Other states of being 07/21/2020 08:34 AM CDT

Is it safe to ask now maybe, is there possibly and ETA on the other two states of being now that redeemed is a thing and live?

Thanks for all you do!

Z

I don't feel that I need to explain my art to you, Warren.
Re: Other states of being 07/21/2020 10:17 AM CDT
We do not have an ETA for the other states of being at this time. I do not want people to feel that this is lost in the cracks, but while they are on our radar, they are not immediately forthcoming.
Re: Other states of being 07/22/2020 08:29 AM CDT
That's very disappointing. I would think that with the groundwork laid with the redemption quest, with the nature of how it was coded, you could plug the other two into that quest. It's a shame it's taken so long to completely flesh out a guild that's gotta be over 10 years old in a 20+ year game.
Re: Other states of being 07/22/2020 08:36 AM CDT

The first area will almost certainly feature in the other two States of Being. Some of that groundwork has been laid. But the Church and Redeemed spells do not have anything to do with Lichdom or Transcendence, and both of those elements of Redemption required significant work. The other two states of being will also require significant work.

I do not want to give the impression that nothing is happening here. But Lichdom and Transcendence are not currently near release.
Re: Other states of being 07/22/2020 10:08 AM CDT
I appreciate the additional information and I think I understand the level of work involved. Redemption was a great quest to go through and I enjoyed it immensely. It's just disheartening to wait for so long for something so iconic to the guild. I hope transcendence isn't a huge joke, I hope the two remaining states have significant changes and benefits. Risen was a huge letdown personally and I think they still have a lot of potential but they would have been a million times more useful if they were the combat pet that you could call one to you at a moments notice vs spend time creating a zombie.
Re: Other states of being 08/27/2020 11:28 PM CDT
Lichdom seems pretty self explanatory - what is Transcendence going to look like?

Didn't realize that was an option.

- Rhoat
Re: Other states of being 12/01/2020 03:30 PM CST
>>Lichdom seems pretty self explanatory - what is Transcendence going to look like?

Forgive the delay, its been awhile.

The lore pitch is that the Transcendi are Philosophers who complete the Great Work and have become semi-divine. These differ conceptually from Redeemed insofar as the Redeemed are penitents who wear holy chains, while the Transcendi are Promethean figures who have carved out a bleeding chunk of divinity and claimed it as their own. Among other qualities, they have gained the living immortality that Kigot promised them and will endure endlessly. For better or worse.

Mechanically I have a few different thoughts but won't get into the deeps until we're much closer. Though one thing I've wanted to do for awhile is let Transcendi give favors out.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Other states of being 12/10/2020 08:36 PM CST
>>Forgive the delay, its been awhile.

Thank You

- Rhoat
Re: Other states of being 12/13/2020 05:58 PM CST

Transcendi? Makes me think of a vape cartridge.. lol

But I love this info. Thanks for it! and giving out favors would be a fun turn around... could start our own 'legit' faiths. I promise the tithe for mine will be very low :)
Re: Other states of being 12/13/2020 06:17 PM CST
>>Transcendi? Makes me think of a vape cartridge.. lol

It's an oblique reference that makes me happy inside, but might or might not actually enter IC vernacular when we get there.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Other states of being 03/09/2021 09:25 AM CST
How's them other states doin? Are we any closer to the center of the tootsie pop?