Prev_page Previous 1
What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 06:41 PM CDT
You speak against someone's act of greed and snobbery, because you feel it's the right thing to do. You remain as polite and professional as possible. Said person takes offense, you do what you can to avoid the offense short of agreeing never to criticize said person. You go out of your way to resolve the situation peacefully per the codes of your belief system. Even refuse a few challenges.

This happens routinely for over a week, finally the person stalks you while hunting and then kills you when you're not looking. You are quite surprised that alot more people are much higher than you when you last played almost seven years ago! Half the people say you had it coming, half admire your gal but think you should let it go. Unfortunately the attack seemed cowardly and unwarranted to you, and you have an already inflated sense of justice.

Apparently the person is out of your league, and avoiding them is out because you both hunt at the same spot. Short of being a whiny baby and calling an assist, or finding someone else to fight your battles, what would you do?

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook, Defender of the Faith, Paladin of Ilithi.

<<Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the presence of justice.>>
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 06:57 PM CDT
Ooc whisper them you would like to at rp to an impasse and don't mind dying, but want to have more interaction than getting shot. If that fails, ooc them you're not interested in continuing the conflict and resolve it or walk away.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 07:10 PM CDT
>>Apparently the person is out of your league, and avoiding them is out because you both hunt at the same spot.

Invest in some CJ's, get some buffs from other guilds, bring a friend so you can LEAD, walk in with the biggest SF you can muster, and kill them back.

Trust me if you two hunt in the same area, you can kill him. Just remember that playing fair is overrated.

-Landros
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 07:21 PM CDT
<<Ooc whisper>>

Negative.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 07:55 PM CDT
Hire someone else to do your dirty work... Or act as bodyguard. If they're going out of there way to borderline harass you, then they should have no problem with bodyguard in your back pocket.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 08:18 PM CDT
>>Negative

Or just take words out of context with out suggesting anything. That works too.

I will continue to get blunter on this topic until people get the message or my posts contain enough profanity to be removed. - Armifer
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 10:03 PM CDT
Well I can't say for certain, the person is an Emapth. He took me out with his Alfar. He may just rob or heal people in the hunting area for money. But the Alfar took me out with four or five shots after the empath cast sleep on me while I was engaged with a swamp troll at melee.

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 11:13 PM CDT
>>You speak against someone's act of greed and snobbery, because you feel it's the right thing to do. You remain as polite and professional as possible. Said person takes offense, you do what you can to avoid the offense short of agreeing never to criticize said person. You go out of your way to resolve the situation peacefully per the codes of your belief system. Even refuse a few challenges.<<

>>This happens routinely for over a week, finally the person stalks you while hunting and then kills you when you're not looking. You are quite surprised that alot more people are much higher than you when you last played almost seven years ago! Half the people say you had it coming, half admire your gal but think you should let it go. Unfortunately the attack seemed cowardly and unwarranted to you, and you have an already inflated sense of justice.<<

>>Apparently the person is out of your league, and avoiding them is out because you both hunt at the same spot. Short of being a whiny baby and calling an assist, or finding someone else to fight your battles, what would you do?<<

Wow. Where to begin? First, I suppose I will state my opinion, and then if necessary I will provide some actual logs of our interactions.

As far as I'm concerned, this is, and has always been, an IC matter between two characters, and not something that I have gone seeking support from fellow guild members, friends, or any other outside entities, but you have decided to bring it public on the forums. If you want to keep it IC, fine. You're a paladin. Fight your own battles. If you want to keep it OOC, fine, but at least speak the truth about our IC interactions.

Yes, Fizzickle was a member of the PHA, and as such, he's used to strong negative reactions from a wide variety of characters. Most of them would voice their opinion of my methods and let it drop. But not Aspasia. You had to go above and beyond with the insults, ridicule, and persecution. You were warned, several times. You were challenged, several times. I even used WARN COMBAT which you declined, but you still did not get the message to cease and desist your harassing behavior.

