redemption 12/29/2009 06:32 AM CST
1. Can one become "redeemed" at any point in your "career" or is there a point where you are beyond redemption?

2. Is the redemption quest "live" yet?

If you are going to damn yourself, my child, you might as well do it all the way.
Re: redemption 01/03/2010 11:25 AM CST
To clarify both of the posts above:

There are two quests planned right now that a necromancer will be able to do, which are the Lichdom and Redeemed quests. Both of these quests will involve the Old Man at some point.

On the Redeemed Quest -- When you're put through the thing that opens your eyes to Arcane mana, Something Really Bad happens to you. The gods disapprove mightily of said thing happening, and even moreso that you're actually going through the process willingly. From there, you inevitably follow this self-destructive and world-destructive path that the gods hate. When you actually begin creating the undead they despise or consciously reject their favor, you become even worse off and get smote for it. Continuing down this path of self-destruction too far, there is a point when you're simply too ruined to save, no matter how much you plead with the gods to give you one last chance. So yes, there will be a point in your career when it's "too late" to become redeemed, although there's never a point where you can consciously stop feeling guilt.

On Lichdom -- Lichdom is actually a somewhat inaccurate term, or at least it's not really an all-inclusive one. This is a defining, conscious moment in a Necromancer's life when they decide to throw off the shackles of the gods completely and become eternal. When you do so, you throw off all connection to the divine, and become Something Else, something that's "outside". To put it crudely, one who has gone this change is no longer connected to the natural cycle of life. This is not something you can ever reverse, even if you discover you want to. Right now there aren't any necromancers around that can even attempt lichdom yet.

Neither of the quests are live yet. When they are you'll definitely know about it, probably through in-game events. It won't be for a while though, as my next big project is "real" Risen.

-GM Abasha

P.S. Mozzik if you stop finding bugs in the guildhall maybe someday I'll be able to actually code this stuff

When the squirrels rule the world, my work will be complete.
Re: redemption 01/04/2010 05:57 AM CST
<<P.S. Mozzik if you stop finding bugs in the guildhall maybe someday I'll be able to actually code this stuff

It's OK, he's moved on to breaking clerics. :p

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.
-Armifer
Re: redemption 01/04/2010 03:29 PM CST
Stupid Mozzik...

GM Jaedren