Invasions 11/29/2016 05:05 PM CST
Any way to get the justice area outside the NE gate turned down, like in normal invasions, during the ones when Guardians and such invade?

For instance, when they invade the area outside the NE gate, you still can get dinged for forbidden practices. When they invade out the North or West gate, there is no justice zone there. If something comes past the town gates, the guard is too busy to care.
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 05:46 PM CST
We've been told in the past that the GMs are uncomfortable giving the players a button that turns off justice. I'm not sure if it is even possible to turn off just part of Crossing Justice without putting the whole system in invasion justice mode.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.

They're proud of them."
-Raesh
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 06:23 PM CST
I mean, really that is all I am asking, that invasions all be treated the same.

I'm not saying, we should be able to initiate a no justice zone ourselves. Just that the invasions that come into the justice area, outside the NE gate to the WM guild, be turned off when creatures are attacking. I'm sure Warrior mages are having issues as well, seeing that they can't use a bunch of their combat spells during these events either.
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 06:26 PM CST
>>I'm not saying, we should be able to initiate a no justice zone ourselves.

But, given that these particular invasions are player-triggered, you kinda are.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 07:07 PM CST
Yeah it's annoying for WMs, too. I would settle for fixing AOEs to not generate charges when default or CREATURE cast.

Mazrian
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 07:56 PM CST
>>Yeah it's annoying for WMs, too. I would settle for fixing AOEs to not generate charges when default or CREATURE cast.

This x10000000000000. The fact that Rathan hunting grounds are mostly justice is just terrible.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 09:19 PM CST
>>But, given that these particular invasions are player-triggered, you kinda are.

A little stretching there. You never know where the invasion will happen, plus the player initiating the invasion, might not even participate. While participating players, had no intention of starting one. Let alone of the sole purpose of creating an interim no justice zone.

I've never started one, but have fought in several dozen.

~~Them: Raising a family is hard. Me: Not if they're buried close enough to each other.~~
Re: Invasions 11/29/2016 09:21 PM CST
>>Yeah it's annoying for WMs, too. I would settle for fixing AOEs to not generate charges when default or CREATURE cast.

I'm caught in as SO spiral now because I went on a guardian killing spree.

Them: Raising a family is hard. Me: Not if they're buried close enough to each other.
Re: Invasions 11/30/2016 01:15 AM CST
>>A little stretching there. You never know where the invasion will happen, plus the player initiating the invasion, might not even participate. While participating players, had no intention of starting one. Let alone of the sole purpose of creating an interim no justice zone.

That's great, but players are still then the ones who shut off justice. AFAIK, there's no such thing as "shutting off justice only in this particular room where an overall area's justice mechanics are working." In this particular situation, it's not like an invasion in the N gate won't shut off justice in the NE gate, or an invasion outside the NE gate wouldn't also shut off justice inside the NE gate.

I sympathize, and it's not like I'd lose sleep if players can do it, but the reason we were told they can't is because GMs don't want players shutting off justice.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Invasions 11/30/2016 09:40 AM CST

While I wouldn't in a million years put it past game players to try and game any system loophole in place, I do think tweaks to JUSTICE are long since overdue, and hope to see them reevaluated 'soon'.