As to the final attack... I did not stalk you. You tossed your final insult that broke the camel's back and left. You went through the trail, I followed. I attacked, you died. I don't know how you can say the attack was "unwarranted." You've been warned repeatedly over many many days.

You decided to seek justice once more, and you were defeated, though instead of trying to kill my avenger, you should have tried to kill me instead. Maybe next time... IC, I'm looking forward to it.

Player of Fizzickle, the grumpy, dwarven, formerly PHA empath.

Clerics are on the sectual radar.

Just to be clear - I didn't do it. Not sure who did, but it wasn't me.

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 11:28 PM CDT
>>Wow. Where to begin? First, I suppose I will state my opinion, and then if necessary I will provide some actual logs of our interactions.<<

Logs would be great. Should be pretty black and white after we take a look at em.

>>As far as I'm concerned, this is, and has always been, an IC matter between two characters, and not something that I have gone seeking support from fellow guild members, friends, or any other outside entities, but you have decided to bring it public on the forums. If you want to keep it IC, fine. You're a paladin. Fight your own battles. If you want to keep it OOC, fine, but at least speak the truth about our IC interactions.<<

I don't think she was looking to "rally" the troops per say but more just asking what others would do in the same situation. Me personally, I would of went the route the Landros suggested.

>>You decided to seek justice once more, and you were defeated, though instead of trying to kill my avenger, you should have tried to kill me instead. Maybe next time... IC, I'm looking forward to it.<<

Good advice. Aspasia, take some notes.

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 11:36 PM CDT
>>Well I can't say for certain, the person is an Emapth. He took me out with his Alfar. He may just rob or heal people in the hunting area for money. But the Alfar took me out with four or five shots after the empath cast sleep on me while I was engaged with a swamp troll at melee.<<

Here is the log:

You tiredly say to Aspasia, "There is still no amount of money or quantity of gems that will ever induce me to place a healing hand on your person."

Aspasia says, "Now you are trying to start things with me."

Aspasia points at you.

You tiredly say, "No, I'm not."

Aspasia says, "I could take that as an insult and challenge you."

Aspasia says, "If I were extremely sensitive."

Leader Aspasia went through a narrow deer trail.

go trail

[Gwenalion Fens]
Dismal and dreary, gnarled oak trees sway in the dense woods which run along the edge of the field, twisted limbs stretching down toward the ground. A narrow deer trail winds through the trees before vanishing into the depths of the forest. Rolling ridges of wildflowers and bog rosemary stretch out to the southeast, interspersed with sullen hollows filled with brackish water. The surface of Lake Gwenalion glimmers in the distance.
Also here: Leader Aspasia.
Obvious paths: southeast.

* I don't see the "swamp troll" at melee, or any other critter *

With a warrior's calm, a pure white alfar avenger steps in and surveys the area.

You tiredly say, "If you want a fight, you've got one."

You begin to advance on Aspasia.

A well-camouflaged peccary rises sleepily from the muck and snorts loudly obviously disturbed by being awakened from its nap.

The small peccary begins to advance on Aspasia.

prep hl 30
You're pretty sure that will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Heart Link spell.

You close to pole weapon range on Aspasia.

The alfar avenger begins to advance on Aspasia.

Aspasia retreats from you.

The small peccary closes to pole weapon range on Aspasia.

You close to melee range on Aspasia.

The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Aspasia.

Aspasia tries to back out of combat but is unable to get away from you!

The small peccary closes to melee range on Aspasia.

cast aspas

You gesture at Aspasia.
You manage to channel quite a lot of your energy into the spell. The rest is wasted.
You link your heart's rhythm to Aspasia, and feel her heart shudder as its natural beat is forced to match your own.

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Aspasia.

prep nb 30
You're pretty sure that will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You close your eyes and breathe deeply, gathering energy for the Nissa's Binding spell.

A small peccary lowers its head, tilts it to one side, and slashes its curved tusks at Aspasia. The tusk lands a grazing blow to her right leg!

Your heart continues its slow, steady rhythm.

