Necromancers and Redemption. 01/15/2010 01:42 PM CST
So I read a post by Abasha that said once you crossed a certain point, you were considered 'beyond redemption' forever.

I could swear that I once read that you had to cross a certain threshold of divine outrage before you could even begin the redemption quest. Has this been changed?

My question is, Would someone who had plans to play a redeemed necromancer, have to be playing them AS redeemed (no transcendental buffs, no animation sorcery), from the start of their career?

I planned to have my necromancer join innocently, slowly fall to darkness, give himself over to damnation, then when a certain event took place, look inside himself and find that spark of inner light once more.

So is it true then, that if I let said necro 'fall from the grace' of the immortals, that he'll just wind up perverse, or, beyond redemption, forever? If so, when is that point of no return?

Is it when you get smote for animating corpses? Is it when you get the warning to stop such blasphemy? Is it once you start having perverse necromancy titles auto-attached to you? Is it when holy spells meant to harm cursed or undead beings suddenly start exploding you?
Re: Necromancers and Redemption. 01/15/2010 01:46 PM CST
I find it curious that you look to that spark of 'inner light' and decide it means you'll turn your back on everything you've worked for.

I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.