Survival Prime. 03/27/2013 02:53 PM CDT
We are survival prime yes? Can we get the 2 second search perk that the other survival primes have?

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/27/2013 10:25 PM CDT
I would hope so, it seems that survival prime is supremely lacking after the 3.0 surge.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/27/2013 11:13 PM CDT
Not sure how survival prime is lacking as a result of 3.0.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Survival Prime. 03/27/2013 11:49 PM CDT
I don't want turn this into a crazy discussion on nerfs and buffs to this and that. Just want the survival prime perk that the other ones have since we ARE survival prime. 2 second search is the one we don't have. got slip and 2 sec hide so I just assumed 2 sec search was and oversight. Can we get in!?

"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash Village.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 12:45 AM CDT
>> Just want the survival prime perk that the other ones have since we ARE survival prime.

Yes please. And have vivisection teach stealth. Snipe does... :) Also lower min prep on vivi while you are at it.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 05:15 AM CDT
>>Yes please. And have vivisection teach stealth. Snipe does<<

We've been down this road a dozen times before. Vivisection teaches stealth on the first hide only. Other than that, I suppose it would be fair if it taught stealth with each cast when snipe begins teaching primary magic, attunement, and targeted magic. We learn a whole lot more than stealth with every cast of Vivisection than those with snipe learn with every arrow or bolt shot. I don't need Vivisection to train stealths, there are plenty of ways to get the job done without it.

"EMPATHS RULE ELANTHIA -- ALL SHALL LOVE US AND DESPAAAAAIR" ~GM Melete
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 08:30 AM CDT
> Not sure how survival prime is lacking as a result of 3.0

Because hiding isn't nearly as useful after new combat has came out. One of the most undoubted main uses of a survival prime guild has always been stealth, its probably the one main use that most people choose the skillset for. As of now I can search somebody out pretty much every search with 100 more hiding than my perception, and thats not even taking into account watch. It is pretty ridiculous seeing how 1st strike doesn't matter nearly as much now. The only guild that doesn't lose out to much is the thief guild suprisingly because while they are aeen intitially hiding or easily pointed out they can still perform their ambushes regardless.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 08:54 AM CDT
How can thieves perform ambushes despite been seen?

Stealth lets you get the drop on when combat happens. That means you can initiate more easily. Coupled with very potent anti-magic and a zombie ready to summon, and you still have a number of options available to you.

Also, if you're worried that survival prime is no longer viable, cater to your evasion. Watch certainly needs attention, but the hide/ambush/hide style of PvP needed to stop, as having a single skill that effectively kept you immune from PvP was stupid broken anyway.

Also, lets stop with the skyisfallingzomg constant GvG, it's really trite.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 10:42 AM CDT
>>Stealth lets you get the drop on when combat happens. That means you can initiate more easily. Coupled with very potent anti-magic and a zombie ready to summon, and you still have a number of options available to you.

No, it really doesnt. Cause you come out of stealth with either a ranged shot, or possibly a nice big 100 mana viv and maybe get a good hit that doesnt even cause a wound. Then your target easily skips away to freedom. Buffs up. And comes looking for you. First strike maybe. Actually useful? Not really. (also I don't think anyone was talking about Anti-magic or zombies)

>>Also, if you're worried that survival prime is no longer viable, cater to your evasion. Watch certainly needs attention, but the hide/ambush/hide style of PvP needed to stop, as having a single skill that effectively kept you immune from PvP was stupid broken anyway.

I think the contested checks are all way out of whack. with well over 1200 stealth buffed. People with 800-900 perception were searching me out. Without me saying a word, just targetting Viv the same people saw me target. And moved away. Losing my first strike because of stealth. I am in no way saying we need to old stealth immunity that we used to have. But come on. It has clearly shifted to the nearly useless.

>>Also, lets stop with the skyisfallingzomg constant GvG, it's really trite.

You seem to be the only person here getting all worked up about this. You clearly don't pvp much as a necro, and thats fine. But it does make you look like you have no idea what your talking about.

-Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 10:53 AM CDT
>No, it really doesnt. Cause you come out of stealth with either a ranged shot, or possibly a nice big 100 mana viv and maybe get a good hit that doesnt even cause a wound. Then your target easily skips away to freedom. Buffs up. And comes looking for you. First strike maybe. Actually useful? Not really. (also I don't think anyone was talking about Anti-magic or zombies)

While watch is silly (/absurd), essentially same complaints have been echoed about walking up to someone in broad daylight and punching someone to open up PVP/dropping a disabler on them/shooting them in the face. Some of this may be resolved by the Wound Damage Tweaks being screamed about?
Re: Survival Prime. ::NUDGE:: 03/28/2013 10:55 AM CDT
If you feel the need to conflict with someone, please feel free to head down to The Social Side of DragonRealms < Conflicts - Strictly Out of Character. Otherwise let's discuss the topic at hand and not each other.

