A good fight, a good fighter. 11/23/2009 11:48 PM CST
* Your post here *You step up to Vinjince and say, "I challenge you to The Pain in a contest of skill!"
>salute
You raise your war mallet in a quick salute.
>
Vinjince accepts your challenge.
>
>face vinj
You turn to face Vinjince.
>
Vinjince turns in your direction and salutes you with his sword, bringing the weapon downwards in a precise, fluid movement.
>par
You move into a position to parry.
[You're invigorated, energetic, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
Vinjince begins to advance on you!
Vinjince is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
Vinjince's body vibrates with tension and pent-up battle madness until at last his eyes turn nearly completely crimson!
>
Vinjince closes to pole weapon range on you!
>fei vinj
< You feint a giant war mallet with a forge-welded head at Vinjince. Vinjince fends off the mallet with a polished black sword.
[You're invigorated, energetic, solidly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
>draw vinj
< You step backward and then bash at Vinjince. Vinjince knocks aside the mallet with a polished black sword.
[You're invigorated, energetic, nimbly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]
>
Vinjince closes to melee range on you!
>
* Vinjince feints a polished black sword at you. You block with a massive round shield bordered with images of dancing Risen clasping hands.
[You're invigorated, energetic, nimbly balanced with opponent in very strong position.]
>sweep vinj
< You sweep a giant war mallet with a forge-welded head at Vinjince. Vinjince knocks aside the mallet with a polished black sword.
[You're invigorated, energetic, nimbly balanced with opponent in good position.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>
* Vinjince steps backward and then slices at you. You barely block with a massive round shield bordered with images of dancing Risen clasping hands. The sword lands a heavy strike that collapses the ribcage and bursts the diaphragm in a messy splattering of bloody pink froth.
[You're energetic, nimbly balanced with opponent in strong position.]
>slice vinj
...wait 1 seconds.
>
* Vinjince sweeps a polished black sword at you. You barely block with a massive round shield bordered with images of dancing Risen clasping hands. The sword lands an extremely heavy hit that rips the left leg from the hip socket, making a wet popping sound.
[You're badly hurt, energetic, nimbly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>slice vinj
< You slice a giant war mallet with a forge-welded head at Vinjince. Vinjince knocks aside most of the mallet with a polished black sword. The mallet suddenly cries out "Justice!" as it flares white hot and lands a very heavy hit that severs Vinjince's left hand and sends it flying through the air, lightly stunning him.
[You're badly hurt, energetic, nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>
Vinjince slowly tips over and falls down.
>
>smite vinj
...wait 1 seconds.
>smite vinj
You chant a brief litany and draw back with a divinely inspired strike!
Grim laughter trails from Vinjince's lips as he falls into Urrem'tier's embrace.
< You chop a giant war mallet with a forge-welded head at Vinjince. Vinjince slaps away little of the mallet with a polished black sword. The mallet suddenly cries out "Justice!" as it flares white hot and lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that rips through muscle and organs, cutting the foe cleanly in half.
[You're badly hurt, energetic, incredibly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>

As Vinjince slumps unconscious, you back off. The challenge is satisfied!

>'ouch.
You say, "Ouch."
>'you hit dern good.
>
You say, "You hit dern good."
>
>look vinj
You see Battle Hawk Vinjince Rexem'lor of Elanthia, a Prydaen.
Vinjince has pointed ears and cat-slitted gold eyes. His black mane is very long and straight, and is worn loose. He has black fur, a long tail and an athletic build.
He is tall for a Prydaen.
He is young for a Prydaen.
He has a tattoo of a golden hawk with its wings spread wide on his back.

He appears to be unconscious! Other than that...

He has a severely swollen and deeply bruised left hand with odd protrusions under the skin compounded by an ugly stump for a left hand, a severely bloated and discolored abdomen with strange round lumps under the skin compounded by an abdomen deeply gouged with gaping wounds.

He is bleeding with discoloration in the left hand, very badly from the left hand, with widespread discoloration and rigidity in the abdomen and severely from the abdomen.

'I had an ugly stump for a left leg and a shattered chest. Without courage I would have gone down. This was our second fight... the first he axed me and hacked me to death. Brutal competitor. I salute you sir.(I didnt have the first fight recorded. I woulda liked to have had it.)
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 06:03 AM CST
lol, gj

-Mr. Glemm
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 06:47 AM CST
"Justice"

Is that a holy weapon? I didn't think we could use them on PCs.
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 07:04 AM CST
Good job!

I've got to start logging some of my knockouts when I beat somebody with talent.

PS. Juquito...You can use holy weapons on PCs, just not murder with them.

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 07:13 AM CST
Nice one Phan.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 07:36 AM CST
<<PS. Juquito...You can use holy weapons on PCs, just not murder with them.

Thanks. I didn't realize theere was a distinction. Amazing what you forget in 2 years.
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 08:31 AM CST
I've been killing people with my holy weapon for a while and haven't noticed any ill effects. Officially you can't, maybe the mechanic is broken.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 08:37 AM CST
>>I've been killing people with my holy weapon for a while and haven't noticed any ill effects. Officially you can't, maybe the mechanic is broken.<<

Lies, your IRL and IG soul will turn a pallid shade of grey for this tall tale.

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 08:39 AM CST
As a matter of fact, I think my soul gets better if I kill with my holy weapon. The devs might want to look into this one.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 11:12 AM CST
I was silly for not feinting that sweep, but I didn't expect to get leveled like that. :( Excellent fight.

I knew about Smite but not holy weapons. Knowledge is power.

What does a holy weapon do exactly and what are its limits?

Vinjince Rexem'lor
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 11:34 AM CST
It makes goofy emotes when you use it. Works on undead if it's charged. I don't think it hits any harder than a standard weapon, but whatever.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/24/2009 11:45 AM CST
Neato. Just about every time I spar a Paladin I learn something new.

Just to throw this out there in case no one know the messaging, I used my absolute rarely-used best melee berserk and he still took the hits like a champ then downed me. Was really impressive.

Vinjince Rexem'lor
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/25/2009 09:44 PM CST
Was going to razz you on the sweep...

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: A good fight, a good fighter. 11/26/2009 01:39 AM CST
You can murder with a holy weapon. It will not automatically destroy it. All the instant-destroy stuff went away some time ago.

You will take a soul hit for hitting someone unprovoked with your holy weapon... just like any weapon(and some things that could hardly be called a weapon)

Always use your holy weapon whenver you can. It's always to your benefit, unless of course your choice in holy weapon would leave you at a disadvantage.