CF and DEVOUR 01/01/2014 03:20 PM CST

Is it just me or does anyone else see these as inefficient spells. I mean it works and all, but I can heal myself faster with herbs, and I am only able to get a cast off about half the time with devour which keeps telling me that I currently lack the skill to complete the spell. If this is the case, how is it that I can get it to cast half the time? Anyway, I'm not very impressed with either one of these. Need more powa!
Re: CF and DEVOUR 01/01/2014 03:32 PM CST
>>Is it just me or does anyone else see these as inefficient spells.

Depends on the circumstances, but I'd say on a grand scale it's you.

>>but I can heal myself faster with herbs

But you'd need herbs/remedies. CF/Devour don't require those. Plus CF is more targeted.

>> I am only able to get a cast off about half the time with devour which keeps telling me that I currently lack the skill to complete the spell. If this is the case, how is it that I can get it to cast half the time?

Because it's not a binary yes/no situation. You have a percentage chance to cast it properly.

But, if you can't even cast at a minimum prep, you probably should stick to using CF. Devour isn't beneficial compared to CF until you can cast it rather well.

>>Anyway, I'm not very impressed with either one of these. Need more powa!

Might be a user-side issue. You might need more skill.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: CF and DEVOUR 01/02/2014 04:45 PM CST

You gesture.
Small streams of viridian and copper leap from your outstretched hand, coalescing around the river sprite's body and exploiting the thanatological link. The streams flare a sanguine red, devouring the river sprite's corpse as your own body is mended. You are wracked with pain as your flesh writhes and knits, the crude pattern eradicating each wound and blemish with savage efficiency.
You feel the spell activate and attempt to repair the internally damaged area, but it is ineffective.

>health
Your body feels at full strength.
Your spirit feels full of life.

Your wounds are infected.

(sigh)

Any chance we can get this to at least say what it attempted to fix? So we can use cf to clean it up if devour can't spot it.
Re: CF and DEVOUR 01/02/2014 04:49 PM CST

sorry for the double post, but I suppose this works to see what is remaining if devour can't say what it attempted to fix.

You feel a wave of nausea rising from your gut as you notice a sickly green fluid oozing from your wounded nerves.
>health
Your body feels slightly battered.
Your spirit feels full of life.

Your wounds are infected.
Re: CF and DEVOUR 01/03/2014 06:48 AM CST
Or since everyone seems to like things balanced by drawbacks...

How bout a general cast DEVOUR with no target or corpse devours ourselves? Gets rid of poison/disease, but at the cost of also hurting our body. For example, it will cure local poison in our arm, but injure the arm in the process.

>cast
Without a thanatological link to guide it, the energy of the Devour spell twists under your control - streams of viridian and copper racing madly up your arm seeking something, anything, to consume. Latching on to the first abnormality they find, the streams begin devouring the <stunning poison> in your <nerves>. Without the careful guidance of a ritual they go too far, and you are wracked with excruciating pain as the spell ravages your <nerves> in the process of ridding your body of impurities.

Then you'd have some wrecked nerves and another wound to heal. Severity could be balanced so that the additional healing would be 'fair' considered we just healed poison/disease.
Re: CF and DEVOUR 01/06/2014 06:56 PM CST
Devour and CF only use that energy from the corpses to power the spell. A different trans spell would work better I would think.