The alfar avenger begins to advance on Aspasia.

adv asp

Aspasia bows her head and chants a prayer.

cast

The alfar avenger closes to pole weapon range on Aspasia.

The small peccary closes to pole weapon range on Aspasia.

You gesture.
You feel Aspasia fall under the effects of your spell.

You close to melee range on Aspasia.

The alfar avenger closes to melee range on Aspasia.

The small peccary closes to melee range on Aspasia.

A small peccary lowers its head, exposing the thickest portion of its skull, and charges at Aspasia. The head lands a hard hit that nicks her neck, lightly stunning her!

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Aspasia. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that cuts deeply into her right tricep!

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Aspasia. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that cuts deeply into muscle on the right thigh!

A small peccary lowers its head, tilts it to one side, and slashes its curved tusks at Aspasia. The tusk lands a light hit that barely punctures the skin on the upper chest causing a slight welt, lightly stunning her!

A pure white alfar avenger swings with an unusual black blade at Aspasia. The blade lands an extremely heavy hit that amputates the left arm and a good deal of the shoulder in a crippling blow!

* Aspasia is slain before your eyes!
A soft red glow appears over Aspasia's body.
A light silvery glow surrounds Aspasia's Elven blade in her hand.
A light silvery glow surrounds Aspasia's battle shield in her hand.

You grab Aspasia's body and drag it with you . . .

[Langenfirth, Blufe Path]
The rustic town is nestled in the Danduwen Forest, on the shore of a sheltered cove on Gwenalion Lake. The fir and pine trees grow very tall and in thick stands, with a few birch and oak finding room to spread under the lower limbs of the taller firs. The streets, more like paths, wind and twist past the huge tree trunks, obviously an effort to avoid cutting down any tree. You also see a pile of cherry limbs, a white panther that is sitting, a shadowling, a waste bin, a narrow deer trail and a wide-limbed fir tree strung with a garland of sculpted rock crystal bells through its branches.
Also here: the body of Leader Aspasia who is lying down, Midnighter Anenberg, Recluse Etherian, Raindancer Posiden, Mime Exterminator Lillietta, Death Dealer Wyspe, Harvester Zrxa.
Obvious paths: north, east, west.

The culmination of many days and weeks of harassing RP, taken to a full and logical conclusion.

Player of Fizzickle, grumpy, dwarven, former PHA empath

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/14/2010 11:42 PM CDT
>>Logs would be great. Should be pretty black and white after we take a look at em.<<

I'm away for the weekend with a laptop. The previous logs with all of our RP are on my desktop at home. If this thread is still active when I return home on Monday evening, I'll post them. I would have preferred the conflict not be made public on the forums, but I didn't open that can. Instead, I opened a different can.

Fizz

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 01:35 PM CDT
<<* I don't see the "swamp troll" at melee, or any other critter *>>

Ahem...

<<A small peccary lowers its head, exposing the thickest portion of its skull, and charges at Aspasia. The head lands a hard hit that nicks her neck, lightly stunning her!>>

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 01:44 PM CDT
Player of Fizzickle

I went out of my way to avoid using your character's name. If you see fit to identify yourself as the culprit, then more power to you.

I am completely in favor of posting the log, if you feel it's important. I was posting here as a means of asking advice from friends without dropping names or being a tattle-tale.

On the side, looking at the log, I don't see where I failed to properly convey what happened... It seems as if I hit the nail on the head. Fizz (you) followed Aspasia (me) into the swamps while I was hunting and jumped me. I don't think that the log changes that...

Frankly I don't understand how posting the log or implicating yourself serves the discussion. Like I said I wanted advice on how to handle and proceed, and I was attempting to do so without name dropping.

If you want everyone to know that you stalked and killed another DR player, after she tried to cater to your sensitivites, when you repeatedly threatened her for criticizing the practices of your character; then more power to you.

You complained that Aspasia's criticism of Fizzickle's ethical practices was harrasment. Fine, I was concerned about that and so I tried to find a compromise with you in an OOC whisper session. But you only used that as a means to threaten Aspasia with death if she wouldn't shut up or even so much as looked at your character. Finally when I slipped up and said a phrase which you could convieniently 'mis-interpret' as consent, you chased me down and killed me.

