Fleshrot 05/27/2015 01:36 PM CDT
Complaint/Question - First, does this last forever, or is the advice 'just kill yourself' legitimate here?

Second, please, oh please, can we get some functional method for handling disease/poison?
Re: Fleshrot 05/27/2015 02:58 PM CDT
>First, does this last forever, or is the advice 'just kill yourself' legitimate here?

Unless this changed in 3.1, no, it does not last forever. Also, beyond a certain high amount of stamina (~100 or close), most types stop doing any noticeable damage (like, I didn't even see it pulse). Again, unless something changed.

Makes sense necromancers would have figured out some form of poison/disease healing or resistance by now IMO. Otherwise, it's sort of like... I've a mastery of my body to the extent that I can heal my wounds and magi-physically augment my parts to make me better, but I'm screwed if I mess with even relatively weak poison.
Re: Fleshrot 05/27/2015 03:00 PM CDT
Depends on the source of the fleshrot. Quite a lot of it will outright jump to another person when it pulses if someone else is in the room, so... you could try that?

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Fleshrot 05/27/2015 03:36 PM CDT

Dammit. Well, I guess I'll just keep waiting it out. Any estimates on the time to clear? I think I'm at 30+ min so far

>Quite a lot of it will outright jump to another person when it pulses if someone else is in the room, so... you could try that?

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuurious...
Re: Fleshrot 05/28/2015 03:35 PM CDT
I'm on maybe my second hour of having fleshrot.

This is really annoying.
Re: Fleshrot 05/28/2015 07:37 PM CDT
Fleshrot as a necro is annoying as heck but as long as you're fully healed, stay fully healed, and see that it remains dormant, it'll go away.

I tend to just dedicate a day to crafting and non-combat stuff when I have a bad case of rotty.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Fleshrot 05/28/2015 07:41 PM CDT
Fleshrot is distinct from gangrene. Fleshrot is the open sores one that keeps generating wounds on you even if you're fully healed. At least I think that's what he's talking about.

It's mostly just annoying because I've never seen it do more than scratches in a pulse, but still.

Thayet
Follow @thayelf on Twitter for absolutely nothing of any value whatsoever!
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 02:51 AM CDT

I had a case recently of some really nasty fleshrot, was from a box trap. Fully healed, full vitality and one pulse destroyed my chest completely and killed me. VERY annoying since I went through the trouble of healing up before hand and would have just been better off dying sooner instead of wasting time waiting around for it to go away.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 02:52 AM CDT

Double post!
Necro at the time was 105-110, 55-60 stamina.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 06:50 AM CDT

>Fleshrot is distinct from gangrene. Fleshrot is the open sores one that keeps generating wounds on you even if you're fully healed. At least I think that's what he's talking about.

Correct - this was annoying because every couple of minutes it'd pulse and generate a small wound. I basically had to sit in combat backtraining weapons for a few hours, devouring every 3-4 creatures. There's no way to tell how long the disease will last, and I was lucky the severity of the disease was low.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 07:24 AM CDT
>>Correct - this was annoying because every couple of minutes it'd pulse and generate a small wound. I basically had to sit in combat backtraining weapons for a few hours, devouring every 3-4 creatures. There's no way to tell how long the disease will last, and I was lucky the severity of the disease was low.

This is pretty much me with some nerve poisons. Not the best setup especially given how crazy-long the durations can be. I can't wait for poisons/disease to get 3.0'ed.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 08:15 AM CDT

I wish devour or consume flesh got some sort of stopgap measure to allow them to treat disease or poison.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 09:09 AM CDT
Maybe a spell that lets us transfer disease/poison/etc. to a target?

Inhaling sharply you turn your knowledge of anatomy inward and excise that which binds the sickness to your weak flesh.
Focusing on <target> you exhale a sickly stream of soot at <target name>, coating <him/her/it> in noxious residue which seeps into their <scales/skin>.

I'd imagine it'd take a rewrite of poisons and such to work at all with creatures, though.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 10:19 AM CDT

Maybe, long term, but for now I'm just interested in a stopgap measure to make death not be the optimal way to handle disease/poison.
Re: Fleshrot 05/29/2015 01:24 PM CDT
We were told that a CF or weaponization for disease/poison isn't something the GMs want to do for necros (at least for now). I personally expect to need to use remedies.