Prev_page Previous 1
Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:50 AM CDT
You know I was not gonna respond to your dumb post. But really if it hurts you that much,
enough to make you spill vile with your words. Then I suggest you keep your opinion to
yourself. There are a few very nice folks that were nominated. What makes me wonder though
are you some kinda has been who everyone forgot now and walks around Disgruntled? or what?
Really its good to have your own opinion but when you bad mouth some real nice people and
compare them to dung. Well I dont mind wasting a few seconds letting a dimwit like you know
my opinion.

Rekon
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 03:04 AM CDT
It looked like he was responding to the comment about Hege being a BM in the past made by Glemm. But if not that was a pretty lame ass move on his part. Lots of good folks there nominated. Envy is a sin. :(

SIGNED,
E.

P.S. Rekon sucks <3

~Blood Wraith Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.

"Even In Your Darkest, Most Hellish Nightmares You Are Safe. But In Reality, Night Always Falls, And There In The Shadows, I Wait."
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 05:59 AM CDT
The nominees have to be able to accept an award. Seeing as almost all the "old-timers" as it were, no longer play, or haven't been seen in a long while .. the point is moot.

I agree with Q on some of the names to nominate, but they simply out of scope. The list of folks who are still around, and have been nominated make alot of sense to me as well.

Secondly, right off the bat, this contest was a popularity contest, making it the flaw, not the choices folks make.

PS: How could you all forget Daython or Humm? Shame shame.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 08:12 AM CDT
(The game was down so rather than work I read 8 months worth of posts. The arguments over fake titles between rayje, schvartz, etc, were good reading.)

Now my post:

<Screams> I WANT TO KEEL YOU PRAXIS! DIE! DIE! DIE!

Democracy is based on "popular vote". Aren't you taking social studies or something?

:oP Ragran
"I'm bored.." - Ragran
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 08:31 AM CDT
This is not a democracy nor does one exist in DR. Try again Ragamuffin

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 08:47 AM CDT
It is whatever I say it is. This is my nightmare...

P.S. Make the game work, Fozzy!
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 09:12 AM CDT
>I WANT TO KEEL YOU PRAXIS! DIE! DIE! DIE!

Next time your character is noob stealing in scout ogres/rock trolls ...

>Democracy is based on "popular vote".

Actually, the electoral college has very little to do with popular vote. See: Al Gore, Florida, US Supreme court. To refresh, Mr. Gore had won the popular vote, and lost the election by 5 electoral votes.

>Aren't you taking social studies or something?

Yes, although it was over 20 years ago. I paid attention a little bit more than you, apparently.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 11:56 AM CDT
Zing!

(and i will look for you when i'm newb hunting)

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 01:02 PM CDT
>(and i will look for you when i'm newb hunting)

Spellify yourself, silly mageling!

-Eamonn, on Ratha
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 01:09 PM CDT
shhhhh
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 01:30 PM CDT
Umm...knew that would draw some ire the minute I posted it, and also figured the bile might get confused with the bathroom humor. Hege probably remembers who I am, as we were buddies, and the BMs I know of refer to bowel movements. I'm not up on current acronyms. As for Grumpy the Dwarf, I was, of course, referring to Drongol, whom I also like and respect. As for the hall monitor, yes that was bile from an old wound. I neither withdraw it nor apologize for it. It was a pointed barb, and if it strikes home, then all the better. I am certainly not disgruntled for my current or past actions or status, though I may be a has-been. I surely believe I once was. And I was certainly not attempting to nominate anyone who is not current, though if I were I would have had to say that Daython and Rock put in as much effort as any into our guild's social and professional situation. I hope that relieves some of your concerns, Rekon and E. And I don't mean to walk around incognito. I'm just signing the way I have signed for time out of memory, but if it serves you once before I return to those ways, then call me...

Quicknickel
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 01:37 PM CDT
Oh, and by the way...I remember you Rekon, even if you do not remember me. And if E. means Ecoles, I also remember you. You were both good paladins as my memory serves, and I can only assume you were jumping to our guild-mates defenses. Bully for you. But, I don't have to like every last one of us and I am certainly permitted to express my opinions as much as anyone. I certainly earned that right.

Q.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:06 PM CDT
Quicknickel,

The popularity contest doesnt matter..we know who should be honored..

