Spiteful Rebirth 06/11/2011 11:47 PM CDT
From the spell's description:

The seeming miraculous nature of this spell makes it the most... philosophically contentious of those we agree to teach. Some Philosophers regard it as spiritual necromancy for its treatment of the soul and steadfastly avoid its demonic taint. Others regard mastery of physical resuscitation as a vital preliminary to understanding the greater Alchemy of Flesh. If nothing else, Spiteful Rebirth is the worst possible thing to bring up in polite conversation.

For being the most "philosophically contentious" spell, I haven't seen anything but the determination to get it as quickly as possible from players. Is there anyone who actively avoids using the spell or is it just too convenient? I know we have the zombiephobes but I'm not sure I've ever seen someone shy away from SRE. I think the distinction between raising yourself via questionably demonic means and raising another corpse via "not demonic but not good" means is tenuous at best. That is to say, if you're too pure to create zombies yet use this spell, is a moral code truly being adhered to?
Re: Spiteful Rebirth 06/11/2011 11:52 PM CDT
>>If nothing else, Spiteful Rebirth is the worst possible thing to bring up in polite conversation.

We don't talk about it. :-)

I'd say, if nothing else, the majority of Necromancers are pragmatic.

TG, TG, GL, et al.
Re: Spiteful Rebirth 06/12/2011 01:40 AM CDT
>>That is to say, if you're too pure to create zombies yet use this spell, is a moral code truly being adhered to?

OOC nothing we do is adhered to a moral code.
IC any moral code perceived by a character is just a by product of delusion.
Re: Spiteful Rebirth 06/12/2011 06:59 AM CDT
since making a zombie <2x> or using SRE <2x> results in the same state <that of being forsaken>, there are a select few who have still avoided its use.
Re: Spiteful Rebirth 06/12/2011 07:57 AM CDT
Seems almost like playing a pacifist Barbarian.

"4.116 Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly." ~Wittgenstein, 'Tractatus'