To me this sounds more like harrasment than the other way around. It seems like you cannot handle criticism even within the confines of an RP game!

We RP'd a final duel last night to put things to rest. I did this out of concern for you feeling harrassed, I felt if you could beat Aspasia up in front of everyone that would satisfy the issue for you. It apparently has not...

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 02:41 PM CDT
<< ...But the Alfar took me out with four or five shots after the empath cast sleep on me while I was engaged with a swamp troll at melee.>>

Okay, Fizzickle's player, I'll be fair and clarify a few mistakes in my previous post. There was no swamp troll, it was a couple of peccary's. And it was the combination of the Sleep spell, the Peccs and the Alfar that took me out in four or five swipes.

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 04:08 PM CDT
I'm not going to carry the conflict to the boards. You did that.

You said that I jumped you while you were engaged at melee with a swamp troll. The room was empty when I showed up, and a swamp troll never arrived. Yes, a peccary did show up, which I accurately recorded. If you're going to report something, report it accurately.

Having been on these boards and been witness to countless other conflicts that have been posted, I identified myself as the other party to the conflict. This is to make sure that anyone that reads this will know the facts and who the players are.

Many times when players post on the boards regarding a conflict, they are looking for support from their side of the story, and if perchance, something unpleasant were to befall the other person, well then that's just a bonus. This was probably not your intent, but I've seen it before from others.

Many people in theren knew of our conflict already. It had gone on for quite a while. I just thought I'd clear it all up and identify myself. I did not do it as a "Hey look at me" kind of thing. Fizzickle has been killed before by other characters, and he's certainly no stranger to conflict. He's got two things going for him. He's very good at what he does, and he's not afraid to die. That's it.

My character would have no issue with yours if, after repeated requests to leave him alone, you had actually done that. Fizzickle can coexist in peace with anyone, even when I know they don't approve of the PHA or his personality.

This issue is over and done with for me. If you wish to continue to drag it through the mud, then I will post the logs of the extensive efforts I made to try and get you to leave Fizzickle alone, as well as the repeated warnings regarding the consequences if you did NOT leave him alone.

I'll drop it if you drop it. Fizzickle wants absolutely nothing to do with your character in any way, and even if you're standing in front of him in shock and dying, I've made it clear he won't lift a finger to heal you. Your "paladin" sense of justice or righteousness or whatever you want to call it, does not apply to Fizzickle or the way I play him.

Are we done? Oh and, I'm not interested in "talking" to you in OOC whispers in the game. I've done that before, and I count those as wasted hours, given that this discussion is still going on, and you're still trying to talk to me. Drop it. Please. Accept the fact that there is a character in the game (Fizzickle) that doesn't like your character (Aspasia) and now there's a person behind the character of Fizzickle (me) that doesn't like the player behind the character of Aspasia (you).

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 04:09 PM CDT
So... you realize no one knew the conflict involved you until you injected yourself into the post, right?

The log did show how badly NB needs to be fixed, though.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 05:43 PM CDT
I, and probably quite a few others, knew exactly who was involved. As he said, it's known to many in Theren.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 06:19 PM CDT
Here is a crazy thought, just RP it out IG. Conflict can be fun if you do not invest in the issues on a personal level.

Madigan
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 07:21 PM CDT
>>Here is a crazy thought, just RP it out IG. Conflict can be fun if you do not invest in the issues on a personal level.<<

Absolutely 100% agree with this Madigan. I enjoy conflict with Fizzickle. As a PHA empath, it creates some very interesting RP scenarios, and quite a bit of... tension.

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 10:55 PM CDT
<<You said that I jumped you while you were engaged at melee with a swamp troll. The room was empty when I showed up, and a swamp troll never arrived. Yes, a peccary did show up, which I accurately recorded. If you're going to report something, report it accurately.>>

I was wrong about the swamp troll, but you are wrong when you said there was no Peccary. There were two engaged in melee with me at the time you attacked. Try reading your own log.

