An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/11/2017 05:01 PM CST
[Pokekehekepi olpo'staho, Mirage]
Standing tall against the desert landscape, a strange obsidian rock sticks out against the gleaming golden sand. The air surrounding the stone is constantly warping, distorting and rippling around it in a small circle. Small ripples in the sand confirm that the strange effect is not confined to the air, any footprints quickly erased by the phenomena.
Obvious paths: out.
You stand back up.
You say, "Well, this is certainly interesting."
Jeihrem asks, "Is it?"
You see the Lich Jeihrem, but it is impossible to tell what his original race was.
Jeihrem has a dessicated maw for a mouth that constantly drips black ichor from between pointed teeth and are surrounded by grotesquely stretched skin. His pitch black eyes have an unnatural glow to them, and his nose appears to be missing entirely. His pitch black hair hangs in ragged tangles down his back, and his leatXXXXy skin is aged to a nearly grey color. He has a massive, bulky build.
Jeihrem towers at a height that is easily taller than a Gor'Tog.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a tyrium great helm covered with vicious spikes, a blackened iron necklace of heavy chain links, a pitch black leatXXXX greatcloak with a ragged and torn bottom hem, a dark claymore scabbard branded with a symbol resembling a gaping maw, a torn rawhide shirt laced up the front with small black chains, a suit of dark steel armor cast in macabre images, a blackened iron bracelet bound with thin tyrium strands, a pair of blackened tyrium gauntlets with large square spikes on the knuckles, some black leatXXXX pants laced togetXXXX with braided sinew and a pair of dark steel boots sculpted from metal plates covered in grinning skulls.
You bow to Jeihrem.
You say, "I am glad that I have made it to you."
Jeihrem says, "Lower. Bow lower."
You kneel down upon the ground before Jeihrem.
Jeihrem says, "Better."
Jeihrem says, "I was beginning to think you might not ever understand what was asked of you."
You chuckle.
You say, "I was focusing on far harder things, it was rather silly of me."
Jeihrem says, "That fool who thought himself your teacher clouded you."
You say, "I shall not be so ignorant ever again."
You nod.
Jeihrem says, "And no, you shall not."
Jeihrem says, "You find power when you can see them for the tools they are."
You say, "Fear holds too many of us back."
Jeihrem says, "Look upon me, mortal creature, and see what you may yet one day approach to be."
You say, "I am in awe."
Jeihrem nods as if that were the only reasonable response to seeing him.
Jeihrem says, "You may yet prove to be more than a useful idiot."
You say, "The fools won't even doll out the scraps on how to create risen, yet they can't even conceive of approaching the true power that you possess."
Jeihrem says, "They have nothing to give you but lies."
Jeihrem waves his hand dismissively.
Jeihrem says, "Ignore the axe; you will draw attention to yourself if you keep pestering the soulbound."
You say, "I realized that long ago. Book is a fool and a liar, and a slave to the Old Man."
You nod.
You say, "I shall do as you instruct."
Jeihrem says, "You are far more useful in others ways."
You say, "Tell me what I may do to serve."
Jeihrem says, "If you can gain entry, disrupt the ritual itself. It would be smarter for you to send pawns to do this, though, if you can manage that."
You nod.
You say, "Amusingly, XXXXXX isn't sure he wishes to help Book with the ritual at all. He has started to question the lies that are shoved down their throats."
Jeihrem says, "While they are distracted, they will not notice my preparations so easily as they otherwise would."
You say, "He may easily come to you, with some small persuasion."
You nod.
Your spirit feels less drained.
Jeihrem says, "The soulbound is better left to Book now. Later, perhaps..."
You nod.
Jeihrem says, "Let them think they have him."
You say, "I know of others who also question the validity of Book and his Knives."
Jeihrem says, "Of course you do."
Jeihrem says, "Use them."
You say, "Shall I bring them to you? Or shall I simply use them to help disrupt the ritual."
You nod.
Jeihrem says, "If any survive, then perhaps they are worth my time."
You chuckle.
You say, "These few are survivors."
Jeihrem says, "If you find ones who seem of any real merit, then do not use them as the distraction."
Jeihrem says, "Save them for the assault. Have them lay low like I have instructed you."
You nod.
You say, "I shall do so."
