Rituals 04/13/2013 10:46 PM CDT
There was a release on rituals a while back that boosted the experience for pretty much every ritual, it was good. Now Its went back to basically nothing which is a problem since killing time is relatively slower and the fact that most rituals make a corpse insufficient for skinning purposes.

Basically If performing a ritual on a corpse Is going to ruin the money that can be obtained out of it, it should at least give some good experience. I know that some creatures that can't be skinned can be harvested and what not, but having to use the different magic skills I can't kill like before, thus, cannot obtain the same amount of corpses to perform rituals on. It would be nice if experience could be boosted at least until this could be looked at on a larger scale.
Re: Rituals 04/14/2013 09:19 AM CDT
The exp boost was rolled back because of a major experience-related bug.

>>Basically If performing a ritual on a corpse Is going to ruin the money that can be obtained out of it

You could always just preserve skinnable mobs, or not hunt skinnable mobs at all. Necromancers are uniquely set up in a manner that lets them move skinning without skinnable mobs.

I'm all for more exp, though. I just don't think the money thing is a good reason for more exp.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Rituals 04/14/2013 09:53 AM CDT
They did put a stopgap exp increase in just recently. Now I can actually lock thanatology on a long enough time scale, so it'll work until a better solution comes up. I'd love to be able to reliably learn first aid and skinning off of the rituals like the change that went in.

At least it's better now than it was right after 3.0 launched.