Challange with a Barbarian 05/04/2008 10:39 PM CDT
Here's my duel with a barb... I'm a little higher circle, but our 2he is close, i have more shield, he has more parry... Anyway... smite is nice....

Raagnar asks, "ready?"
>
>nod
You nod.
>
* Raagnar feints a bastard sword at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
>
>feint raag
< Moving well, you feint a bastard sword at Raagnar. Raagnar blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler.
[You're solidly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]
R>
* Timing it well, Raagnar steps backward and then slices at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
[You're solidly balanced and opponent has slight advantage.]
>draw raag
< With strength, you step backward and then slice at Raagnar. Raagnar partially blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The sword lands a solid hit to Raagnar's left arm.
[You're nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>
R>
* Moving with grace, Raagnar sweeps a bastard sword at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in better position.]
R>swee raag
>
< Moving strongly, you sweep a bastard sword at Raagnar. Raagnar barely blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The sword lands an extremely heavy hit that etches a light cut into the right side of the chest, lightly stunning him.
[You're winded, nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>
* Raagnar slices a bastard sword at you. You block with a warrior's tower shield.
[You're nimbly balanced and in superior position.]
R>
>smite raag
>
You chant a brief litany and draw back with a divinely inspired strike!
< Moving fluidly, you slice a bastard sword at Raagnar. Raagnar barely blocks with a crocodile-skin buckler. The sword lands an annihilating strike (Urrem'tier would be proud!) that cleaves the foe clean through from collarbone to hips.
[You're nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]
R>
As Raagnar slumps unconscious, you back off. The challenge is satisfied!
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 05/05/2008 06:50 AM CDT
His parry is higher but he's blocking with shield? :P Nice win all the same. Smite definitely is nice.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 05/05/2008 08:33 AM CDT
Smite is awesome. But, the real kill came with your slice after his sweep. Once you had him stunned, the smite was the icing.

Madigan

True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.

Arthur Ashe
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 05/07/2008 02:24 AM CDT
Just an update... After receiving said smitage, he re-rolled as a paladin.
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 05/07/2008 07:03 AM CDT
>>Just an update... After receiving said smitage, he re-rolled as a paladin.

Poor chap...

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 05/07/2008 07:04 AM CDT
Now that's a way to get new recruits! Nice smiting too.

Player of Holy Guardian Adakin of Prime
Killr of TF
Kastr of TF
"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 08/01/2008 04:56 AM CDT
A little off topic, but I believe that the spells section of the site says smite is not supposed be used on the "eleven races" meaning humans, elves, rakash, prydaen, togs, etc. and therefore any player.

Should that bit of the site be updated, since it's pretty obvious from that post that smite is useable (and pretty effective, by the looks of it)?

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Half the people you know are below average.
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 08/01/2008 07:05 AM CDT
Your confusing "SMITE" the ability, with "SMITE FOE" the spell.

Ackfer - Halfling in a Can, No Fillers Here!
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 08/01/2008 07:10 AM CDT
Accually both abilities can be used against the races and thats a good thing.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Challange with a Barbarian 08/01/2008 02:37 PM CDT
Thanks for clearing that up, the site can be very confusing... not to mention Paladins having two abilities with the same name, heh. Almost makes me want to roll a paladin, 'cause smiting people just sounds fun.

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Half the people you know are below average.