Persecution 12/14/2009 09:51 AM CST
the path we follow is a difficult one.
over anxious zealots can be hindering to the cause..
I propose that my brothers and sisters should take note of the ones who are unwise in their pursuits of persecution.

These martyrs must know that while they watch, they in turn are being watched.
Re: Persecution 12/14/2009 11:18 AM CST
Im watching you.

Eladrin
Re: Persecution 12/14/2009 04:51 PM CST
I'm makin' a list, checkin' it twice...

Rev. Reene

Kaedan says, "Darling, I'm -fabulous-."
Re: Persecution 12/14/2009 06:14 PM CST
the spring came and the ice thawed...the children were the first to notice the smell.
a musty and mouldering aire overcame the main room gradually.
when the groundskeeper came to investigate, he traced it's source to the chimney stack. with a fire-poker he jabbed at the offending mass. In a cloud of black soot and maggots the broken form of a dwarf crashed into the pit of ash. Garbed in red and white, sunken milk-white eyes and a hideous fleshless grin, he single handedly ruined the holiday festival for the children forever.
with the help of the servants the groundskeeper disposed of the body...when the master of the house inquired who it may have been the keeper simply replied "Burglar".
Re: Persecution 12/14/2009 07:05 PM CST
(This here paper is broken down. Maybe somebody has worked on making it battered to the point of not being identifiable.)

I'd like to suggest that we are not persecuted. They're doing us all a favor. Personally I think we should thank them. Thank them for what they've given to us. The should've-been-will-be-Perverse are standing out there in the rain and shopping and running around with with visible magic for all our benefit. I don't even consider them a sacrifice. They'd like to be one though. They've done it before.
Re: Persecution 12/15/2009 01:59 PM CST
Is it possible at all to use necromancer knowledge for good? Can I only heal myself or could I possibly stitch someone else up?
Re: Persecution 12/15/2009 02:10 PM CST
>>Is it possible at all to use necromancer knowledge for good?

If it is, I'm sure i'll be bug fixed shortly.

To clarify, the GMs have stated the never want to see a situation where someone is searching out a necromancer for buff spell etc and this all necromantic abilities that can buff are self only. There's some lore about this around blood magic in particular if you're interested in chasing it down.

SEND[Abasha] It warms my heart to see three people die for a cupcake.
Re: Persecution 12/15/2009 08:33 PM CST
although they ideologically don't do anything that "benefits" others, the belt knives were definately a benefit for all. heh. :-)

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: Persecution 12/15/2009 08:39 PM CST
>although they ideologically don't do anything that "benefits" others, the belt knives were definately a benefit for all. heh. :-)

I don't think we should give necromancers credit for coming up with a perverse way to use a utility knife that's clearly intended for skinning.
Re: Persecution 12/16/2009 07:42 AM CST
Necromancers don't have any abilities that can be used to help others. That said, there is nothing stopping you from using the same verbs all other guilds can use. You can still tend other's wounds, drag deaders around (if you are still undetectable), gweth for assistance for the dead, kill off critters overwhelming another character (I suggest this be done with a bow and not magic), forge, tan, etc. If part of your camouflage is aiding others, there is no reason you can't do so in the same way most others do.