A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/17/2017 04:23 PM CST
I've been working with the rest of Team Necro on the Risen system, and a few days ago I finished up one of the special abilities that Risen can optionally have. But it doesn't have enough random messaging; not nearly enough.

This is where you come in. Between now and Christmas, submit to my play.net address random messaging that fits with what I'll show you below. If I use it, I'll give you an RPA. Not much, I grant, but it's something I can do on short notice.

The Fine Print:
1) One RPA per player regardless of number of suggested messages.
2) Necro PCs only, but there is no circle requirement.
3) Please include your (Necromancer!) character name and what version of the game they're in.

I hope you have as much fun with this as I did.

THE CHORUS DISCORDANT

START UP:
The risen monstrosity begins to sing with a multitude of distinct voices. Soaring, intertwining sound slowly swells in a crescendo.

The risen monstrosity's song reaches its peak and turns sour. The voices clash, droning and shrieking. Yet for all the sacred words and animal sounds, there is a hint of melody that keeps the whole choir moving.

(A sampling of) RANDOM MESSAGING:
The risen monstrosity babbles and shrieks in a strangely melodic fashion.

Multi-tonal babble and nonsense pour out of the risen monstrosity, yet you cannot help the pervasive inkling that the words are for you alone.

A series of distressed barnyard noises emanate from the risen monstrosity, occasionally broken up by supplications to Meraud.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/22/2017 03:13 PM CST
As of now all entries I've received have been judged, edited, put in if possible, and the RPAs distributed or will be distributed next time you log in.

For Necromancer players that have not yet entered, remember you have until Christmas.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/22/2017 05:06 PM CST
Abasha says, "Okay the fact that you have a four-headed abomination screaming a sacred chorus is pretty awesome."
You ask, "Can I post that on the forums?"
Abasha says, "Yes."

-Armifer
Re: A Very Necro Christmas Contest 12/26/2017 07:01 PM CST
All participants that I received messages from have gotten their RPAs at this point. The new batch will be available upon logging in if you were not already on-line.

While the contest is now closed, there is one exception I wish to make. One Necromancer sent their submission as an attachment rather than in the body of their e-mail. I did not open this due to a surplus of IT paranoia, but since I did not specify not to do that, I will accept their submissions if they resend them in the body of a new e-mail.

For those curious, the Chorus Discordant currently has 39 different random messages.

-Armifer