SO for necro title 01/21/2015 07:44 PM CST
I can understand us necros getting full SO for throwing up a necro title in a justice area. but if im out in the middle of no where(completely lawless) why does tossing up a necro title (where there are absolutely no citizens of any province in the area) completely tank my SO? That just seems stupid to me. Any chance of an explanation why it happens like that?
Re: SO for necro title 01/21/2015 07:55 PM CST
Because a title is more then a Post-It note on your chest. Its a bold declaration of what you are, or what you represent. You declare yourself proudly a Necromancer, you've got to expect to reap the rewards of such an action.

Samsaren
Re: SO for necro title 01/21/2015 08:22 PM CST
To expand, a title is not just a name tag.

It's the way you portray yourself to the world, to the point where anyone who knows about you knows what you are. It's like the how Richard wasn't just Richard, he was Richard the Lion-Hearted.

When you pop up a title, you're basically sending out letters to everyone in the world saying "I'd like to be known as a Necromancer, kthxpls." Okay, this step breaks down a bit due to the mechanics, but you get the idea.

In short, it's not a name tag, it's how people know you. And if people know you're a necromancer, it doesn't matter if you're in town.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: SO for necro title 01/21/2015 10:05 PM CST
Other games: A title is a fun pointless thing you unlock which tells other people what to think about you.

DR: A title is the embodiment of your character, and tells you what other people think of your character.

So by setting a title of 'necrobob' you're 'telling the game' that other characters (NPCs, PCs, guards, etc.) think of your character as a 'necrobob'.

Make sense? It's the opposite of what you might think.