Honestly the whole event happened quickly, I sat in a room, critter showed up (I assumed it was a troll) you showed up almost immediately after, then another pecc showed up. You said something, then attacked. I don't see what you are disputing here.

<<Having been on these boards and been witness to countless other conflicts that have been posted, I identified myself as the other party to the conflict. This is to make sure that anyone that reads this will know the facts and who the players are.>>

Explaining to you once again. I had no intention of bringing your name into it. If one or two other people who read the Paladin boards happen to know of the issue, so what? I only posted to get some advice from friends and that is it. If you don't want to accept that fact, then I can't help you.

<<This issue is over and done with for me. If you wish to continue to drag it through the mud, then I will post the logs of the extensive efforts I made to try and get you to leave Fizzickle alone, as well as the repeated warnings regarding the consequences if you did NOT leave him alone.>>

Do it and make sure you include the logs when I pulled you aside to discuss the issue OOC, and work with you because of the fact you felt harassed.
<<Are we done? Oh and, I'm not interested in "talking" to you in OOC whispers in the game. I've done that before, and I count those as wasted hours, given that this discussion is still going on, and you're still trying to talk to me. Drop it. Please.>>

Ahh yes... forget the OOC whispers, how convenient.

And the reason for this is because it would show how I tried to resolve the issue, after it became clear our two characters were at an impasse. You were concerned about harassment, and I was concerned about things becoming personal. Remember that?

In reality it seems that you CANNOT HANDLE CRITICISM and particularly when it deals with your character. Instead of making an IC issue which I tried to do, you come crying into the middle of the Thread even though you were not named. I wanted advice on how to handle it in an IC sense, maybe RP it out. That’s what we talked about later that evening do you remember that? Oh wait OOC whispers don’t count for anything…

<<Accept the fact that there is a character in the game (Fizzickle) that doesn't like your character (Aspasia) and now there's a person behind the character of Fizzickle (me) that doesn't like the player behind the character of Aspasia (you).>>

I don't have any problem accepting this, the problem is Aspasia will speak her mind if she feels the cause is just and appropriate. The issue I have with you is; do you really think it's justifiable to engage in unconsented PvP with a character you find to be intolerable?

AND FINALY

If you think Aspasia's criticisms rise to level of DR policy harassment or consent then let's have a GM look this issue over. If I'm wrong then I'll eat crow and apologize, if not, then I will expect you to back down on this issue and accept that other players can RP how they want without threat of unconsented PvP.

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 10:56 PM CDT
<<I, and probably quite a few others, knew exactly who was involved. As he said, it's known to many in Theren.>>

That is of no consequence. I cannot control who knows what. I tried my best to be discreet.

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/15/2010 10:57 PM CDT
<<Here is a crazy thought, just RP it out IG. Conflict can be fun if you do not invest in the issues on a personal level.>>

We did, We RP'd it out. I thought it had been resolved. But here we are at it again...

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 12:46 AM CDT
[Gwenalion Fens]
Dismal and dreary, gnarled oak trees sway in the dense woods which run along the edge of the field, twisted limbs stretching down toward the ground. A narrow deer trail winds through the trees before vanishing into the depths of the forest. Rolling ridges of wildflowers and bog rosemary stretch out to the southeast, interspersed with sullen hollows filled with brackish water. The surface of Lake Gwenalion glimmers in the distance.
Also here: Leader Aspasia.
Obvious paths: southeast.

>"I was wrong about the swamp troll, but you are wrong when you said there was no Peccary. There were two engaged in melee with me at the time you attacked. Try reading your own log."

Notice you two were alone there.

Follow the order of events here:

A well-camouflaged peccary rises sleepily from the muck and snorts loudly obviously disturbed by being awakened from its nap.

I'm not taking sides on this, but someone is mistaken about the order in which those particular events transpired.

