Necromantic Rituals Messaging 08/25/2015 09:29 AM CDT
The following change should be considered experimental. I am not 100% certain I want to keep it, but I want to at least try it out to get opinions. Your constructive feedback is appreciated.

The following rituals have had their messaging changed: Preserve, Consume, Harvest, Arise, Dissection, and Cut.

In most cases there are actual changes to the prose, to be a bit less generic in tone. The two big changes, however, are:

1) 3rd person messaging is much more obvious, describing the sort of desecration you're doing to the corpse.
2) If you have Obfuscation up, no 3rd person messaging occurs at all.

Further notes:

A) Consume's 2nd person messaging is not blocked by Obfuscation. If you Consume a PC, the victim will always be messaged.
B) Failing a dissection, due to the nature of the messaging, has no 3rd person messaging even without Obfuscation.

This is live in Prime and Platinum for now, Fallen to follow if we decide to keep it.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino

This message was originally posted in The Necromancers, Abilities - Necromancers. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/13/122/936/view/956