Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/20/2010 06:25 PM CST
I have a number of things to complain about:

There seems to be no way to quit a quest. Apparently I am on the Glyph of Light quest which is news to me as I have no torch to pray with to actually start the quest. Seems it is impossible to get another torch without failing, but there is no obvious way to fail. You walk into the chapel to pray and it says you need a torch. Ask Eamonn about anything remotely related to the quest/torch and he gives the same useless responses about not knowing what your talking about. Anyway I gave up and am leaving this island. Hopefully I can fail the quest by talking to another leader.

The second part of this complaint is how little the leaders know. Ask Eamonn about any other leader or any ability and he doesnt know what you are talking about.

> ask eamonn about cleworth
Sir Eamonn glances at you strangely and answers, "What's this yer blabberin' about? Yer not makin' any sense."

> ask eamonn about darius
Sir Eamonn glances at you strangely and answers, "What's this yer blabberin' about? Yer not makin' any sense."
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/20/2010 07:17 PM CST
How do you know you're on the quest? Light was the easiest quest by far to fail.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
DRPrime - NecroUnknown
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/20/2010 07:19 PM CST
Sorry for the double post but, what do you want him to say?

>ask eamonn about cleworth

Eamonn says, "He's a guild leader. What more do you want to know?"

If you have specific info or something, maybe type it up and submit it. The GM's might add it to his list of responses if it's good.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
DRPrime - NecroUnknown
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/20/2010 07:35 PM CST
When your on a quest and type "glyph", it says "You are on the Glyph of Light quest."

Many of the other guilds have leaders that speak about multiple topics related to their respective guild. It doesnt have to be much.

If you take the boat to Crossing and talk to Verika the line about being on the Glyph of Light quest goes away. There was no message indicating I failed this quest but I am confident when the boat gets back to Ratha I will be able to restart it. Its still crazy that I could not just fail it in Ratha.
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/21/2010 05:17 PM CST
My little paladin got the Glyph of Light no problem today. I actually blew it while still on Ratha and went back and got another torch right away. I didn't think it was so very hard once I figured out not to use a travel script.

~V

___

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition."

- Henry V, William Shakespeare
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/21/2010 05:43 PM CST
What was the syntax to get another torch? I had to go all the way to Crossing and talk to Verika before I could go back and get a new torch. It worked that time but spent all day on boats.
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/21/2010 05:57 PM CST
>What was the syntax to get another torch? I had to go all the way to Crossing and talk to Verika before I could go back and get a new torch. It worked that time but spent all day on boats.

Same syntax as the first time, "ask eamonn about quest" He handed over another torch, went and prayed in the chapel and just made the Skirr'lolasu back to Crossings before it put to sea.

~V

___

Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/21/2010 07:43 PM CST
> ask eamonn about quest
Eamonn says, "I do not currently have a quest for you, but I believe that Sir Cleworth may have a matter that requires your attention."

This was while I was on the Glyph of Light quest. My new best guess is that perhaps it is bugged if your character is of a sufficiently high circle that Cleworth will give you the Glyph of Ease quest. My character is 35th circle but Cleworth wouldnt give me the Glyph of Ease quest unless I did the one from Eamonn first. Eamonn then wouldnt reissue a torch because he would only talk about the Glyph of Ease quest from Cleworth.
Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/21/2010 08:18 PM CST
My paladin just advanced to circle 15. I knew I had to talk to Eamonn, so last weekend I went to Ratha and asked him about the quest. He didn't have anything for me, so I went to Cleworth and asked about glyph, not quest, and he told me to see Eamonn. I went back to Ratha today and other than having my first torch extinguish, got the glyph with little problem. Did you try asking about glyph?

~V

___

Re: Glyph quests are ridiculous 11/21/2010 08:32 PM CST
Yeah the bug was when he gave me my first torch and I discarded it. No amount of questions would get me another torch. I asked about everything, glyph(s), quest(s), torch, etc. I think there is a big where he wont reissue a torch if you are eligible for further glyph quests.