DEPART DEATH, DEPART GUILD and the Spider 10/29/2018 07:12 PM CDT
Had the misfortune of dying to the Snake Pit. I then attempted to use DEPART DEATH (self-resurrect in the same room as my body is in):

DEAD> depart death
Something in the area interferes with your spell preparations.

Which is fine, I guess, if not ideal. I then used DEPART GUILD (depart to the nearest Necromancer "guild" location, which is not necessarily a guildhall but a private room...) which dropped me in the Crossing guildhall.

I don't have a problem with that, exactly, but I was in Shard the last time I took the path to the spider. (I don't believe I logged off between taking the path and departing)
Re: DEPART DEATH, DEPART GUILD and the Spider 11/01/2018 07:42 AM CDT
I think if you wait a bit they'll drag your body to a magic-friendly room that allows depart death. At least this was the case last year.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: DEPART DEATH, DEPART GUILD and the Spider 11/01/2018 11:25 AM CDT
>I think if you wait a bit they'll drag your body to a magic-friendly room that allows depart death. At least this was the case last year.

That is indeed the case. Crowded room in prime, but at least you have the option.