Ouch 07/14/2003 04:04 PM CDT
Never suffered anything quite like this before.

* Moving with incredible power and control while leaning in an unexpected good direction, a revenant zombie claws at you. You attempt to dodge, taking the full blow. The claw lands a cataclysmic strike (Shock waves ripple outward!) that slices through the neck and sends your head flying through the air.

Q.
Re: Ouch 07/14/2003 05:15 PM CDT
Heh...were ya by yourself in there and backtrainin armors or huntin with a god? That's sick.

Tyryan
Re: Ouch 07/14/2003 06:06 PM CDT
Tell me there wasn't neck armor involved.

Absorb...
and Transform!!!
Re: Ouch 07/14/2003 06:13 PM CDT
I'm just amazed you could post that without a head. <g>

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Ouch 07/15/2003 01:38 AM CDT
Well, you'll never get ahead in life!

Heads up!

Gotta keep a cool head, yaknow.

Were you... headed somewhere when that happened?

Hey, don't lose your head! I'm just playing!

Cavalier Calemnon
Re: Ouch 07/16/2003 06:01 AM CDT
>Never suffered anything quite like this before

try sky giants :-)

Michael.
Re: Ouch 07/16/2003 11:48 AM CDT
I'll volunteer to try anything and you know it

Who's volunteering to drag?

Q.
Ouch! 11/02/2003 02:03 PM CST
Nice Divy. This looks like it hurts, too...

< Moving in with powerful grace, you lunge a sabre at a bawdy swain. A bawdy swain barely fails to block with a cudgel. The sabre lands a demolishing hit that creates a new, head size hole for the left eye socket.
A bawdy swain grows still.
The Zsikiel ring glows dimly then crumbles to dust as the bawdy swain's life-force fades.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

You've got to be taught to hate and fear,
you've got to be taught from year to year,
it's got to be drummed into your dear little ear---
you've got to be carefully taught!
Ouch 10/10/2009 01:33 AM CDT
I know the topic is Crits FROM Paladins, but here is an unexpected Crit TO a Paladin.

I can normally dance with 3 or 4 of these, but well, lucky hits happen... OUCH decapitated.

< You slice a cambrinth-hilted broadsword intricately engraved with stylized lions and olive laurels at an asaren celpeze. An asaren celpeze fails to evade. The broadsword lands an extremely heavy hit that removes the celpeze's right arm cleanly at the elbow, stunning it.
[You're invigorated, energetic, nimbly balanced and overwhelming opponent.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
>
* An asaren celpeze claws at you. You partially block with a platinum-trimmed tower shield etched with the scales of justice. The talons lands a hard hit that slices through the neck and sends your head flying through the air.
A soft red glow appears over your body.
A light silvery glow surrounds your broadsword and it stays in your hand.
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.
Re: Ouch 10/10/2009 08:52 AM CDT
>>I can normally dance with 3 or 4 of these, but well, lucky hits happen... OUCH decapitated.

Yeah lucky hits are still very stupid. My barbarian dancing dragon with 910 shield and 1.1k evasion got this earlier tonight

* Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone while tripping into a better position, an asaren celpeze, claws at you clearly outmaneuvered. You partially block with a dark ironwood buckler stenciled with the image of a grinning white skull. The talons lands a heavy strike (7/22) that cleaves off the top half of the skull, exposing the brain.
Your flail falls to the ground.

Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your spirit and you struggle to remain tied to this world.
Ouch 01/27/2010 06:21 PM CST
You turn to face a Dragon Priest purifier.
< Moving like a striking snake, you slice a scimitar at a Dragon Priest purifier. A Dragon Priest purifier attempts to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The scimitar lands a very heavy hit that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.
A Dragon Priest purifier gazes toward the heavens with a gentle smile as it calmly hisses, "My work is finally complete in this world. Unto the World Dragon I commend my undying spirit!" As the white flames surrounding its body suddenly turn black, it erupts into a mammoth fireball, leaving nothing but smoldering ash in its wake.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 2 sec.]