Time to hang it up? 09/30/2004 10:46 AM CDT
I use to like you Drongol you were a good roleplayer and fun to mess with. Now you are just annoying and bitter. You always have a negative comment on everything that is said in every single folder no matter if it concerns you or not. You post so much I think that you've dedicated your time in DR to just reading the boards which is a waste. Maybe if you spent less time reading the boards and actually training you could actually do something in the forge. If you don't maybe it's time to hang up the ol shield and sword and call it a career.

Your portly paladin Gadorr

Need armor? Visit the Fat Pallie Forging website at http://gadorr.tripod.com
Re: Time to hang it up? 09/30/2004 11:21 AM CDT
You don't like his ideas and opinions so you want him to retire? That's not right. Though I don't agree with anybody 100%, the varying opinions are least offer others a perspective on things maybe they haven't seen before. I rather enjoy it and like seeing all sides to an arguement.

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Time to hang it up? 09/30/2004 12:00 PM CDT
Speaking as someone who's been playing this game for about 7 years (and as someone with 30 minutes before his next class starts) I'd like to step in here and defend drongol (the player).

He may seem bitter and negative, but thats just his style, and you aren't going to see him posting ever like a snert, trying to be disruptive and all. Furthermore whenever I've come across Drongol (the character) he's always seemed well RPed. The character is consitant which is a lot more than we can say about most characters. In fact, the degree to which Drongol RPs his character was an inspiration to me in fleshing out my character more (accent, mannerisms, etc).

So what if he's negative and cynical? He's not bad. He's not a snert. I remember once when I was getting bashed on the boards he stood up for me, and he definately didn't have to.

__
"Faireft Therengia Rul'd by a
fornicating Haggis-eating Slubberdegullion--"

Vidumavi exclaims, "Wait!"
Vidumavi points at you.
Vidumavi exclaims, "Your that Blasword guy!"
>nod vid
You nod to Vidumavi.
Vidumavi exclaims, "You are the bomb!"
Re: Time to hang it up? 09/30/2004 07:17 PM CDT
<<I use to like you Drongol you were a good roleplayer and fun to mess with.>>

Thanks. Glad to know I used to be fun.

<<Now you are just annoying and bitter.>>

And I'm also amazingly ignorable. If you don't like what I have to say, simply click that little button and I guarantee you won't have to deal with me ever again.

<<You always have a negative comment on everything that is said in every single folder no matter if it concerns you or not.>>

Nah, I just don't post warm fuzzies unless something is truly deserving of warm fuzzies. When Ssra or anyone else does something truly cool (IE, Smite), I'll be one of the first to praise it. However, I don't think that our current state is particularly great, and I'm all for seeing it changed with some dedicated coding and some inspired leadership. Right now, we have Maece, who is an excellent Liaison, but only a CE GM (and one that wears many other hats besides). Additionally, we have Ssra, who is generous enough to devote some of his time towards benefitting Paladins, but who cannot do what a dedicated and talented coder with a good vision for the Guild could do.

However, pointing this out instantly makes one appear "bitter" and to have a "negative opinion." It's rather odd how often being realistic about things and having an informed opinion, rather than merely brown-nosing any and all GM out there, is considered "terrible."

<<You post so much I think that you've dedicated your time in DR to just reading the boards which is a waste.>>

I can read the boards and play other games, chat with my friends, etc. Doing that and playing DR quickly leads to a dead Drongol. Guess which of the two I'm going to choose more often?

<<Maybe if you spent less time reading the boards and actually training you could actually do something in the forge.>>

Honestly, I don't care about forging. I don't want Drongol to be a forging Paladin. I plan on having him go into mining once it comes out. That said, I find some of the positions taken by the "best" forgers in DR to be rather ridiculous and I enjoy mocking said positions. I'm sorry that it offends you so much.

I have never been truly dedicated to "training" Drongol. Frankly, I wouldn't be nearing 60th circle after 7 years of playing if I wanted the most powerful character in the world. Dragonrealms, like just about any online game out there, is immensely cyclical in nature: you get more skill, you get better items, you fight better monsters. Repeat ad nauseum. The only places where superior skill truly matter are during "wars" (in which the GMs seem likely to just "win" without anything the PCs can do to stop it), PvP situations (which I avoid), and crafted items. Frankly, I don't see a big reason for me to devote large amounts of my time to any of these goals, particularly with forgers currently trying so desperately to maintain their stranglehold on the system after the split.

<<If you don't maybe it's time to hang up the ol shield and sword and call it a career.>>

Drongol has never once used a sword, and he rarely uses a shield. But hey, you're more than welcome to call for my retirement all you want. After all, it's not as though I have any necessity whatsoever to listen to you.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Time to hang it up? 10/05/2004 06:41 AM CDT
How ironic that the player of Gadorr was the one who had to hang it up for being a scammer.

Relayer

http://darkanvil.bravepages.com/Index.html

You can fight
Without ever winning
But never ever win
Without a fight
Re: Time to hang it up? 10/05/2004 06:49 AM CDT
oo oo, I missed it, DETAILS!

http://home.comcast.net/~gamesecrets/
Re: Time to hang it up? 10/06/2004 09:03 AM CDT
<<How ironic that the player of Gadorr was the one who had to hang it up for being a scammer.>>

Hmm?

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."
Re: Time to hang it up? 10/07/2004 11:01 PM CDT
Simple:

The original player of Gad had access to many characters; some of which were on yahoo for sale. The original Gad turned out to be a scammer, by trying to profit from those chars/acounts and worse (use your imagination).

It would be so much better if SIMU just said no to the 15 bucks and didn't allow char transfers. Fat chance, I know.
Re: Time to hang it up? 12/01/2004 06:14 PM CST
<<Hmm?

I thought you were an english Lit. major, so why do you always forget the vowel!

Humm Breaux
Prydaen Refugee Freedom Fighter