1 2 4 Next Next_page
Re:Discuss - Topic: - Mechanics and RP 06/15/2011 07:21 PM CDT
From a little above:

>>Considering that vision is fairly common knowledge it would be interesting to hear the necromancer take on the fact that their path has been foreseen to be the actual end of all things.

According to my yet-to-be-out, fresh necromancer that DIDN'T(...well, new topic, let's not go there...)

The vision predicts the day when a someone begins to rival the Gods and they decide better to destroy everything than allow someone to rule over them.
Re:Discuss - Topic: - Mechanics and RP 06/15/2011 09:09 PM CDT
Scorched Earth. Heh.

Lovecraft has some fantastically chilling quote about how Mankind is sitting in an enormous dark room, with nothing but a tiny candle of science/knowledge to illuminate our surroundings. Our sphere of light has made monstrous horrors visible, and in our arrogance, we seek to expand it.

I sort of imagine Necromancers living in this state of addiction to knowledge, where the we learn, the more we cut, the more we understand, but the more we break. But it's something we can't turn away from. Our little candle will grow ever brighter, making more and more monstrosities visible, and perhaps worst of all, laying more of ourselves bare to what resides in the darkness, and our own prying eyes. We will either illuminate something we shouldn't have, or will understand something we weren't meant to.
Re:Discuss - Topic: - Mechanics and RP 06/16/2011 03:18 AM CDT
>We will either illuminate something we shouldn't have, or will understand something we weren't meant to.
This.

This was basically what I was intending for my Necro also.. the whole addiction part added a little more color though.

>>"It's part of the whole unnatural abominations upon Elanthia deal."<<

-Armifer
Re:Discuss - Topic: - Mechanics and RP 06/16/2011 03:02 PM CDT
* Your post here *
That can only mean that we are hear to stay. Everything must come to an end. It may take a years, decades, even millions of yearsbut everything eventualy comes to an end. What you are saying is our fate will be exactly the same as every body eles. If we do not exist, nothing exist, in all of eleanthia. I find this comforting. Thanks

And for revenge thou hast created this demon. Her domain is darkness - her purpose is wickedness- Dead Sea Scrolls
1 2 4 Next Next_page