Ranger Handshakes 02/04/2010 12:59 PM CST
It was just pointed out to me that if a Ranger shakes my hand, they can tell if I am a Necromancer or not (as I masquerade as a Ranger). Because I cannot prevent someone from shaking my hand with DEMEANOR, I think this should be tweaked or something, so I can at least avoid having an outright tell that I am a magic user, but not the guild I'm claiming to be.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.
Re: Ranger Handshakes 02/04/2010 02:46 PM CST
Actually, they can't really tell you're a Necromancer. All they can tell is that you're not really the Ranger you're claiming to be.

Masquerading as another guild comes with its own risks, as does not masquerading as any guild at all. Sooner or later you're probably going to get outted. This is especially true if someone's actively asking you if you're a necromancer in the first place. They have several methods to try to determine whether you're a necromancer, and it's not just limited to secret handshakes. If you're at the point someone's trying to handshake you to figure out your guild, it's usually best to either flee or vivisect their face off if you have consent or they're open.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.