Outrage 04/26/2015 11:00 AM CDT
Does ranks in thanatology alone increase outrage, or using perform? Or both?
Re: Outrage 04/26/2015 11:12 AM CDT
>>Does ranks in thanatology alone increase outrage, or using perform? Or both?

IIRC it's circling, not than, that raises your DO floor.

Performing rituals and casting trans/animation/blb spells will raise your current DO.
Re: Outrage 04/26/2015 11:18 AM CDT
> Performing rituals and casting trans/animation/blb spells will raise your current DO.

So, either way, simply using PERFORM PRESERVE on critters is enough to eventually place me at risk in town (as far as outrage goes) even if I remain at circle 1.
Re: Outrage 04/26/2015 11:23 AM CDT
>>So, either way, simply using PERFORM PRESERVE on critters is enough to eventually place me at risk in town (as far as outrage goes) even if I remain at circle 1.

No. There are two types of outrage. Divine Outrage: which I was describing in my previous post. It measures how angry the gods are with you for necromancing, eventually leads to not being able to hide your prep and death.

Then there is Social Outrage. This measures how angry the locals are with you and doesn't have anything to do with your DO. Being seen casting necromancies, having a zombie out, sporting trans spells mutations in justice zones are some of the ways you'll raise SO. At a high enough SO point you'll lose access to town services and be arrested/killed for trying.

This is all off the top of my head. Begin your real research here: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Outrage.
Re: Outrage 04/26/2015 12:23 PM CDT

You should familiarize yourself with 'tells'. All rituals but Harvest are safe to use, I think, though Harvest will not alert the authorities in a justice zone, just PCs (again, I think).
Re: Outrage 04/27/2015 09:18 AM CDT
HELP OUTRAGE is also another tool available to help distinguish between the types of outrage:

HELP OUTRAGE

There are two kinds of Outrage that Necromancers can attain: Social and Divine.

Outrage is generally used to determine a Necromancer's relative position to the Perversion State of Being. (To read more about States of Being, please view the link at the bottom of HELP OUTRAGE 3.) These meters are not intended to be exacting, and they will gradually decay while you are logged in.

While Outrage only affects Necromancers, lesser versions of Social Outrage and Divine Outrage can affect non-Necromaners. These are referred to as Social Corruption and Divine Corruption. Each of these conditions is time-based.

There's also a specific kind of corruption that Moon Mages can attain that will disrupt their abilities. This is called Teleologic Corruption.

To read about Social Outrage, type HELP OUTRAGE 1
To read about Social Corruption, type HELP OUTRAGE 2
To read about Divine Outrage, type HELP OUTRAGE 3
To read about Teleologic Corruption, type HELP OUTRAGE 4

Nikpack