What Really Matters 06/21/2005 11:57 AM CDT
Brethren and Sisters,

This entire discussion is beneath us. Let us return to what really matters and expose those individuals who deserve it as the meanies they truely are.

Q.
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 12:40 PM CDT
<<This entire discussion is beneath us. Let us return to what really matters and expose those individuals who deserve it as the meanies they truely are.>>

Blue Meanies!

--Just a "clueless" Squire

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray Solomon my soul to keep.
If I should walk before I wake;
I pray that Simutronics a restore will make.
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 12:51 PM CDT
Now only if a requirnment to get the crusader title was to kill some heretics. Then I can be fully glad to let thieves have it. heh.

P.S. Cleric should have this title to as others suggested if they have no devotion left.
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 12:59 PM CDT

<<P.S. Cleric should have this title to as others suggested if they have no devotion left.<

that might present a small problem.

mainly, clerics, after joining the guild, have very little devotion. paladin soul is neutral after joining, not nearly as "low" as a cleric when they first start.

so for the novice, i don't think its on the same scale.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 01:24 PM CDT
>mainly, clerics, after joining the guild, have very little devotion. paladin soul is neutral after joining, not nearly as "low" as a cleric when they first start.

Dull, chalky, and useless. Not that lead or ward are useful at 3rd (or 4th -- been 4 years), 5th circle anyways.
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 09:40 PM CDT
Non-paladins haven't been able to use soulstones for a while now but okay.

Thieves can fake barb titles and only barbs have IF and thieves can fake that too, because it makes game design sense, which would be an easy example of something even more abstract than soulstate being faked by a thief.

I am --- Navak
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 10:08 PM CDT
>Thieves can fake barb titles and only barbs have IF and thieves can fake that too, because it makes game design sense, which would be an easy example of something even more abstract than soulstate being faked by a thief.

>I am --- Navak

Yes, they can fake Barbarian titles, but Barbarians have no titles based on inner fire which would be a better comparison to soulstate.

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a Sword.

Oscar Wilde
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 10:22 PM CDT
>>Yes, they can fake Barbarian titles, but Barbarians have no titles based on inner fire which would be a better comparison to soulstate.

Yet. Barbs don't have much of anything at the moment. But if they do get access to IF titles, you think thieves will be able to fake 'em?
Re: What Really Matters 06/21/2005 10:39 PM CDT
well, thieves can currently fake titles that the original guild requires its members to have certain spells in order to get - so why would faking inner fire be any different?

there would be seperate requirements for the actual guild member and the fake-guild. but from what i've seen, many of the "fake" requirements are of the same "difficulty" as the original guild, keeping in mind the skill-set placements. For instance, for a cleric, the Intercessor title requires 440 harness, 340 in the highest weapon, 240 highest armor and 450 TM. For the cleric <a thief whatever> it requires 550 hiding, 340 weapon, 240 armor, and 450 stalk. So actually the thief requirement is harder to achieve - harness is easier to train than hiding. Both guilds have weapon secondary and armor tert - and have identical reqs there. and the TM req is identical to the stalk in skill-set placement, but a bit harder to train. So it all equals out. All in all, I think the GMs have done an outstanding job in making the titles and requirements "fit" to the various guilds.

I'm really liking the new title system.

but, since this is conflicts folder.... Darius has rusty armor!

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: What Really Matters 06/22/2005 01:14 AM CDT
Blah blah blah Barbarian... Describe (pretend thief) Hehe. Well, assuming it hasnt been fixed...

Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a Sword.

Oscar Wilde
Re: What Really Matters 06/22/2005 09:36 PM CDT
It would conceal thieves on a certain number of titles but not all due to an oversight or bug, not intentinoal or accepted design. If a thief can fake inner fire, game design, I don't see why faking soul or lack of soul would be in a different realm. It's bad enough that moon mages can detect the lack of magic on thieves that are faking magic guilds.

I am --- Navak