Jeihrem says, "Then, when I strike, you and they shall be at my side."
You nod.
Jeihrem says, "Rising up from within the ranks that Book thinks he commands."
Jeihrem spits at the ground, a trail of ichor and spittle mingling as he does.
You ask, "Do you believe that Book is going to attempting the ritual tonight?"
You say, "They have sent out a summons for those loyal...yet I know they have not recovered the items from Master T."
Jeihrem quietly stares at you for several long moments.
Jeihrem says, "They will wait until the last moment."
You nod.
More clouds move in above, almost obscuring the sky completely.
Jeihrem says, "The Fleshmask will not necessarily give up his prize easily."
You ask, "May I ask a question? Where exactly are we? Do I need to use the doorways provided by the demonic in order to reach here every time I wish to come?"
You nod.
Jeihrem says, "You and yours may yet find him and bring him to me."
Jeihrem says, "We are upon the beach on Ratha, and yet not there at all."
You say, "That is good to know, the Fleshmask has spoken with me in the past and I find his endeavors creative and interesting."
You nod.
Jeihrem says, "I ready for the battle."
Jeihrem says, "If I need you, you will know it, and I will tell you how to reach me."
You nod.
You say, "As you say."
You say, "I shall go forth and bring those who are smarter into the ranks to serve you in the coming battle. These pawns will serve as fodder in order for us to crush Book and his damnable Philosophy."
Jeihrem says, "You do not go until I tell you to. Press you face to the sand and call out to me, to the powers that fuel me."
(XXXXXXX presses XXXX face down, laying it upon the ground as supplication.)
Call out to me! Call out to Them!
Jeihrem exclaims, "Call out to me! Call out to Them!"
You exclaim, "I pledge to those forces that fuel Jeihrem! I offer freely of myself, take this soul that the Immortals use to shackle us forever to them. I have no need for it! I will do as you instruct and aid you in the days to come!"
You exclaim, "Empower me so that I may be a blade against your enemies!"
Jeihrem leans forward and opens his maw wider, letting the ichor drop down upon you.
With cold ease, the substance oozes into your flesh, becoming one with it.
You exclaim, "You are the hand that weilds me!"
Jeihrem says, "I always was."
Jeihrem says, "Stand, now, creature, and gain your name from me."
(XXXXXXXX shudders in ecstasy)
Jeihrem says, "You will be Tallnah, the Beginning of the End."
Jeihrem says, "Now go, and do what needs."
(XXXXXXX bows XXXX head, while shuddering in pleasure, licking XXXX lips in anticipation of the days to come.)
You say, "I shall."
Jeihrem nods.
Jeihrem fades into the sands as if he were never XXXXe at all.
You say, "I will bring those worthy to you, and allow the otXXXXs to be fodder."
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/11/2017 06:21 PM CST
Awesome stuff. Thanks for posting it.
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/11/2017 06:30 PM CST
It looks like you met with a draugr deathlord.

But seriously, that was pretty cool.
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/11/2017 07:57 PM CST
Absolutely awesome stuff has been happening lately!
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/11/2017 10:47 PM CST
Yeah, I have to give real appreciation to the GM's for doing this. These mini-encounters not only help us delve into what our characters goals and motivations are, but they also provide us, the players, with a fun and meaningful way of connecting and being involved with the game world and the events that are transpiring. I am more thankful than I can say that I was able to be a part of this and look forward to having others become involved as well!
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/13/2017 11:12 AM CST
A little late, but thanks for the awesome log. I would hate to be in your shoes if the Philosophers complete the ritual. Heh.

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/27/2017 03:07 PM CST
Has anything progressed with this? It's got me thinking about bringing my necro back out...
Re: An Audience with the Lich Jeihrem 02/27/2017 04:46 PM CST
>>Has anything progressed with this? It's got me thinking about bringing my necro back out...

AFAIK, it appears that the storyline is progressing at a similar pace to how it's been progressing in Plat, and in Plat it's been progressing every week or every other week (which doesn't include non-GM-based progression).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.