How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/02/2015 06:54 PM CDT
Even though the previous post was revealing a bit too much when it came to names, to try and answer the question:

If you're curious to learn more about each guild leader, ask the other guild leaders. They all have strong opinions. What's fun is that each answer also lets you get a grasp on their own personalities, as well.

You can also ask them about Lyras and yet-to-be-accessible guild leaders, as well.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/02/2015 08:28 PM CDT

How do you know the name of non-accessible guild leaders?
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/02/2015 08:38 PM CDT
I think there have been events about him/her...it? We'll go with it. Nothing for awhile, but enough that the name has been circulating.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/02/2015 11:18 PM CDT
>>How do you know the name of non-accessible guild leaders?

As mentioned, the character exists. It's just the guild that isn't accessible.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/03/2015 07:57 AM CDT

I always feel like I'm so out of the in game lore-rumor mill. If there a place to read up on what's going on or known? Or... suggestions where to go to participate? There was a great Necro teaching night a while back, more like that!
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/03/2015 03:26 PM CDT
I keep meaning to throw together another dice night, which was intended to be a casual place to meet people and gossip about whatever was going on, but my schedule has not been cooperative. :<

Beyond that..not really, it seems. The events can't be posted about without the posts being pulled and there's no easy way to tell who is in the loop if nobody talks about it.

That said, I believe the event has been on hold for quite some time. At least that's the impression I got.

Thayet
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/04/2015 01:24 AM CDT
>>The events can't be posted about without the posts being pulled and there's no easy way to tell who is in the loop if nobody talks about it.

I'm pretty sure I saw people posting about they visions/attacks they've experienced and/or been warned about. I just don't think they've been happening as of late.

Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/04/2015 02:06 AM CDT
I assumed the bulk of it fell under ~guild secrets~ to be honest. If not, welp!

Thayet
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/04/2015 06:03 PM CDT
>>I assumed the bulk of it fell under ~guild secrets~ to be honest. If not, welp!

AFAIK, as long as you're not naming names (or any explicit identifying information, be they names, addresses, etc) on the boards it's okay. "There's a Perverse Necromancer attacking Book's Philosophers through some pretty radical means in order to turn them to the Dark[er] Side" doesn't really give away any secrets. As long as you're exercising restraint and don't start naming names, talking about specific locations where things took place, etc, you're probably safe. It's less information than what you'd give on a fully transparent report, but it's something to provide if you want to keep people in the loop.

Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/04/2015 11:05 PM CDT

Soooo... can someone do that?
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/04/2015 11:28 PM CDT
>>Soooo... can someone do that?

AFAIK, "There's a Perverse Necromancer attacking Book's Philosophers through some pretty radical means in order to turn them to the Dark[er] Side" actually covers a lot of it.

The radical means, at least from what happened in Plat so far, were what appeared to be either psychic attacks that somehow caused physical damage, or the guy is actually capable of remotely animating things you wear and having them attack you. Either way, it's not something you want to experience.

Naturally, Book's position is "don't accept his offer or give into his demands during these attacks, because joining the perverse doom brigade is something Philosophers shouldn't do."

Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/05/2015 03:02 AM CDT
The last meeting contained a pretty good summary of things Prime-side (which isn't as far as I can tell too different from Plat). I actually have a log with all the names edited out of it if you weren't able to make it and I'd be happy to toss it your way. Just get in touch and I'll toss it over.

Thayet
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/05/2015 05:08 AM CDT
>That said, I believe the event has been on hold for quite some time. At least that's the impression I got.

I wouldn't call these events 'on hold'.

As for learning about the Teachers themselves, you can piece together quite a lot if you search for all of the various sources. A few pointers to start you on your way:

* As mentioned before, go ask them (and others who happen to hang out in their homes) about each other, as well as various other topics. They all have a lot to say about a lot of things, and you won't know if they cover that topic unless you try to ask!

* There's been a lot communicated through many different events over the years, both the ones referenced earlier and others. If you can find some active eventers who have been around for a bit, you may find they can tell you some stories. Not all of the people who know things are Necromancer players, and not all of the events I'm talking about were overtly Necromantic.

* Their homes tell a fair amount about them as well. Pay attention to some of the details there beyond just who you can talk to and you'll learn a bit extra.

* A special shop or two has had the occasional item inspired by aspects of these folks' histories and personalities over the last few years. They are much easier to notice if you know a few things already, but if you can locate these items or information about them, you'll see what at least certain other people tend to think about the Teachers.

* The artifacts auctioned at the Something Unusual event from GF 2014 lend information about at least three of the Teachers, two who you can meet easily and one who has only been felt through events so far. The fourth item brings with it information on other characters relevant to Necromancers, but none of them are one of the Teachers. Links to their e-pedia entries are below, but not all of them have their full information recorded.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon:Monstrous_spiked_double_axe_of_dark_metals_exuding_a_miasmic_sanguine_aura#Recall

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Fine_animite_vial_with_colorful_salt-filled_glass_chambers

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Miniature_kobold_hand#Recall

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Thin_grey_cloak_%281%29

-Persida
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/05/2015 09:15 AM CDT
Could do some serious lumberjacking with that axe.

Taking stock of its defensive abilities, and attacking with a book of apprentice carving instructions, you are certain that the dire bear is a truly skilled opponent.
Re: How to Learn More About the Guildleaders 07/05/2015 03:08 PM CDT
>>https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon:Monstrous_spiked_double_axe_of_dark_metals_exuding_a_miasmic_sanguine_aura#Recall

Just curious, but is it intentional (in a lore sense) that this item is super duper similar to some GS items? Or was it a REALLY cool script/item that DR got imported into it.

>>https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Fine_animite_vial_with_colorful_salt-filled_glass_chambers

Plz release in plat someday so we can properly archive <3

>>https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Miniature_kobold_hand#Recall

It did not occur to me that this was a Guildleader.

>>https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Item:Thin_grey_cloak_%281%29

I miss that guy most of all!