As a general reminder, the Necromancers folder is a no conflict, low tolerance folder. Please stick to the rules so I don't have to enforce them.

Helje
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Helje@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at DR-Sidatura@play.net, or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 12:56 PM CDT
>>We are survival prime yes? Can we get the 2 second search perk that the other survival primes have?

Yup. This is live now.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 01:09 PM CDT
Thank you. Appriciate it.

Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 01:12 PM CDT
>>Yup. This is live now.

Wow did not see that coming so quickly. Thanks Amifer.

While your at it can we get Vivisection looked at? So it A) Works from Eyes of the blind. and B) Work like it did in 2.0 where preping and targetting the spell did not give perception checks. That was the best part of the spell. Please and Thank you.

-Zerreck Arkarm
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 01:26 PM CDT
>>While your at it can we get Vivisection looked at? So it A) Works from Eyes of the blind. and B) Work like it did in 2.0 where preping and targetting the spell did not give perception checks. That was the best part of the spell. Please and Thank you.

That won't happen as quickly (the SEARCH change was a one-line bug fix), but I do plan to revisit Vivisection in the near future.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 01:36 PM CDT
>That won't happen as quickly (the SEARCH change was a one-line bug fix), but I do plan to revisit Vivisection in the near future.

Woot! I will take it as a good sign!

Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 01:40 PM CDT
>>I do plan to revisit Vivisection in the near future.

Thanks for looking into VIV again. It was one of my favorite 2.0 spells and now I barely touch it.

Granted, IMO the biggest nail in the coffin for VIV is the minimum prep, but anything else that can be adjusted would also be appreciated.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 03:25 PM CDT
>>B) Work like it did in 2.0 where preping and targetting the spell did not give perception checks. That was the best part of the spell. Please and Thank you.

Targeting the spell should cause a perception check, just like aiming from hiding causes one and targeting any other spell from hiding does.

Same with prepping. I think you can reduce the difficulty of the perception check by turning off prep hiding. At least that's the impression I get from casting ANY spell with mantle of flame up. It's a massive stealth hindering spell and it also seems to hinder spell prep hiding. Every time I prep a spell I get the same line I get when I hide:

The fact that you're glowing like a torch massively hinders your attempt...
You melt into the background, convinced that your attempt to hide went unobserved.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You trace an angular sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Ethereal Shield spell.
The fact that you're glowing like a torch massively hinders your attempt...
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 03:30 PM CDT
Oh and to add to that, loading a bow from hiding also has a perception check. That seems equivalent to the spell prep part of vivisection.
Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 04:02 PM CDT
I think the major issue with all things stealth is when they tried to sway it from the OP hax situation it was before it swayed to far 300 perception should not trump near 500 stealth. WATCH is extreamly over the top considering what I just mentioned. and even 1:1 ratio would be nice with modifier on perception based on wisdom stat and stealth based on discipline. As always just my opinion.

Re: Survival Prime. 03/28/2013 06:39 PM CDT
>>I think the major issue with all things stealth is when they tried to sway it from the OP hax situation it was before it swayed to far 300 perception should not trump near 500 stealth. WATCH is extreamly over the top considering what I just mentioned. and even 1:1 ratio would be nice with modifier on perception based on wisdom stat and stealth based on discipline. As always just my opinion.

Agreed 100%. Watch needs to be renovated and stealth/perception checks need to be balanced. The only thing is, once you've come out of stealth in an attack, or other blatant manner, there should be a penalty to stealth. Nothing huge, but something to represent that the people who were in the room when you did that now know you're there. Now with an attack it may need to be a larger penalty, but non-combat activities don't need to be as harsh.

In order to keep it balanced, it should really be a positive perception modifier for the people who were in the room at the time rather than a negative stealth modifier on the one who was hiding. That way someone who walks in doesn't see you more easily than they normally would.
Re: Survival Prime. 07/02/2013 09:09 PM CDT
>>>In order to keep it balanced, it should really be a positive perception modifier for the people who were in the room at the time rather than a negative stealth modifier on the one who was hiding. That way someone who walks in doesn't see you more easily than they normally would.

I disagree, that would suggest that because you jumped out and attacked BOB; Mike and Sally Bystander can see Joe, who is still hiding, better. It should be a stealth hindrance on you because Mike, Sally, Bob and Joe, all watched you do it, and will most likely be keeping an eye on the crazy person jumpin out shootin stuff.
Re: Survival Prime. 01/02/2014 09:45 PM CST
Yeah, WATCH is preposterous and has no business being in the code. If someone puts up ranks in a skill let them reap the rewards.

[00:26] Your mind hears Kenamer thinking, "{faintly}" "that's it Zinsbog! there is no place you can hide now!
[00:32] Your mind hears Kenamer thinking, "need help"