You laugh when you think of how funny you looked in a mirror the last time.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 06:41 AM CDT
>>then I will expect you to back down on this issue and accept that other players can RP how they want without threat of unconsented PvP.<<

There is ALWAYS the threat of unconsented PvP. Especially when you know it's coming and have been warned repeatedly. You're wilfully engaging in acts and behaviors that are antagonistic to another. You don't get to RP however you want without regards to the consequences involved.

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 09:24 AM CDT

<<There is ALWAYS the threat of unconsented PvP. Especially when you know it's coming and have been warned repeatedly. You're wilfully engaging in acts and behaviors that are antagonistic to another. You don't get to RP however you want without regards to the consequences involved.>>

Uh, yes I do. This isn't DR the Fallen, you cant cut down anyone you think runs their mouth too much. I have the right to RP provided I am not harassing you, attacking you, picking your pocket, or grave robbing you.

If I was harassing you prove it and I will back down. Otherwise you need to admit that going PvP un-consented with me was a breach of DR policy.

Furthermore if you have problems with me "harassing" you in the future, you can always call an Assist. Rest assured the next time you attack any of my characters in the game, I will...

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 09:38 AM CDT
<<Follow the order of events here: You begin to advance on Aspasia.A well-camouflaged peccary rises sleepily from the muck and snorts loudly obviously disturbed by being awakened from its nap. The small peccary begins to advance on Aspasia.I'm not taking sides on this, but someone is mistaken about the order in which those particular events transpired. You laugh when you think of how funny you looked in a mirror the last time.>>

::rolls eyes:: It really amazes me how that's so important.

I suppose I didn't recognize Fizz until after the Pec began to advance on me, I don't know. That's really not important. I don't even keep logs, heck I wasn't even expecting to get jumped!

What I think is important is the fact he cast sleep on me while I was trying to retreat. Then he denied there was anything in the room at all! Even after he posted his own log!

It was the frickin Pec that stunned me while under a sleep spell that did me in, his Alfar moved in to finish the job. If not for that I may have very well escaped his murderous attempt.

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 09:39 AM CDT
>> I have the right to RP provided I am not harassing you, attacking you, picking your pocket, or grave robbing you.

If your RP is currently insulting the other person. They have the right to follow through with their RP of attacking you as long as they made the appropriate warnings. If you are pvp closed then you should never insult anyone. PVP closed means you actively avoid all types of conflict actions.

Crusader Taghz

DFA = DISC + AGIL + TM > Evasion + Reflex

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 09:41 AM CDT
>>Uh, yes I do.

No, no you don't.

"I kept my workshop of filthy creation: my eye-balls were starting from their sockets in attending to the details of my employment...and often did my human nature turn with loathing from my occupation..." - Mary Shelly, Frankenstein
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 09:41 AM CDT
<<Uh, yes I do. This isn't DR the Fallen, you cant cut down anyone you think runs their mouth too much>>

Yes, you can. If you would get punched in the mouth in RL for how you're acting, expect the same to happen in the game (only you get killed, hurr)

<<If I was harassing you prove it and I will back down. Otherwise you need to admit that going PvP un-consented with me was a breach of DR policy.>>

If you feel it was unconsented PVP, you should have reported, not posted in on the boards for dramatic impact.

<<Furthermore if you have problems with me "harassing" you in the future, you can always call an Assist. Rest assured the next time you attack any of my characters in the game, I will...>>

If you don't like the way he acts toward you, don't interact with him. It's not like someone is forcing you to RP with this person if you aren't happy with getting your ass kicked as a result of having a loud mouth.

If you wanted, rather than involve the GMs, you can just take your lumps and move on. You can't be a winner every time.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 10:30 AM CDT
In answer to your question: I would shut up, stop bothering the empath and just go on my own way without starting a fight if I cannot accept the consequences of my actions.

What I see here is you having a hissy fit over the concept of PHA, HARASSING the empath in question continuously for a week and then crying foul when said empath decides that enough is enough and hands you your rear end on a plate.

If it was just a one time thing, maybe I'd be more sympathetic, but by your own words, you can't seem to shut up:

>You speak against someone's act of greed and snobbery, because you feel it's the right thing to do.

