Outrage 01/15/2010 03:50 AM CST
Is there a cap on social outrage? In other words, if someone keeps screwing up, is it just going to keep stacking until they're going to have to wait two years before it dies down?

On a similar note, is there a cap to the rising floor of divine outrage from circling, or will circling continue to push you up until you have little or no breathing room between your "minimum" DO and what will get you smote?
Social Outrage Decay + Warrant 01/19/2010 12:35 PM CST
Hello,

I didn't find an answer for this on the boards so I thought I would ask. Does having an outstanding Forbidden Practices warrant impact Social Outrage decay in any way?

On the one hand having an active warrant outs you to board snoopers. But considering arrest increases one's notieriety (and presumably gives your own money to OOC-info-gathering player accusers) it seems perfectly valid to avoid hot towns or Justice zones entirely.

I conclude there must be some decay while wanted, since the SO Death Spiral involves multiple warrants and is theoretically recoverable from. In this respect it is probably different from Thief Rep. But if it's anything like the Thief system at all, I'd consider saving up some money and Pleading Innocent so I can at least use the local task givers in a week or so.

Me Against the World with 40 Evasion,
V
Re: Social Outrage Decay + Warrant 01/19/2010 03:47 PM CST
>>I didn't find an answer for this on the boards so I thought I would ask. Does having an outstanding Forbidden Practices warrant impact Social Outrage decay in any way?

No. Your Social Outrage decay is guaranteed, regardless of what you do, as long as you're playing the 2.5 hours that day to collect it all (though continuing to feed into a SO Death Spiral can quickly undo the day's decay).

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Social Outrage Decay + Warrant 01/19/2010 06:15 PM CST
What exactly is it that triggers an increase in SO... is the the actual arrest, or is it the people becoming "fearful and angry"?

Because I currently go test my SO by ordering something at Wolf Clan. They always get fearful and angry, but I never get arrested.

I don't think I've come out of the death spiral since entering it, but Ive gotten accused more than once anyway.
Social Outrage question 01/25/2010 12:34 PM CST
Greetings,

I have a low level Necromancer who appears to be caught in the "social outrage death spiral" and I'm wondering if there's any way to find out whether this is some permanent effect or whether my outrage is just high and will drain normally. Facts I think are relevant are: It's been going on for a span of days/weeks, albeit without being logged in for 2.5 hours a day; this character was involved in some RPing with the inquisition at the time of the tapestry and was also caught up as a victim of that hoax, although not horribly conspicuously; I did cast some of the 'wrong' spells in justice areas, weeks ago; and I really haven't done much (anything?) in town over this time other than attempt to check whether I get the "fearful and angry" message (only once in past week). When I ask Zamidren about perverse I get the "I warned you, my son" response.

My question is, basically, what's going on here? Is this just a high level of (standard-ish) Social Outrage? Was my character somehow "marked" as Perverse as a result of the tapestry plot and/or interacting with Khurek and Sinstra? Is this just how long it takes for the effects of casting the wrong spell in justice zones to wind down? Most importantly, though, I'm curious whether this character will ever be 'normal' (for a Necro). Can I behave myself for long enough and have these current effects "run out," or is there some permanent "marking" effect that means this character will now never be as innocent-looking as if I were to reroll him?

Sorry if that's hard to follow; I'm just wondering, basically, whether I should reroll at this point or keep playing this character. The all-out-Perverse type isn't really what I'm (as) interested in playing, so if my guy is now "stuck" on that, I might want to reroll.

Thanks for any answers anyone can give, and I want to clarify that none of this is a complaint in any way. It's been an absolute blast, and even if an answer to this question isn't in the cards, it's still lots of fun. The question has just been bugging me for a few days and I thought posting here might be my best shot. Thanks guys!
Re: Social Outrage question 01/25/2010 10:15 PM CST
I wouldn't reroll, because the problem you're having is either outrage working as it's intended or something that will be fixed/changed. Either way it seems likely you'd run into the same issue again in the future. From what I've seen personally if you are going to publicly RP a necromancer then you are not going to be able to use towns in virtually any fashion short of stat training and depositing/withdrawing money, and even then only while hidden or using EoTB.
Re: Social Outrage question 01/26/2010 12:06 PM CST
>I have a low level Necromancer who appears to be caught in the "social outrage death spiral" and I'm wondering if there's any way to find out whether this is some permanent effect or whether my outrage is just high and will drain normally.

You just have high outrage. Wait for it to run out and you'll be fine.

-GM Abasha

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Outrage issue? 03/18/2010 12:08 AM CDT
I'm having trouble with my low level necro pertaining to social outrage I believe. I was successfully accused of necromancy once in Crossing nearly a week ago, and everytime I attempt to exchange coin at the bank or use the vault I'm instantly arrested for profane arts I believe. I tried avoiding all towns and cities for about a two day period thinking that it may have to do with social outrage, but I attempted to enter my vault again and BAM! Instant arrest. Will this eventually wear down? I've given it a two day period to cool, and still no luck. What am I to do? Is this some sort of glitch or I'm I just not giving it enough time? Is there anything I can do to aid this process?
Re: Outrage issue? 03/18/2010 02:36 AM CDT
A post was moved down to the Commons. I know it's easy not to see the topic, but please try and watch where you you post.

As always if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor