Mana 01/25/2010 08:49 AM CST
Are there plans for necromancers to get a mana booster of any sort?

"By Idon's hairy hangnails!"
~Tsinlee
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 09:27 AM CST
>>Are there plans for necromancers to get a mana booster of any sort?

Philosopher's Preservation
Philosopher's Preservation furthers the improvement of the Necromancer's nervous system that allows him, above any of his peers, to perceive Arcane mana.
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 10:06 AM CST
>>Philosopher's Preservation
>>Philosopher's Preservation furthers the improvement of the >>Necromancer's nervous system that allows him, above any of his >>peers, to perceive Arcane mana.

Except PHP is an evasion/reflex boost. The closest thing so far is Kura Silma, which is primarily a Perception Boost, with a minor boost to PP (going by the wiki, I only have PHP, not KS yet).
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 10:09 AM CST
>>Except PHP is an evasion/reflex boost. The closest thing so far is Kura Silma, which is primarily a Perception Boost, with a minor boost to PP (going by the wiki, I only have PHP, not KS yet).

I'll admit I haven't tested it out but you're saying that the description that says that it allows necromancers to perceiver more arcane mana means nothing?
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 10:15 AM CST
>>I'll admit I haven't tested it out but you're saying that the description that says that it allows necromancers to perceiver more arcane mana means nothing?

Right, though the rest of the spell description attempts to clear up its function.

Also, here is the spell messaging when PHP is cast:
You clench your hands into fists and grit your teeth, trying to channel mutation through your body!
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.
Swirls of reddish-black energy erupt forth from all over your body, settling into your nervous system. There is the briefest flash of intense pain before the spell improves your mortal reflexes into something beyond that of a normal S'Kra Mur.
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 10:41 AM CST
They should change the spell description then. That's rather misleading.
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 11:07 AM CST
>>They should change the spell description then. That's rather misleading.

...I guess, if you stop reading every spell description after the first sentence?

Sentence 1: It modifies the Necromancer's nervous system, we clarify this is possible due to your Arcane attunement ritual.
Sentence 2: What this actually does.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Mana 01/25/2010 11:35 AM CST
>>...I guess, if you stop reading every spell description after the first sentence?

My impression was that it increases your mana and provides a reflex and evasion boost since the first sentence says that it increases your perceived mana. You don't see why this is unclear?