Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 08:43 AM CST
So, blew a crossbow box today. No big deal, I'll just tend it...

Nope, hand too messed up to tend. Ok, I'll go heal in combat and...

Nope, bleeding got worse and died. Fine, I guess...pop back up and go about my business...

Nope, bolts still there, still can't tend them. Die again. Now I feel a bit mad. This seems like one of two things.

1. Oversight. I can understand that SRE doesn't heal everything, that is cool. But the lodged crossbow bolts seem like something that should be removed by it.

2. Being extremely vindictive. My only option is to favorless depart.

Keep in mind this is from a box. I assumed SRE would remove poison and disease as well, but now I'm not so sure...

Is this how this is supposed to work?
Re: Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 09:49 AM CST

> Nope, bolts still there, still can't tend them. Die again. Now I feel a bit mad. This seems like one of two things.

Justified, and I hope it's fixed. Until then, you might want to keep a few hand remedies on you. I believe you can use those without hands.
Re: Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 03:03 PM CST
Are there any tools available to necromancers (sorcery maybe?) that allow for vitality or bleeding control? Lodged ammo should fall out after a bit if you can come up with a trick to keep yourself alive long enough. Max potency healing remedies should heal you enough (or completely) to tend those bolts out at the very least.

Also, chain deaths suck.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 03:13 PM CST
>>Are there any tools available to necromancers (sorcery maybe?) that allow for vitality or bleeding control?

Siphon Vitality is a TM spell that restores vitality when it lands.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 04:14 PM CST
SRE should (and I'm pretty sure does?) heal you to a point where you can sustain life, which in my mind, should also cause any lodged things, diseases/poisons, or... anything else really... to be removed.

I think lodged items not falling out is an oversight.
Re: Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 04:18 PM CST
I've actually never tested to see if SRE wipes poison/disease but I assumed it didn't given complaints in the past about dealing with gangrene. Does anybody know for certain?

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Dying only to die again 11/20/2015 05:38 PM CST
I have definitely intentionally died to rid myself of gangrene.
Re: Dying only to die again 11/24/2015 01:25 AM CST
Well that's an odd reason to die, why not just heal yourself all the way...It will go away
Re: Dying only to die again 11/24/2015 01:35 AM CST
If you have a lot of wounds, gangrene can actually pulse so quickly and so badly you can't keep up with the wounds it's causing.

Even if you do heal to full, it doesn't go away, it goes dormant. It can take anywhere from minutes to hours to go away on its own once it's dormant, which can be annoying, as if you get another wound it comes back at full strength.

So death saves time I guess.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Dying only to die again 11/24/2015 07:00 AM CST

Fleshrot also causes wounds.
Re: Dying only to die again 01/01/2016 06:27 PM CST

F2P Igor.