Crusader Taghz

I'd rather be in the Penalty Box!
Need Chain armor?
http://www.geocities.com/skracrusader2001/index.htm
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:12 PM CDT
Dang Taghz...I was just puttin in my two kronars worth, like everyone else. Can I help it if a couple folks didn't understand me? I suppose I could use some work in the communications department, but who couldn't?

Q.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:20 PM CDT

>>are you some kinda has been who everyone forgot now and walks around Disgruntled? or what?
Rekon

No, that would be me. I'll thank you to leave me out of your prattle though, I like being forgotten.

Celtar
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:26 PM CDT
<<I suppose I could use some work in the communications department, but who couldn't?>> - Q

::whistles::

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:29 PM CDT

>>Next time your character is noob stealing in scout ogres/rock trolls ...

Praxis reply to a well known gutter snipe.

Like you more and more Praxis, for a year I thought Ragran was a thief who decided to improve his pick pocketing skills in rock trolls, till I kept noting how lousy he was at it and how often I caught his hand in my pocket. Then I realized that he was actually a gutter snipe who likes to harass those who can't defend against him.

Though to show you how slowly I train at one point a bit over a year ago I was in rock trolls back training long bow and light thrown while getting boxes. I ran across said snipe and hurt him badly when he wouldn't leave me be. Now recently I was back in rock trolls back training heavy plate armor and working skinning and came across him again with his hands in my pockets. Silly me I decided to cause him pain again and learned to my dismay that he'd been a busy boy and now I couldn't hurt him and he then send a bolt of lightening to me which hurt me badly.

I really need to stop messing around and back training this skill and that skill, because I keep running into these snipes that don't appear to ever leave the area's I'm wandering around in. Like a tick on a hunting dog, snipes like him need to be cauterized from the body. Keep up the good work on snipe control Praxis.

Celtar

p.s: ooc: I've had run ins with this charactor with four of my charactors since I reactivated my account, his smile action and vanish routine got old very quickly.

"Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women have a more subtle instinct: What they like is to be a man's last romance. " Oscar Wilde
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:50 PM CDT
<<Then I realized that he was actually a gutter snipe who likes to harass those who can't defend against him.>> - Celtar

...never again can I claim that noone understands me.

<<his smile action and vanish routine got old very quickly.>> - Celtar

...you are a liar!

P.S. Trust me boyo, if I can beat you handily, you never were.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 02:53 PM CDT
heh.

"Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women have a more subtle instinct: What they like is to be a man's last romance. " Oscar Wilde
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 03:46 PM CDT
I find it curious that even a "contest" that was from the original post deemed to be about popularity has resulted in a conflict.

Not that it is at all suprising. It has been both a laughable (yet strangely laudable) thread which should not really be taken seriously to begin with. Some people have stuck with the initial inception of the post (making nominations based on their personal opinion of popularity), while others (myself included) made it about people who, in their minds, have proven themselves to be good examples of Paladins) While I typically shy away from such posts, as I always tend to feel bad because I think there are dozens good of examples of Paladins, I really think my two nominees are worth worth it. Why people are arguing about what is considered an acceptable nomination is beyond me, as opinions are opinions, neither right nor wrong. Based on this there is no reason at all to insult people for their nominations, nor insult those they nominate.

What I've taken from this (and the original thread) is as follows: Q is a "has-been" (in his own mind), who "was", and in many minds still "is" (I still use the term "pull a Quicknickel" on occasion. For those who don't know what it means ask Quick sometime, it's an extremely funny story), and wants to take lessons on how to be a more effective communicator. Rekon is a well-intentioned and dedicated-to-his-friends-punk who is worshiped by Angeline, yet who still wishes he was as sexy as Lennon (ducks). Redarch is getting hair-dye for Christmas. Hege makes a good footrest (not exactly part of this thread, but it is a truism in its own right). Glemm seems to enjoy BM's (take that to mean what you wish). Aspasia's player(s?) have recently cralwed out of the woodwork for some, as of yet, unknown reason (I'm invisioning some sort of apocalyptic event). And anyone who I did not mention will probably take offense to not being mentioned, and start a conflict with me =/

Sheesh people have fun with the damn game.

--Just a "clueless" Squire

P.S. vote Lennon for court-jester =O

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 04:20 PM CDT
Dey shut my steal skill off on account of they want I should pay down my stupid fines! (...so lets conflict).

