Lava Drakes - No Rituals? 08/27/2013 05:28 PM CDT
Gotta beat my head against the wall here for a second and mention the fact that not only can we not train THANATOLOGY in Lava Drakes, we cannot self heal there either. Apparently Lava Drakes are constructs, so Necromancers cannot perform rituals.

Woe is me.

- Kart / Rhoat
Re: Lava Drakes - No Rituals? 08/27/2013 07:51 PM CDT
Yes, lava drakes are constructs.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: Lava Drakes - No Rituals? 08/27/2013 09:41 PM CDT
BOOOOO :<

- Kart / Rhoat
Re: Lava Drakes - No Rituals? 08/27/2013 11:32 PM CDT
Constructyness is definitely intended, the construct ladder is pitiful on a good day and usually more like a "construct cliff." I do have approval for some similar-level non-construct creatures (near a major city! but not in town!), it's a matter of finding the time.

Melete
Lore Developer
S'Kra Mur Race Champion
Empath Advocate
Advocates Lead
Events Lead
Re: Lava Drakes - No Rituals? 08/28/2013 12:44 AM CDT
Constructyness aside - Drakes are teaching very well and are otherwise very cool -

Will be nice to see some more higher end creatures - thanks :)

- Kart / Rhoat
Re: Lava Drakes - No Rituals? 08/28/2013 11:32 AM CDT
<<I do have approval for some similar-level non-construct creatures (near a major city! but not in town!), it's a matter of finding the time.>>

That sounds rather promising, especially if "non-construct" means "living" in this case (which seems likely given the context of Necromancer rituals, assuming I'm not mistaken in thinking they don't work on undead). Can I just put in an early request to include a section of the area that doesn't have the spawn dial turned to 11? It seems like it would be highly desirable to give characters an opportunity to grow into an area if they want to, instead of having to keep milking lower level creatures until they're able to handle the massive swarms.

Thanks,
-Life Sustainer Karthor