brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 03:14 PM CDT

Im pretty new to the guild and am not sure if this has been said but what about possibly a 'strangle' ability used with brawling so maybe we cut the air off to the critter so that would leave the corpse unharmed for our rituals? Was thinking maybe we could either use our hands or maybe a piece of rope. Would seem to fall in line with poisoning someone to get an unharmed corpse.
Re: brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 05:16 PM CDT

Not sure about a brawling maneuver to strangle, seeing as barbarians have the guild perk of choke. At one time it was talked about our having a disease spell or something along the line that would kill without damaging a corpse, but I'm not sure if the plan was dropped entirely or is simply in limbo. I'd rather a spell over brawling though, personally.
Re: brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 05:42 PM CDT
I'd like to see barbarian choke and the suggested necromancer strangle as unlockable brawling rank feats or possibly brawling combat maneuvers unlocked by brawling skill in situations where you overwhelmingly win a skillcheck and/or stat check and open to everyone. Opening it to everyone would help shield your identity as a necromancer if you were interested in that sort of thing.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 06:19 PM CDT
Well I guess I was seeing the mad Dr Frankenstein sneaking up behind someone with a piece of rope in order to strangle it. believe the Barbarians actually break their neck. Was actually thinking more along the lines of suffication
Re: brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 06:33 PM CDT
In the past this has been the intention of some of the poison-style spells that have been discussed, but due to how poison (doesn't) work right now they've never really panned out.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 06:36 PM CDT
I'd be cool with a 0 slot meta spell that had SV only do vit damage without physical damage when you flip the switch on

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: brawling necro ability 03/08/2015 07:01 PM CDT
Like Raesh said, a vit-only TM attack has been on the docket for awhile now, it just hasn't managed to claw its way up to the top of anyone's priority list yet.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: brawling necro ability 02/11/2016 12:42 PM CST
I have to admit, Siphon Vitality does seem like the spell to change to do vit only damage. It makes the most sense, and other then when my own vit is down right now it never gets used. Poor SV.

"If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger