depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 11:39 AM CST
I thought i remember reading in a log during sebastianne and her necomancer partners run-in with the inquisition, that ignifera? <SP> had used depart death within her home.

When I recently tried this with my necro in plat <she died to experimentation with a holy runestone. blew off her arms..> she was messaged that she had to log out and log in again in order to do depart death outside of the house. Is there a reason we can't do this inside of a home? I know you can't with regular depart because of graves mechanics don't mesh with premie homes, but... we don't make a grave.

the world is broken
Re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 06:35 PM CST
>I thought i remember reading in a log during sebastianne and her necomancer partners run-in with the inquisition, that ignifera? <SP> had used depart death within her home.

To put it simply, the mechanics got cheated a bit there for the sake of roleplay.

>When I recently tried this with my necro in plat <she died to experimentation with a holy runestone. blew off her arms..> she was messaged that she had to log out and log in again in order to do depart death outside of the house. Is there a reason we can't do this inside of a home? I know you can't with regular depart because of graves mechanics don't mesh with premie homes, but... we don't make a grave.

I really don't want to risk allowing that kind of stuff, as it gets into some very scary code and the very tiny benefit we may get from it (IE being able to depart inside houses) isn't worth risking people's inventory for. Incidentally, a house is the absolute worst place in the game to drop something that you want to keep.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 06:38 PM CST
could depart death and depart full to be allowed as exceptions? or would even then risk scary code exploding?
Re: depart death and premium homes 03/10/2010 06:57 PM CST
>could depart death and depart full to be allowed as exceptions? or would even then risk scary code exploding?

Death code is pretty scary and home code is scarier, and this isn't really a good enough reason to try to mess with both at the same time. So no, not at this time.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.