Thing Behind Lyras and Book 05/22/2011 10:01 PM CDT
I think that BOOKs purpose is to use, us as pawns toward an end. I think he made some deal with the thing behind lyras, and every time we use the thanatolgy ritual it adds to the power of the thing behind lyras. The trade off is that Book knows that the empty souless imortality of SRE brings us is not the immortality that he desires. The immortality that he desires is the reward he recieves from the thing behind lyras after it recieves enough power derived from all the evil rituals we do.
Just a thought.

And for revenge thou hast created this demon. Her domain is darkness - her purpose is wickedness- Dead Sea Scrolls
Re: Thing Behind Lyras and Book 05/22/2011 11:49 PM CDT
I think you are thinking way too much along the lines of evil tea party fake guild Necromancers and not paying enough attention to the actual guild lore.

Also: I highly suggest that everyone who goes after Necromancers in a PvP sense should be Open themselves. To do otherwise is hypocrisy.

-Z
Re: Thing Behind Lyras and Book 05/22/2011 11:55 PM CDT
>>I think you are thinking way too much along the lines of evil tea party fake guild Necromancers and not paying enough attention to the actual guild lore.

Along with that, if Book really wanted to work for Demons, I doubt he would have had much trouble openly recruiting people for it. The insane asylum that is the guild would have the same kind of population and it's not like everyone not of the guild would hate them more than they already do.

"We're not "out to get you," we're here to enhance your playing experience with extreme prejudice.," DR-ARMIFER
Re: Thing Behind Lyras and Book 05/23/2011 05:29 PM CDT
Just a small observation:

Necromancers are not a Guild, but rather a Sect, Philosophers of the Knife. Perhaps each Gathering Hall will be a separate Sect, and group.

But your absolutely right, your characters are despised, and hated, and commonly killed on site for their wrong doings (if they don't get killed, or having a problem locating you).

But carry on. If you want your characters to sell their soul to demons, I think that is something that is what a Lich is... (and someday soon it may be released).