<<Some people have stuck with the initial inception of the post (making nominations based on their personal opinion of popularity), while others (myself included) made it about people who, in their minds, have proven themselves to be good examples of Paladins>> - Clueless Squire

Translation:
"Drr, if you don't agree with my choices than you are an idiot! Plus, you are clearly voting for people because they get women easily! I can tell! Its written all over yer posts!"- Very Clueless Squire

Me again:
Additionally, what the hell are you talking about? That post made me car sick.

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 04:33 PM CDT
<<Additionally, what the hell are you talking about? That post made me car sick.>>

It's to bad that reading comprehension is not part of driver's liscence tests =/

Let's try to put this in terms you can understand:

See Dick. See Dick nominate Spot for most popular Paladin.

See Jane. See Jane make a nomination for Sally as the best example of a Paladin.

See Tim. See Tim post how stupid Jane's nomination is.

See Jane. See Jane post about how Tim is a nobody.

See Spot. See Spot post about how the nominations are in relation to people opinions and therefore no ones nominations are stupid.

See Ragran. See Ragran with his head up his arse. Pull Ragran, pull.

Hope that helps.

--Just a "clueless" Spot

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 04:46 PM CDT
>See Ragran. See Ragran with his head up his arse. Pull Ragran, pull.

2 zings in 1 thread, what will happen next? Stay tuned.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 04:53 PM CDT
Now I'm seasick

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/15/2005 08:23 PM CDT
<<Glemm seems to enjoy BM's (take that to mean what you wish).>>

Only on your chest, Lennon.

And by that, I mean board monitors.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 09:59 AM CDT
>>Only on your chest, Lennon.>>

LOL, Not sure how many people got that. But growing up with three brothers, I'm pretty attuned to rather, um, different kinds of humor.

Greg & Brittany INC (Player of Aspasia Darkbrook since 1998, the Paladin of Ilithi & servant of Rutilor)
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 10:24 AM CDT
>LOL, Not sure how many people got that.

Please explain, not everyone is from Cleveland.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 01:27 PM CDT
<<Please explain, not everyone is from Cleveland. >>

Ohh Darwin! I am from Cleveland (Lakewood) and am currently visiting there. I'm afraid, very afraid.

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 03:27 PM CDT
<<Cleveland>>

...the cultural and intellectual capital of the known universe...and probably beyond.

"Some Democrats say the estimated $60 billion dollar cost of a war with Iraq could be better spent at home. When he heard that, President Bush agreed and announced plans to bomb Ohio." - Jay Leno
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 03:30 PM CDT
cleveland rocks

gonif- also from cleveland, and also on the west side.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 03:47 PM CDT
Cleveland posse in da hay-owz!

Lemme here ya say "HEEEY!"

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 04:27 PM CDT
Hey, how are those Browns doing? Ohh that's right they suck while the Steelers are winning the Super Bowl this year. Da Burg rules, Cleveland drools.

Sslad
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 04:48 PM CDT
That was the dumbest post I've ever read snakeboy. Steamers on you both.

Kolaisa

Bar maids and beauties
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 04:50 PM CDT
>Ohh that's right they suck while the Steelers are winning the Super Bowl this year. Da Burg rules

50 plat says they don't.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 04:50 PM CDT
>Steamers on you both.

AHAHAHHAHALOLOLOROFLSJKGDHJFAKIUTDCB
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 05:12 PM CDT
>Steamers on you both.

LOL
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/19/2005 06:59 PM CDT
<<Steamers, you know, clams.>>

Nono, it's "steamahs"... It's sort of like clam chowdah, but it's steamed clams instead.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/20/2005 11:55 AM CDT
<<gonif- also from cleveland, and also on the west side.>>

No wonder I feel hostile intent when in Rocky River.

<<Nono, it's "steamahs"... It's sort of like clam chowdah, but it's steamed clams instead.>>

Somehow I am picturing them using a different form of "steamer".

Re: Q who ever you are. 08/20/2005 03:26 PM CDT
>Somehow I am picturing them using a different form of "steamer".

Yep. No butter.
Re: Q who ever you are. 08/20/2005 06:59 PM CDT
if its rocky river it ain't me. i'm further south and west. near berea. :-)

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Prev_page Previous 1