AM CST
Found that one! And had one today I hadn't seen before as well.

You gesture at a silver-tipped mature forest gryphon.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a silver-tipped mature forest gryphon!
Fierce crackles roaring out like an angered beast, the cloud metamorphoses into vicious jaws which latch onto its left hind leg, fangs piercing straight through to ruin the limb while its electric makeup melts away the rest of the flesh and bone.
Roundtime: 1 second.

You gesture at a ruby-crested adult forest gryphon.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a ruby-crested adult forest gryphon!
Whirling around at rapid speed like a caravan wheel kicked off by a particularly petulant yak, the cloud rolls across its right hind leg, leaving gouged out holes and melted flesh in its wake.

Whoever wrote this spell had some fun. I like it a lot.

~Katt

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/24/2011 09:58 AM CST
>Fierce crackles roaring out like an angered beast, the cloud metamorphoses into vicious jaws which latch onto its left hind leg, fangs piercing straight through to ruin the limb while its electric makeup melts away the rest of the flesh and bone.

I was really hoping that one was Ranger-only. That crit is pretty much the reason I use the spell over DEVI.

I've never seen the caravan wheel one though. Cool!

-pete
Re: Target Magic and you! 02/24/2011 10:21 AM CST
Zigging and zagging erratically like a thief trying to evade the guards, the cloud abruptly turns towards a sabre-toothed warcat. Soaring out with exceptional speed, it slides across its chest, gaping holes left behind anywhere it connects as yellow haze and the stench of burnt flesh waft out.
Re: Target Magic and you! 04/28/2011 08:24 AM CDT
I hadn't seen this particular one before:

You gesture at a black ape.
Your nestled armband emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a black ape!
The cloud spins wildly and bounces along the ground before shifting into the shape of a hunter's trap, leaping up to bite into its left hand, leaving behind serious wounds before the cloud fades.
The black ape is lightly stunned!

~Katt

Re: Target Magic and you! 05/24/2011 08:02 AM CDT
One more! (Yes, I really do love this spell enough to talk to myself)

You gesture at a zombie head-splitter.
Your cambrinth armband emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around your body, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of you. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at a zombie head-splitter!
Twisting and churning, the cloud rearranges into a large spike right before it slams into the palm of its right hand, piercing cleanly through the middle. As it comes to a stop, it explodes in a wild electrical discharge, melting the remainder of the hand clean away.

~Katt

Re: Target Magic and you! 05/25/2011 05:34 AM CDT
Ye gods! Katt's hitting zombies, everyone flee for your lives!
Just kidding, well done Kattena.
Re: Target Magic and you! 05/26/2011 06:10 AM CDT
Hey Katt, hows that scholarship coming?
Re: Target Magic and you! 05/26/2011 07:35 AM CDT
Still slightly lower than me shield, at least? :P

~Katt