Necromancer Roadmap? 02/25/2019 05:07 PM CST
Lyneya Today at 11:16 AM
He’s necro guy lately.

Armifer / Grejuva,

Any chance either of you could give us an update/preview/tease on what's going on in the development world for Necromancers?

• We've been told that there are five spells approved; the poison/disease thing, and four more specifically for Redeemed Necromancers. Would love to hear, well, anything.

• Spells geared for The Redeemed would point to Redemption being a thing. Which leads to the obvious inference that States of Being are being worked on. If so, anything you're willing to say? Would this just be Redemption? Any movement on Lichdom or Transcendence?

• Anything new for Risen? Armifer mentioned maybe adding other skills, like invisibility.

• Any chance for Safe Necromancer titles?

• Anything else you consider a priority? Where do you folks want to take us?

- I
Re: Necromancer Roadmap? 02/25/2019 06:41 PM CST
>>Any chance either of you could give us an update/preview/tease on what's going on in the development world for Necromancers?

We cannot discuss our current Necromancer work at the moment, but we should be free to talk about it in the coming weeks.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Necromancer Roadmap? 02/25/2019 06:44 PM CST
<<Any chance for Safe Necromancer titles?>>

Out of curiousity, what type or necromancer-specific reputation/title do you think would be safe to have in Elanthia? Not snarking, but honestly something I have a hard time brainstorming outside Redeemed-type titles.

A cool option might be a combat/weapon/survival title set that actually has a hybrid of qualifications. So it could be something like ??crossbow and (??skinning OR ??first aid OR ??thanatology).

Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the
other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice. —Inferno
Re: Necromancer Roadmap? 02/25/2019 07:38 PM CST
>>Out of curiousity, what type or necromancer-specific reputation/title do you think would be safe to have in Elanthia? Not snarking, but honestly something I have a hard time brainstorming outside Redeemed-type titles.

I didn't read any snark in there. No worries.

This is more in regards to shared titles (my original post below). The guild rolled out after titles did, and as I peruse through the other guilds' lists have I see a lot of options that would suit us. Unfortunately any title in the "Necromancer" title category automatically gives SO, regardless of how benign it might be.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Necromancers/Suggestions%20-%20Necromancers/view/2479

I don't consider this a high priority by any means. But excluding a couple of Racial titles, the we literally have ONE title: Necrolord. I'd love some more options, especially to help us hide in plain sight (if that's something you want to do).

- I

(Reposted with less typos. Meh.)