Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 09:34 AM CDT
Disclaimer

Nothing posted is absolute. This is from players who have worked together to try to write up as much as we took notes on and remember.
THIS IS NOT WRITTEN BY GMS!
This information is not based on facts but ideas. This means they are subject to change. Release dates are never given out because life happens, and things change. If you have any ideas or changes to the proposed ideas please

Post on the official forums!

Now this does not mean to message this sucks, this is bad, or this is stupid. Come up with a change or idea and present it.

NONE OF THE INFORMATION YOU ARE GOING TO READ IS SET IN STONE! Anything posted about was a discussion, not a fact. The only fact that was made was that Totenus was a dirty filthy necro.

States of being

Redeemed

Will be released first
Will be able to get favors and healed by empaths
Will lose the ability to heal themselves
Will lose access to most spells in the current necro spell book
Will get its own unique spells that may resemble some of the main necromancers spells
Will not blow up casting holy, but it is still very hard to cast
They will have one holy spell (maybe)
They will not gather social outrage in towns
They will get social outrage for casting their arcane spells in town
Yes most of their spells are still arcane
Circle to switch lower like 20 or 30 and beyond (maybe)

Lichdom

Will be the next one to be released after Redeemed
Will be very powerful, focusing on destruction
Circle to switch maybe around 150?
PLEASE POST IDEAS IN THE NECROMANCER FORUMS, The Necromancers http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Necromancers/view. THIS HAS ROOM FOR SUGGESTIONS

Transcendence
(the gentleman necromancer except for Zharen)

Last of the states of beings to be released
Might be accessible around circle 100
PLEASE POST IDEAS IN THE NECROMANCER FORUMS, The Necromancers http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Necromancers/view. THIS HAS ROOM FOR SUGGESTIONS

Demons

The Hunger has been showing up in visions. It doesn't matter who else was reached out for. (visions being Necromancer’s summoning rituals). Turns out he is jealous. We are his toys. He is hungry.
The Demons want to come to our plane for something we have not figured out yet.
Mael is dead, there is no plans to bring her back ever.

Spells/Magic/abilities

New spell to be released (forgot name) is almost finished. It will make a ritual knife out of bone and blood and allow you to use rituals even with both your hands removed.
Cure disease and poisons in the works
Have any ideas post in Abilities, Skills and Magic - http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Abilities,%20Skills%20and%20Magic/view
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 09:35 AM CDT

Instrument of Flesh is the spell name of the upcoming spell.
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 09:46 AM CDT
Just to touch on some of this since I probably wasn't clear as I could've been face to face:

All Redeemed spells (the Anabasis spellbook) are Arcane.
Redeemed will have the same Holy access as Unsullied (non-Forsaken) Necromancers.

Pencilled in circle reqs for advanced states are 100th for Liches, 150th for Transcendi, and "whenever" for Redeemed.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 11:10 AM CDT

Thanks armifer I didn’t know which was which. So much rich info and awesome lore.
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 01:31 PM CDT
>>New spell to be released (forgot name) is almost finished. It will make a ritual knife out of bone and blood and allow you to use rituals even with both your hands removed.

I believe Armifer tentatively titled this one "Instrument of the Flesh".

Which spellbook will this fall into? Transcendental Necromancy?

- I
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 01:54 PM CDT
Likely, since it sounds like you'll be sprouting it from a limb or stump Wolverine style.
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 01:57 PM CDT
I want to place it in Animation for Reasons but I fully admit it'd fit more intuitively into Transcendental.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 05:00 PM CDT
>>All Redeemed spells (the Anabasis spellbook) are Arcane.

Some etymology ('cause I was compelled to look it up): Anabasis (from Greek ana = "upward", bainein = "to step or march")

- I
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/18/2019 05:30 PM CDT
Anabasis is best bet understood as the opposite of katabasis, which among other things has the mythological assocation of a hero or deity's descent into the Underworld.

If katabasis is the mythical descent, anabasis is the ascent from the underworld at the conclusion of the quest, like Hercules on his 12th labor, or Persephone in the spring...

...or Orpheus, because that happens sometimes too.

-Armifer
Re: Simucon RTD Necromancer infomation 07/19/2019 09:58 AM CDT
Do we have any idea what some sample spells or abilities might be for Lichdom and/or Transcendence? I’m extremely interested in knowing more about both of these. Will either still deal with SO or DO? Will either have access to the Transcendental spellbook?

-Nate