>This happens routinely for over a week, finally the person stalks you while hunting and then kills you when you're not looking.

If you continue to harangue people for a week, no matter how "polite" you are being, I'm surprised you haven't died more than once, because that is harassment.

Also, by your own admission, everyone thinks you should also stop whining:

>Half the people say you had it coming, half admire your gal [sic] but think you should let it go.

Honestly, do you NOT read your own words?? Everything, based solely on your own post tells me that you are in the wrong.

Also, no one's forcing you to get healed by Fizz-whathisname. Stop forcing your ideals on other people.

You should learn to understand that not everyone lives by some happy, rainbow-land concept of RP. Some actually see the world differently.

The fact that Fizz took your constant nagging at him for a week tells me that he has been extremely patient with you and you should be grateful.

Others would have killed you dead much sooner than 1 week.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 10:40 AM CDT
I had posted another response keeping the debate raging but I killed it.

After listening to the general opinion of the room, I respect too many names in this conversation to stand my ground; so I decided to talk to a GM about clarifying the PvP and harassment policy.

I will share what I learned.

After talking with GM Morveris and listening to what was said here I feel I must apologize to Fizzickle’s player. I said before if I was wrong in any way I would eat crow and own up to my errors. According to Morveris I was told that if a player felt that his character was unduly insulted he could attack in un-contested PvP provided he gave warning. Which he did. (Again I did not drop a name or file a complaint, just for the record.)

In light of this I offer a formal apology with all respect due to Fizz’s player.

I sincerely apologize for any harassment or un-sporting behavior that may have been transgressed upon on my part as a player. I recognize that though I may be very opinionated, I do not know everything and I can be wrong about things; even when I feel certain that I am right. In that spirit I owe you this deep apology and hope that you can forgive me for making the situation so difficult.

I hope you will not think Ill of me, as any human being can get things completely ass-backwards sometimes.

In the future I promise to be more respectful towards you and your characters. I fully promise not to make this an issue any more, and you will not see any more posts on the forums about it. As far as I am concerned we are good, and I owe you for putting you through all that crap. It’s the least I can say, and I hope you can understand that it is not my intention to make enemies or insult people. And at the very least I hope you can know that when I am wrong I try to make things right.

PS
If anyone want to read the specifics on PvP policy try NEWS 5 24 and NEWS 5 25 articles along with Policy 11.

Apologetically Yours,
The very sorry Player of Aspasia Darkbrook

Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 10:53 AM CDT
Way to man up. Good post.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 11:04 AM CDT
Agreed. In real life and IG we can have our own set of morals and codes, but it's unrealistic and unreasonable to expect others to have the same set and live by it. Understanding this can avoid quite a bit of conflict.

-Shadow Bane Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 11:08 AM CDT
>>Way to man up. Good post.

Eladrin
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 12:59 PM CDT
Nice apology. No comment on any of the stuff preceeding but it is refreshing to see a real apology.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 01:16 PM CDT
Very rare to see a public apology. Good move.
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 03:53 PM CDT
>>Way to man up. Good post

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 04:00 PM CDT
<<Way to man up. Good post.

Madigan
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/16/2010 06:37 PM CDT
>>Way to man up. Good post.<<

Apology accepted, and thank you.

I appreciate the effort you put into clarifying the situation in regards to policy, PvP, etc. Having been in your shoes before, I also know how upsetting it can be when you feel your character was unjustly attacked, so I understand the vehemence with which you defended your position.

OOC, this matter is closed for me. IC? I guess we'll just have to see, but I really prefer not to engage in OOC whispers, so as to allow any form of IC RP to develop naturally. Otherwise, things seem contrived and staged. That is just my opinion. I hope you continue to enjoy DR as much as I do, no matter what comes.

- GM Raesh
Re: What would you do in this situation? 08/23/2010 06:47 PM CDT
Was I the only one wondering if Drongol's player was somehow involved?

Mistrust is our only defense against betrayal.
Prev_page Previous 1